Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Very nice!!!!!! Zeb you got a good looking dog!!!! Is she in the Motherly way???

Very nice!!!!!! Zeb you got a good looking dog!!!! Is she in the Motherly way???

Thanks, Bleu. She has been spayed. Even though she has a heck of a pedigree, with many FC's and NFC's, I'm a firm believer in leaving the breeding up to the professionals. Sorry!

The camara phone is the best thing ever made.

Good looking dog Zeb

My Llewellin Setters (Apache & Shawnee)

picture.php

Last weeks hunt, Ohio pheasants

picture.php

Training on quail

picture.php

Apache pointing a woodcock

picture.php

After the Ohio Youth Hunt Opener (all 3 boys got their first birds)

Lil Gus made it to Kansas right after Thanksgiving and had a ball. He pretty quick figured out a few of them ol phez tricks. Course, like me he still has a lot to learn!
393836050.jpg

Back home a couple of weeks ago and he got his first honest to goodness duck retrieve. Worked like a champ.
394017116.jpg

This morning he got to pick up a limit......and I forgot the camera!

BobM

Gus will be 10 months old this month. He is coming along well I think for his age.

This is my first Springer, so it's all new to me also!

BobM

Thanks. Tough, tough day, but it was time ... she went down hill rather fast (heart issues) and it was the right thing to do.

Having other dogs does not lessen the pain, but it will speed the recovery.

britts3.jpg

My youngest Britt has not left my side today.

BRITTMAN, I know your pain all to well. I had to put my best hunting dog down a couple years also at 13 years of age. He was also a Brittany and his name was Rocky. I cried for over a week every time I thought about him. And for a long time I would get all teared up any time someone would mention his name. Time will heal, but I know it's tough right now. Maybe this poem will help.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful bird dog. You will always have those fond memories and I believe that our gracious God will reunite us with our dogs just like that beautiful poem says.

Sorry for loss, Our time with our friends is always too short. I've been where you are now, just try to cherish the memories.

My English Setter

Evans Tekoa Sunrise, "Sam" 7 rs old.

Last edited:
Back