Royals.....Whipping boys no more

Wow one more game and we are off to the world series. I was on an Orioles fan site and all they could do was trash the Royals and their fans. Said the Orange horde was going to descend on Royals stadium. I don't know about you but I saw like ten orange jersey's, they stuck out among all that BLUE. As far as the fans go, nothing could be more obnoxious than that stupid 7th nation army chant they sing. Glad the cheaters are about gone.

Last edited:
I have tickets for tomorrows game, but I hope I don't need them. If they finish it off tonight, I think I'll head west and chase some ducks, would be a good way to celebrate the Royals in the Series. :cheers:

They kept showing 2 Orioles fans with their sad faces on the big screen:D

They're in trouble and they know it. I'd never say anything is "in the bag" in the game of baseball, but the energy this KC team has is incredible.

These boys might get 100 wins after all. If that happens, I'm makin' one last baby:D

Did you guys see Guthrie's "These O's ain't Royal" shirt during the post game? Lol! Those guys got the magic right now.

Back to Back Sweeps :eek:

They have a crazy win in the Wildcard game, and now they are playing confident and great.

Unbelievable. It is weird how things come together. I think I have been in shock since the wild card game. They seem to be playing with no pressure. You could see how the royals aggressive defense choked the will out of the orioles. I do think we will have a tougher time with whomever comes out of the national league. The Angels, A's and Orioles were mashers. Make some plays and it seemed to crush their confidence, the Giants and Cards will be a little tougher to fold.

Congrats to the Royals! Glad to see it after that franchise has been down for so long. Kind of reminds me of the '87 Twins. They went from Worst to First and won the World Series.

Please, please, please win tonight KC. All these bandwagon gnats fans in the valley will be unbearable if you don't.

Tom,

My boys and I are excited with what we see this season. It certainly looks like the best hitting and pitching Royals team in some time. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform on this next road stretch. Time to plan a few trips to the K! My wife's been bustin' my stuff with comments like, "You sound like a Chiefs fan now....wait till the end of season, blah, blah, blah" She doesn't understand that there is actually enough talent there this year to get something done;)

100 wins almost sounded silly 18 months ago...if my math is correct (89+11=100), then they hit 100 wins last night!

Maybe to soon, but Congrats to the Royals on such a great season. Really enjoyed the game last night minus the end. Both teams had some good defensive plays. I kinda knew ol Bumgarner was not going to give Perez anything in the strike zone as Perez is a free swinger. I don't think one was in the zone. I thought maybe pinch hit for him, but Perez has had a good series hitting over 300. Tough call either way and I don't know who they would of had hit anyway.... Wish they could of pulled it off none the less....:cheers:

You know I woke up pretty disappointed this morning. I have been the first one to ream yost, I still think his in game management is pretty suspect, but man his press conference today nearly had me in tears. The caring and respect he has for his players is heartwarming in this era of big salaries and egos. He really cares about these guy's a bunch. This series was lost in game four. With the royals up 2-1 in the series, and 4-1 in the game, he needed to figure out a way for us to win. I would have pitched HDH until their arms fell off, knowing with bummy in game 5, and the travel day, they could have rested two day's and only needed one of two at home. Oh well, nobody asked my opinion. I am ready for KU basketball anyway.

Speaking of KU basketball-- how do you think they will do this year?

Speaking of KU basketball-- how do you think they will do this year?

Ku will always be strong as long as Self is here. I think last year the Wiggins crap hurt the team. Self does better with decent talent he can coach up over superstars. He has a couple good players coming in, and I think the guard play will be upgraded with the kid from Houston. Are you a fan? We hunt with a farmer in Draper who is into them pretty good. My son goes to KU and we live like 30 minutes away.

The A's have signed Billy "country breakfast" Butler to a 3yr, 30mil contract. I like it, I hope Beane isn't done though, sign Yosmani Tomas and Asdruble Cabrera!

The A's have signed Billy "country breakfast" Butler to a 3yr, 30mil contract. I like it, I hope Beane isn't done though, sign Yosmani Tomas and Asdruble Cabrera!

That is a lot of cash for a ground ball hitting fat guy that can't run. I don't get it. There are only 21 major league players that hit the ball on the ground more than Billy the last 3 years. That is not a recipe for success when you run like he does. Good guy, but I think they overpaid for him.

Maybe they did but you have remember the type of ball the A's play. They're going to bat him in the 3 hole with two high obp, fast guys ahead of him and two sluggers (Donaldson and Moss) behind him. His high average and obp will fit right in, maybe he'll drive Coco in and be on base waiting on the long ball to score.

Back