What shotguns are you hunting with?

Benelli super black eagle 12ga. w/ 26" barrel. (Imp Cyl Choke Tube)
Winchester Model 12 26 inch barrel Mod Choke 12 ga.
Winchester Model 12 28 inch barrel Mod Choke 16 ga.

The Benelli and the Winchester 16 ga. get the most play.

Lock and Load:D

lots of model 12s being used.
my winchesters are
M 12 12 ga 25.5 barrel open , my rabbit gun
M 12 16 ga 26 imp barrel
M 12 20 ga 26 full
M 42 410 26 full
M 24 16 26 full & mod
M 101 12 ga 26 imp & mod
:cheers:

lots of model 12s being used.
my winchesters are
M 12 12 ga 25.5 barrel open , my rabbit gun
M 12 16 ga 26 imp barrel
M 12 20 ga 26 full
M 42 410 26 full
M 24 16 26 full & mod
M 101 12 ga 26 imp & mod
:cheers:

my brownings
BSS 12 26
BSS 20 26 (on its way)
Citori sport 20 screw
Citori 12 26 screw chokes
A 5 Sweet 16 26 imp
A 5 12 26 imp
A5 20 mod
I also have a 20 ga Ruger Red Label
and a Beretta Silver Snipe 12 ga:D

Cz redhead deluxe 20ga 26in,
Cz ringneck 28ga 26in,
And occasionally grandpas (now my) 1953 wingmaster 12ga 30in full choke

Thats why I have a kennel. can keep 24 with no problems. but only 6 pointers and 3 beagles at this time:D

1 GSP can do just as good as 24 dogs. i have a GSP and shes a housedog. shes got a kennel, only goes on the kennel when we're gone to work. other than that, i couldnt keep dogs in a kennel even with a doghouse in the cold all night long all day long. i feel as my GSP is a child of mine. i wouldnt keep my child in a kennel all day/night long.

Browning Maxus 12G camo 28" barrel starting last season for pheasants(sold my A5-12G)

Browning Citori 20G 26" for doves and the dog training bird ranch

Ithaca Model 37 12g vintage 1947 with polychoke when I'm missing my Dad-my Mom bought it for him on their first anniversary
PairOfLabs

My go to upland gun is a Ugartechea Grade 3 SxS in 16 gauge.
Second choice is Browning White Lightning O/U in 12 gauge for late season birds.

The only gun that I seem to shoot well with (in my head I think so at least) my Remington 870 12 ga.

most reliable gun and great choice. i have a Remington 1187 12ga AUTO. when i was a police officer, i had a Remington 870 extended for a long time... then they made us start using benelli M4 super 90 tactic auto/pump shotgun. i didnt care for it. the reliablity of the Remington was what i was used to.

That's why I struggle switching. My dad said I can use his O/U whenever I want. I have once or twice. I have shot others as well. The only one I'm even considering is the Winchester SX3. The O/U isn't bad, I'm just not a huge fan of the way it swings. It fits alright, but doesn't swing well with me. The SX3 would only be used for ducks, so I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stick with the 870 for a while yet.

Mossberg Silver Reserve 12ga o/u

Remington CTI II
Remington 870 Wingmaster
Remington Versa Max -New for next season
All are 12 gauge, 28 inch barrels

Beretta Xtrema 2. I needed a gun that could do everthing. I would realy like a nice o/u but its not in the budget right know. Maybe I will get luck and win one at the PF banquet next month.

O/U first choice

Birdman65/
Your treatment of dogs is about the only thing that we agree on. I have three dogs, 2 GSP's and 1 Welshie. They live in the house, sleep on the bed and are as much of the family as me or my wife and kids.
That being said, I don't need to have more that one gun, I simply choose the have a bunch. I don't play golf, go to the bar, or have other expensive hobbies, I buy guns. Usually expensive sxs's because that is what I like and that is what I hunt with. I once loved the semi autos and then the O/U's. Now I don't even take them out of the safe and would sell them if I got the chance.
I don't hunt to kill things, I hunt for the dog work so if I can't take it to hand with two shots then it can live for me to chase it another day.:)

Weatherbys 12ga

I love 12ga shotguns they are my weapon of choice just about for everything but when i'm upland bird hunting there is my Weatherby SAS 12ga or my Orion O/U 12ga if those fail I carry the Weatherby PA-08 upland 12ga pump or a Remington 870 magnum express 12ga, but I have been looking at the Maxus or the SX3 in the Upland models maybe soon ;)

Back