What shotguns are you hunting with?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got way more than just the two I listed, and would like to add a couple more, I need a really good side by side.

Then if we start talking rifles, I don't think I could name all the ones in the safe/closet/corner of the house.

I like guns.

Im with you on that!!:10sign::cheers:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got way more than just the two I listed, and would like to add a couple more, I need a really good side by side.

Then if we start talking rifles, I don't think I could name all the ones in the safe/closet/corner of the house.

I like guns.

Me too have two safes full. I also need another sxs maybe a bss in 20 ga:cheers:

I learned at a very early age it is nobodies business except mine how many guns I own. When I was going through confirmation my Mentors husband had a huge collection he showed me, and you never would have guessed he had a gun in his house. He told me never keep your guns in sight, because if you do somebody is just going to ask to borrow one. I am the only one who knows how many guns I have.

I learned at a very early age it is nobodies business except mine how many guns I own. When I was going through confirmation my Mentors husband had a huge collection he showed me, and you never would have guessed he had a gun in his house. He told me never keep your guns in sight, because if you do somebody is just going to ask to borrow one. I am the only one who knows how many guns I have.

all righty then:confused:

Can never have to many guns, or dogs, or friends with superior quail hunting property.

i would have to disagree with the dog part. I have one, and one's enough. especially when they're young, mulitple of dogs can wreck a house. especially young under 2 years of age GSP dogs.

Last edited:
Still have the first shotgun..

Still have the first shotgun I received for Christmas when I was 13.. I Use it once and a while - a Remington Model 11 in 20 gauge and the poly-choke setup... 1942 edition - still shoots well.. In beautiful shape - although kicks like a mule with the heavy loads..:) And it was used when I got it.. I am not THAT old!

But most of the time I carry the Remington 1187 28" barrel.. Reach out and touch 'em.. I like to let them get out a ways... or I miss up close.. not sure which.

goatman

I use an 870 either 12 gauge or a nice lightweight 20 depending on when and where.

I have a bad itch to get a synthetic Beretta 391 Urika 2 with a 28" barrel, have had this itch for a little while now. The Extrema 2 strongly intrigues me as well, although I don't have any urge to shoot 3.5" shells.

Might have to work on getting one of each.....:D

I use an 870 either 12 gauge or a nice lightweight 20 depending on when and where.

I have a bad itch to get a synthetic Beretta 391 Urika 2 with a 28" barrel, have had this itch for a little while now. The Extrema 2 strongly intrigues me as well, although I don't have any urge to shoot 3.5" shells.

Might have to work on getting one of each.....:D

Time to start scratching that itch....:) You'd be happy with either gun, however, unless your a waterfowler, the 391 or possibly even the newer Beretta A400 Xplor would be a much better choice for an upland gun.

I'm thinking that itch will get scratched real soon...:D

I have a 391 Urika2 sporting clays gun, but have an itch for one of the black synthetic ones for blue collar work and less than ideal weather...

I am not real fond of the A400 for some reason or another.

Last edited:
I don't hunt waterfowl anymore, but when i did i had an Xtrema. Very dependable and very easy to clean/maintain, in fact much easier than the Urika 2 by a long shot. The knock on the Xtrema (the original) and even the Xtrema2 to some extent is that they were a bit heavy to lug around all day in the uplands. My Xtrema w/28" barrel tipped the scales right around 8lbs. I think the X2 may be a tad lighter, but still too heavy IMO for an upland gun.

I now have one those Urika 2 Ultralights (silver receiver) models that is exclusive to Cabela's. Beretta lists the weight at 6.75 lbs and I will admit that seems accurate. Anyway, it's a pleasure to carry around all day.

As far as the A400 Xplor, I think the jury is still out, although I have heard no bad reports from those that use them and most of it is glowing reports. Soft shooting and well balanced are just some of the things I've read. This gun also has an option for an advanced "KICK OFF" recoil reduction mechanism in the stock which further reduces felt recoil for those that are ultra sensitive.

It's too bad Beretta USA's customer service reputation doesn't match the seemingly well made product lineup though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good points.

My main interest in the Xtrema was that I heard is was even easier to maintain than the Urika.

The thing that is to our (US customers) advantage is that they generally don't need much repair work and that there are some places like Cole's guns and others that do an excellent job at fixing them when needed.

My main interest in the Xtrema was that I heard is was even easier to maintain than the Urika.
No question, not even close. If the weight is not a factor it's a great gun.

The thing that is to our (US customers) advantage is that they generally don't need much repair work and that there are some places like Cole's guns and others that do an excellent job at fixing them when needed.
Agreed, I'd send it to Cole's for warranty work or repairs before Beretta USA anyday. Same with parts.

Weatherby SA-08 Synthetic 12 Gage
Savage/Stevens 512 Gold Wing 12 Gage

Very happy with both.

i would have to disagree with the dog part. I have one, and one's enough. especially when they're young, mulitple of dogs can wreck a house. especially young under 2 years of age GSP dogs.

Thats why I have a kennel. can keep 24 with no problems. but only 6 pointers and 3 beagles at this time:D

Benelli and Winchester

Benelli super black eagle 12ga. w/ 26" barrel. (Imp Cyl Choke Tube)
Winchester Model 12 26 inch barrel Mod Choke 12 ga.
Winchester Model 12 28 inch barrel Mod Choke 16 ga.

The Benelli and the Winchester 16 ga. get the most play.

Lock and Load:D

I shoot a 12ga Benelli supernova... And a 20ga Remington Wingmaster. Always have a backup gun. Driving for hours and hiking for miles is tough to swallow if you can't even pull up on some birds... I also use and recommend a front carry special ops type sling... Bears the weight of the gun (all day long) and I'm always at the ready to pull up and blast em!!!

Back