Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Bear the Poining Lab

Here is video of my pointing lab, Bear, doing what he loves to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8ocsPNKts

Before we start going down the path of what breed is better than another, that is NOT what this video is meant to evoke... to be clear, I have hunted with GSPs, setters, brittanies, springers, flushing labs and pointing labs and I love them all for their strengths... this is not meant to be some advocacy for pointing labs (although it may sound like it).. it is just a video we made for fun about, Bear, who just happens to be a pointing lab.

... and, yes, some labs do have natural pointing instincts (it is not a learned behavior)... and, yes, those labs also still retrieve too!

Here is video of my pointing lab, Bear, doing what he loves to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8ocsPNKts

Before we start going down the path of what breed is better than another, that is NOT what this video is meant to evoke... to be clear, I have hunted with GSPs, setters, brittanies, springers, flushing labs and pointing labs and I love them all for their strengths... this is not meant to be some advocacy for pointing labs (although it may sound like it).. it is just a video we made for fun about, Bear, who just happens to be a pointing lab.

... and, yes, some labs do have natural pointing instincts (it is not a learned behavior)... and, yes, those labs also still retrieve too!

2nd the Great video....2nd what you've said here AND CONGRATS to you & Bear for the titles!

Ernie, my 10 month old setter pointing a quail. Is there any way to make his tail more vertical? Will that come with time?

I would think it would improve with age and as his intensity grows. Although some dogs just don't have high tails. Any idea how the parents carry their tails when on point? that might be a good indicator.

I would think it would improve with age and as his intensity grows.

You can move the tail also. Pet from the hind end up to the end of the tail and put the tail where you want it. stay calm move slow and after awhile when she points she will know you want a high tail.

That dog has alot of tail to grow into also. But a fine looking pup. Will she make it to the UPH gettogether?

You can move the tail also. Pet from the hind end up to the end of the tail and put the tail where you want it. stay calm move slow and after awhile when she points she will know you want a high tail.

That dog has alot of tail to grow into also. But a fine looking pup. Will she make it to the UPH gettogether?

I have been pulling his tail up when he points, it just doesn't stay. I will bring him to the get together if I make it. We have a baby due April 7th, so it is day by day.

I would agree with Zeb then as his intensity grows the tail should stiffen up.
Sorry about calling Ernie a girl.:(
Congrates to you and your wife :cheers:.

I would think it would improve with age and as his intensity grows.

Here is the Male I will be Keeping from Bleu's Litter!! He is 5 weeks old in the picture!!

IMG_4751.jpg

Got to love pups! Looks like a keeper Bleu.:10sign: He looks like he is sizing up a cat.:cheers:

Thank goodness no cats around here!!!! It was a hard choice between 3 of the males. He is real smart and is coming along great for a young pup. This is going to be a fun summer and can't wait to see him work!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

The couple I have left will be dandy dogs. I had to steal that word from Onpoint!!!!!LOL Most people choose a certain color or are attracted to one without seeing them as I do everyday. The color doesn't make the dog, the dog makes the color.

The color doesn't make the dog, the dog makes the color.

You are right but you picked a pretty puppy:thumbsup: Looks like he has a blanket over the top of him

What did the girls name him?

You are right but you picked a pretty puppy:thumbsup: Looks like he has a blanket over the top of him

What did the girls name him?

I named him Outlaw's Lone Wati Bijou call name Chief.

I did pick a darn nice looking one, My next choice was #5 the one with the solid leg on one side and ticked on the other, Half a white nose!!! Ugly dog, but I thought he was goodlooking and he was showing a lot of good signs as well!!!:cheers:

Back