What shotguns are you hunting with?

Cheap-"O" tri-star 28ga. o/u for chukar, huns, forest grouse and sharp-tail, browning gold-hunter 12ga. for pheasants, sage grouse and waterfowl and a miroku 20ga o/u for field trials.

This year I will be carrying the following among others.
CZ Wingshooter 12 ga.
CZ Ringneck 28 ga.
CZ Canvasback Gold 20 ga.

Kick'em Up!

Many different guns over the days. Started with an old mossberg pump. Shot that thing till the action opens up every time I pull the trigger. Tried many Stoeger O/U's with no luck getting them to shoot consistently. Now I shoot a Beretta O/U love the gun! Shoot it for sporting clays and most upland work. I have an 1187 for ducks and geese. Just bought a Citori white lightning O/U 16 gauge that I am really liking a lot. This is the go to gun when I am at the game farms.

Just bought a Citori white lightning O/U 16 gauge that I am really liking a lot. This is the go to gun when I am at the game farms.

I've had a 16 ga. White Lightning for probably 7-8 years and I really like it. Mine has 26" tubes. I use it mainly for my NSTRA field trials but it takes a few pheasants down every year too. Hope to try it on some Ruff Grouse this fall.

bird gun

just had my bubble popped. had planned on using my 4/53 aya 28 ga. but over the past 11 mo. I have had two of them and 5 repairs on the guns just about everything was wrong with them. really troubling, so for me it is back to my bobwhite 28 ga., beretta silver pigeon, 28 ga. and maybe bring out one of a couple of my lc smiths in 20 ga.. love the side by sides double triggers

cheers

Benelli Montefeltro Silver 20 gauge: cyl for quail and imp cyl or mod for pheasants.

Just purchased a nice Franchi Veloce SP 20 gauge for the wife......can't wait to borrow it this fall:)

Still searching for a nice 20 ga sxs.....26" barrels:confused:

RP

I love my auto loaders

Bird guns for me include a Benelli Sport II, a Beretta 391 both 12ga. and a Remington 1100 & Model 58 in 16ga. and a Beretta 391 20ga. I like them all. The Benelli is my go to gun for anything, the rest fill in the gaps or give me more variety. I do have a Marlin Model 90 16ga that mostly hides in my gun safe.

I like using Citori in 12 & 20 ga. I will also break out the old Sweet 16 and my Browning BSS. But my Fav is my old junky 1936 Model 12 Winchester with a 25 inch barrel.:thumbsup::cheers:

Winchester Model 23 Light Duck - 20ga

Ruger Red Label O/U - 12 ga

Benilli Nova - 12 ga

Browning BPS Upland 16ga,Beretta 303 20ga, and Winchester SX3 12ga.
I should take my M12 12ga out for a short hunt on my dad's farm this fall.
It has been many years since I have hunted pheasant with the M12.

I recently got a CZ Ringneck English Stock 20 Ga/26" bbls and I'm looking forward to some Grouse hunting with it soon.

fkmb5yXl.jpg

Last edited:
Back