Royals.....Whipping boys no more

Well after all our thoughts and speculation on the incidents MLB has handed down discipline. No action taken against any A's players, Ventura fined and Herrera fined and suspended for 5 games. See you guys in Oaktown.:cheers:

That is interesting. Not sure how your get to that decision, but that should end it.

That is interesting. Not sure how your get to that decision, but that should end it.

Wow Lawrie is still crying about it. Now he says it was the crowd's fault it went like that. Said it reminded him of an MMA crowd instead of baseball. I will take that as a compliment. I personally like the attitude, aside from Herrara's pointing at his head, I have no problem with any of it. Some seem to be tired of the Royals act. Rex Hudler is right, nobody even talks about a loser. As long as they keep winning people can cry all they want.

Lawrie is Canadian and not used to a rowdy crowd lol. He'll get used to it in the Coliseum.

28-14 best record in baseball. What's the A's record I can't seem to find it. :) Good riddance to clodd footed Butler. His replacement is leading league in doubles (15), rbi's ( 37) batting .305 and second in runs scored. Royals look pretty tough. Bullpen is better than last year, defense is better, offense leads majors with a + 70 run differential.

Congrats on having a MLB team!!:( Just jealous of course!!! Go Royals!! Long road still to hoe, but Royals are showing it was not a fluke last year!!!:cheers:

KC fans are still bitter towards the Athletics, I get it.:cheers:

KC is showing that they were no fluke last year. Good for the Royals. They were a bottom feeders too long. But hey! What about those Twins?? They just moved into 2nd place today 3 games behind the Royals. Twinkies are an entirely different team this year. I think two guys have made a huge difference. Molitor and Hunter. Hope the Twins and Royals battle it out to the end.

can you say sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeep?

Yeah, they were fortunate to catch the Twins when they are in kind of a funk right now. Good thing for the Royals they didn't play the Twins 2-3 weeks ago when the Twins were flying high and the Royals were the ones having some issues winning games. It's not always the team you play but when you play them. Just the ebs and flows of the game. But the Twins better snap out of it soon as their next 3 series are against the Rangers, Cardinals and Cubs. Three teams that are riding high right now.

You will find out what kind of team you have now. I was concerned for the Royals and there offense. I don't know how much longer Infante can go at second. .212 with no power. he is even getting sketchy on defense. He sure was a dissapointment when he came over from the Tigers. It is tough to watch him at the plate.

Twins are kind of having the same issue at shortstop. I'm sure there will be lots of ups and downs before the end of the season for both teams. It would be nice if both the Royals and the Twins could stay in the hunt all season. The Royals probably will, I'm not so confident about the Twins. They still have a few holes to fill. But I think between Molitor and Hunter they have turned the program around.

The royals defense was really special during the three games. I do think that has an effect on a team that is struggling to score. Gordon's catch on Hunter in the first game, and Escobar on many plays at short. He is turning several gems a week at short. He is the best defensive shortstop in baseball, I don't think he is a good leadoff hitter.

How about them royal's? This will be a big series this weekend with the twinkies. I really don't know how we are doing it with this pitching staff.

How about them royal's? This will be a big series this weekend with the twinkies. I really don't know how we are doing it with this pitching staff.

Don't sweat the Twinkies. After a stellar May (20-7) they have really stunk it up in June. They have gotten decent starting pitching (except for tonight with Pelfrey giving up 8 runs in 2 innings) but the bullpen has been terrible and the Twins hitting and run production has also been terrible. Look for them to be below .500 very shortly.

Each team will have their cold and hot streaks.
But the Royals have been winning with several of their better players and pitches out. They may be headed deep into the post season again.

Royals must be stacking the deck on the All Star voting. In particular Omar Infante at 2nd base. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player but his stats pale in comparison to Brian Dozier of the Twins. Dozier leads all 2nd basemen in the AL in Runs, Homeruns, RBI's, Slugging Pct. and Fielding. He's 2nd in Double and Triples. And Dozier isn't even in the top 5 in the voting. That's just not right. Infante is leading the voting and he isn't near the top in any offensive or defensive category.

Somehow, the method of selecting the players for the All Star game has to change.

Royals must be stacking the deck on the All Star voting. In particular Omar Infante at 2nd base. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player but his stats pale in comparison to Brian Dozier of the Twins. Dozier leads all 2nd basemen in the AL in Runs, Homeruns, RBI's, Slugging Pct. and Fielding. He's 2nd in Double and Triples. And Dozier isn't even in the top 5 in the voting. That's just not right. Infante is leading the voting and he isn't near the top in any offensive or defensive category.

Somehow, the method of selecting the players for the All Star game has to change.

I am a Royals fan, and I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Omar Outfante is going to start the All-star game. I do not even think he should be an all star let alone start.

Moose won the vote and Dozier got screwed. If you look at all the hitting stats Dozier clearly deserved to be in the All Star Game over Moose. Not even close. The only stat in Moose's favor was Average. Plus Dozier has a much superior fielding percentage. Maybe next year.

Back