What shotguns are you hunting with?

Browning Maxus Hunter, 12 gauge, 28" barrel.<----newest to the armory
Browning Gold Hunter 20 gauge, 26" barrel<------sweet shooting gun
Browning BPS 12 gauge, 26" barrel<----use it as a boat paddle duck hunting sometimes.

I mostly hunt with an A-5 20 gauge magnum (Belgian) but the Model 12 12 gauge (2.75") dumps it's fair share during the season. Occasionally I bring out the Model 21 12 if it's nice and if it's really crappy weather I don the Model 1200 Winchester Mag with 30 inch tube. My old favorite is a Model 12, 16, however.

It depends on my mood I guess:
Winchester 1300 Turkey 3" Mag 20" Barrel
Winchester 1300 Featherweight 3" Mag 20" Barrel
Winchester SX3 Synthetic 3.5" 26" Barrel

I also like the short swinging guns! :thumbsup:

Browning Cynergy 12ga 28" synthetic stock (Nice gun that can take some abuse)

Ceasar Guerini Woodlander 12ga 26" with english stock (beautiful classic gun, and light)

browning gold upland 12 ga.
browning BPS upland 12 ga.
browning liege o/u 12 ga
browning lightning 20 ga.
Like my brownings : ) now if I could hit something :)

im amazed how many people own more than 2 shotguns. really? is it the more guns you have the smaller ( you know what insert here )? pls folks, its a JOKE!!

i couldnt see having 2 or 3 shotguns unless they are different caliber/gauge.

as far as rifles, i do varmint shooting and deer hunting... my 30.06 does both but i use my ar-15 .223 for that. If i ever get another gun, would be a 22-250 for varmint hunting.

browning gold upland 12 ga.
browning BPS upland 12 ga.
browning liege o/u 12 ga
browning lightning 20 ga.
Like my brownings : ) now if I could hit something :)

well i can tell you this.. brownings are awesome guns!! but what browning dont have is this..heat seeking bullets.. damn then you wouldnt be missing your targets!!

i like the movie with alex baldwin and jim carrey in it. "Fun with Dick and Jane"
where alex baldwin goes on a pheasant shoot and a bird flies, he shoots and miss, "did i get it??" a shooter in the background raises his gun and fires and hits alex's missed target, "You got him sir!" Alex, "Alright!!!"

that right there reminds me of what you just said... if i could hit something.. ;)

:cheers:

Last edited:
depending on the weather in this order:

1. Browning Citori 525 Feather 12 gauge. Awesome gun!)
2. Browning Cynergy in MODB, 2010 SHOT show special, 12 gauge
3. Benelli SBE 2 w/ 2" barrell

Birdman,
yeh Brownings are great, you talk about being amazed that people own more than two shotguns, well I have a few more than two but I have some for hunting, while in the militaary I got into skeet and trap shooting and now into sporting clays, so I have a gun or two for that. I mentor kids and am a boy scout shotgun merit badge tester so I have guns for kids to use. I also have guns from grandpas and from my father and a gun of his now that he doesn't hunt. Glacoma as I know have. :mad: A few I havebought as an investment, well perhaps:) a 1914 winchester model 12 20 gauge, a model 12 trap gun with beautiful wood. I now have quit buying guns as I have plenty, if I only could hit something with one.

Birdman,
yeh Brownings are great, you talk about being amazed that people own more than two shotguns, well I have a few more than two but I have some for hunting, while in the militaary I got into skeet and trap shooting and now into sporting clays, so I have a gun or two for that. I mentor kids and am a boy scout shotgun merit badge tester so I have guns for kids to use. I also have guns from grandpas and from my father and a gun of his now that he doesn't hunt. Glacoma as I know have. :mad: A few I havebought as an investment, well perhaps:) a 1914 winchester model 12 20 gauge, a model 12 trap gun with beautiful wood. I now have quit buying guns as I have plenty, if I only could hit something with one.

personally, browning, benelli and other gun brands, i find remington and winchesters my preference of shotguns. ive used remington 870 LE model and loved it. ive shot my brother's 20 gauge benelli, not interested.

well owning certain shotguns for certain hobby is fine.. but i find it ridiculous for someone to have 5 12 gauge shotguns only for pheasant hunting. i can see bringing two guns with in case one has a major malfunction and needs repair. Being a police officer before, carrying two pistol is ideal. one duty and one backup small pistol hidden.

as for missing, you got alot of background, espeically military, how can you miss? in LE, we cant afford to miss.

now collectiong shotguns or rifles or any kind of guns that, espeically 1914 winchester is something i wouldnt shoot but display. thats a food FIND! kinda like walking around in cabela's gun collection gallery.

well I did not say I miss all of the time,:) I always quailified expert with the rifle and shotgun in the military and usually sharpshooter or at times expert with the .45 auto as an MP. But they usually seen duty in WW II and NO ONE cleaned them with any care. They were usually as loose as a goose and rattled some.

Beretta XtremaII for waterfowl. It stands up to Bay of Fundy salty mud and cycles anything that I feed it. Kick-off is great for 3.5" shells.

Beretta 686 Ultralight 28" 12 for pheasant. I bought this OU used sight unseen in 2008. After a few seasons I started to notice that I shot the Xtrema better, but the Xtrema is a big awkward pig to carry and shoot for pheasants in comparison to the OU, which tips the scales at just 5.7 lbs. I figured this was because I shoot left and could change the stock configuration on the Xtrema to fit me, but the OU was cast-off for right-handed shooters. This summer I had the OU stock lengthened a bit (black plastic spacer) and had the stock steam-bent to cast-on for left-handed shooting and decreased the drop at comb. Now it matches my Xtrema and it points and shoots where I look naturally. I'm very pleased with the gun now - a pleasure to carry and shoot. I have given up my search for a "shimmable" upland semi - I had been considering the Bennelli Ultralight.

For grouse/woodcock/rabbit in heavy cover I picked up a rough-and-tumble 24" Stevens SxS choked skeet X skeet. It fits into my regular hiking backpack, so some of the spots that I hunt where I have to cross golf-courses etc... to get in there I just drop it and my blaze stuff into the pack and as far as the country-clubbers know, I'm taking my dog for a walk...;) This is also my slug-gun, although it kicks like a damned mule, so I haven't put in the practice required to be proficient enough to shoot at a deer with it.

-Croc

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got way more than just the two I listed, and would like to add a couple more, I need a really good side by side.

Then if we start talking rifles, I don't think I could name all the ones in the safe/closet/corner of the house.

I like guns.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got way more than just the two I listed, and would like to add a couple more, I need a really good side by side.

Then if we start talking rifles, I don't think I could name all the ones in the safe/closet/corner of the house.

I like guns.

Obama just read your message. youre a terrorist and dangerous. ;)

jk.

Citori Classic Lightning 20GA, 28"
Citori Gran Lightning 16GA, 28"
Maxus 12GA, 28"

Citori 625 12GA, 28" (clays special/backup only)

Back