Royals.....Whipping boys no more

Well once again the Royals are atop of the division. They are playing some good ball lately. Three all stars out and laying a 10 spot on the Ray's. Once again they defy the odds. They brought three rookies up the last couple weeks and they are all hitting the cover off the ball. Too bad about Moustakas he will be missed at the plate.

They seem to be able to bring up some pretty solid young players.

That is a reflection on their Minor league system and the folks drafting the correct players..They do a better job at it then most! Impressed as well with the new crop!!:thumbsup:

What's the deal with Ventura? Machado landed a good one on him.

What's the deal with Ventura? Machado landed a good one on him.

Need a bit of hockey on occassion!!! I wouldn't want a 99mph heater thrown at me either. It happens all the time, but I wonder if the pitchers got to hit like in the NL would it be less prevelant?

It definitely would be. Ventura seems to get into it more than most, Salvy must not mind wearing a few for him.

Wow if only the Royal's could play the Twins everyday. Outscored 25-6 in a 4 game series. We are 8 games out of 1st and 4 games out in the wild card with an easy finish to the season. It is a long shot, but with Duffy, Ventura and Kennedy pitching they would be tough in a series. Only hope July didn't do us in.

Last edited:
David0311

Wow if only the Royal's could play the Twins everyday. Outscored 25-6 in a 4 game series. We are 8 games out of 1st and 4 games out in the wild card with an easy finish to the season. It is a long shot, but with Duffy, Ventura and Kennedy pitching they would be tough in a series. Only hope July didn't do us in.

Feel our pain in MN.

This year they coundn't beat THE LITTLE SISTER'S OF THE POOR :rolleyes::eek:

On a side note last year was at 'their spring training camp-( about 15 miles from my AZ. house)

Had my 2 year old and 5 year old grandson--As they broke to go to a different field. Mike Moustakas grabbed several balls and threw them over to us--one is now under. Plastic with date and that they were with grandpa when we got the ball--

Thought that was nice of him and made me a fan:cheers:

When I think of poor play, I think back to Bill Self's comment about the Jayhawk basketball poor play----

"It was the worst team that Kansas ever put on the floor, since Dr. Naismith was there,?? Self said after that 62-55 upset. I think he had some bad teams when he lost to Topeka YMCA and things like that in the first couple years. But for the first half there hasn?t been a team play worse than that offensively."

That is a reflection on their Minor league system and the folks drafting the correct players..They do a better job at it then most! Impressed as well with the new crop!!:thumbsup:

Cardinals, Royals, Braves in that order have the best farm systems. And have for quite some time. It does show. THough some of the gold glovers and cy young winners come from other teams. Most of the greats started out in one of those 3 team's farm systems. They dont just pick celebrity coaches for the minor league teams, they actually pick the ones that are going to improve things. And work with the young players.

Cardinals, Royals, Braves in that order have the best farm systems. And have for quite some time. It does show. THough some of the gold glovers and cy young winners come from other teams. Most of the greats started out in one of those 3 team's farm systems. They dont just pick celebrity coaches for the minor league teams, they actually pick the ones that are going to improve things. And work with the young players.

The Braves sure haven't shown much recently. Twins use to have a good farm system, been down the past few years but looking better.

That's because the braves and the royals dont have the money. They lose their young good prospects after a year or two to the highest bidder. The cardinals retain theirs. Lets hope the royals can hang onto Larenzo Cain, hosmer, and some of the other young ones.

How about those A's huh?:cheers:

I want to thank KC for Sean Manaea, he looks like he's going to be a pretty reliable starter.:thumbsup:

A rental player for a top pitching prospect in a year where we had no chance? No problem.

Back