Royals.....Whipping boys no more

The problem of fan voting!! Fans choose who they want to see and that individual may not be the best player at his position in the given year...Sucks if you have a bonus in your contract if you make the All Star team and you lead the statistics in a couple categories and don't get in. I like seeing new players that you don't get to see because they are not in a big market and on t.v. every game...

Moose won the vote and Dozier got screwed. If you look at all the hitting stats Dozier clearly deserved to be in the All Star Game over Moose. Not even close. The only stat in Moose's favor was Average. Plus Dozier has a much superior fielding percentage. Maybe next year.

I agree offensively Dozier should go. Defensively Moose is better. Fielding percentage does not give an accurate picture of a defensive third baseman. Sure Moose makes a few errors, in fact according to that he is probably the 6th or 7th best in the American League. But man he makes a bunch of plays that otherwise would be hits. I do watch too much baseball but him, along with Escobar at short, make a bunch of plays many others don't.

I agree offensively Dozier should go. Defensively Moose is better. Fielding percentage does not give an accurate picture of a defensive third baseman. Sure Moose makes a few errors, in fact according to that he is probably the 6th or 7th best in the American League. But man he makes a bunch of plays that otherwise would be hits. I do watch too much baseball but him, along with Escobar at short, make a bunch of plays many others don't.

You probably don't see many, if any, Twins games. Dozier over the past few years has made some phenomenal plays at 2nd base. Second to none. I agree it's tough to compare a 2nd baseman and a 3rd baseman defensively. Probably not much difference between the two. But as we both agree, Dozier's offensive production is far superior to Moose.

Moose won the vote and Dozier got screwed. If you look at all the hitting stats Dozier clearly deserved to be in the All Star Game over Moose. Not even close. The only stat in Moose's favor was Average. Plus Dozier has a much superior fielding percentage. Maybe next year.

Back in the olden days (ok not really that long ago) it was really easy to hate the other guys especially in your division. You only saw them play when they played your team and you never heard them interviewed or really knew anything about them personally. Now, no matter where you live, you hear interviews, and read stories, and watch guys no matter where they play.

Wednesday Dozier was on Baseball tonight podcast with Buster Olney. After hearing him interviewed I really like the guy. He's the kind of guy every fan would want to have on their team. Humble yet confident, takes the game and preparation really seriously, and by all accounts a great clubhouse guy.

I am a fan of the Royals, and I voted for Moose. But I think Dozier deserves to be an all star.

All that said, if your a Twinkies fan, and your mad that Dozier isn't an all star... The only people you have to blame are yourself and all your Twin fan buddies who didn't vote. Heck You even have an extra 1 million folks living in your Metro area to vote your guy in.

And what did Dozier do last night? He only hit his second walk-off homer of the week. A 3 run blast to cap a 7 run ninth inning for the Twins and beat the Tigers 8-6.

I agree, more should have voted. I sure did. But to some degree, the system is flawed when a guy like Dozier is having a MVP kind of year and he's not on the All Star team. You can also blame Yost for not selecting him. It should never have come down to a final vote.

All that said, if your a Twinkies fan, and your mad that Dozier isn't an all star... The only people you have to blame are yourself and all your Twin fan buddies who didn't vote. Heck You even have an extra 1 million folks living in your Metro area to vote your guy in.

The All Star selection is not suppose to be a popularity contest like it's turned into. I think in years past when the players were making the selections they did a better job of putting the players that truly deserved it on the All Star Team. Oh well, time for me to get off my "high horse" and shut up. :)

I think its pretty amazing what the Royals fans did in the voting.
Moose is a very popular player for the Royals and there was a push to get him in. They got it done.

There are good player that don't get in every season..... but this is the year of the Royals, and their fans. :cheers:

Cueto on the move to KC? Nice pick up.

I think its pretty amazing what the Royals fans did in the voting.
Moose is a very popular player for the Royals and there was a push to get him in. They got it done.

There are good player that don't get in every season..... but this is the year of the Royals, and their fans. :cheers:

All it really showed is that they don't have a clue.

First Cueto now Zobi Zobe, what's going on in KC?

My boys have been floundering some as of late. They did manage to clinch last night. It was nice to see some of that energy and excitement with them again last night. With the exception of Toronto, our offense when on is as good as any. They put a ton of pressure on a team when the play like they did last night. I am glad they finally shut Holland down. It was obvious something was wrong, I think they waited about two months to long. You don't " work through" an elbow that needs Tommy John surgery.

Back