Royals almost don't suck again

no you are right they didn't suck today. One good outing will not make me a hoechaver fan. He should be consistent by now, he has been up in the majors long enough. He has a good arm, but he tries to overpower hitters too much. That only works consistently, if you have exceptional stuff which he doesn't. I am concerned about Francouer. He is not playing well, I wonder if last year was a fluke, it sure was way above his career average. Thirty some games in and he has 0 homers and hitting .235, that's not going to cut it.

I don't think you will see Francouer and Hosmer hit this poorly all year.
They are not headed to the World Series, but they are getting better.

This was a good win. Francoeur finally went deep. Couple more wins and I may have to change the name of the thread. Little concerned about duffy.

Guess Duffy is likely out of the season. Thats a bad loss.

Indeed - terrible loss for the season. But, we're beating the Rangers as we speak with one out to go! :cheers:

Edit: Royals win! I believe the announcers stated it's the lowest scoring game since game five for the Rangers.

Last edited:
Lookin' forward to watching them with my boys Wednesday night as they take the field against the Orioles. It would be great if we could see the home team winning one this time:)

Well they have done it again. As many times as I have sworn them off, I am starting to buy in again. The hitting is coming around, awesome defense and the bullpen is stellar. The bullpen struck out five of the last nine batters faced tonight. Collins, who is as nasty as they get when throwing strikes, struck out the side in the seventh. Royals take two from Texas and are now five games under .500 at 15-20. If they can get anything for starting pitching.................... Too bad about duffy.

That was a great pair of wins in Texas. If Hosmer can get going at the plate, and the starting pitching could get just a little better ........ :thumbsup:

Watch out for the Deadfall!!!!! Don't drink the Kool-Aid!!!!!

Another quality start by hoechaver. Let me see 6 earned in 5 1/3 innings against an A's team who's batting average was .173 in the last 15 games. I think I have just figured out a good job for him. He could be a slump-buster. Just hire him to pitch to your team when they start to suck, and voila everything is fixed. Send him away he sucks.

I have read through this entire thread and keep thinking: ``These guys could change the names and be talking about my beloved Twins.'' Poor, hapless ba$t@rds. I think you KS fellas are right, though. I think if the management doesn't raid the pantry with a fire sale, you have some very good talent coming up.

Chin up, guys. Now might not be your time but I look forward to seeing Royal blue back in the mix in the next few years. And who knows, maybe you can get Hawk Harrelson to call your games after he's fired in Chicago.

Say it with me: ``You can putitontheboaaaard, YES!'' :rolleyes:

This is the soft spot in the Twins schedule so if they are going to put together a winning streak now is the time. They just won in KC, 10-7. So they have won 6 of the last 7.

An observation lately and you don't have to be a clairvoyant to see it.

Twins get good starting pitching and the bats come alive.

Twins get bad starting pitching, the bats are silent or at the very least inconsequential.

An observation lately and you don't have to be a clairvoyant to see it.

Twins get good starting pitching and the bats come alive.

Twins get bad starting pitching, the bats are silent or at the very least inconsequential.

Except tonight. Lariano in pitching very good and the Twins can't score against a guy that throws 80 mph fastballs.

Except tonight. Lariano in pitching very good and the Twins can't score against a guy that throws 80 mph fastballs.

Yea chen is a freakin monster. There is no reason he shouldn't get the snot knocked out of him every time out. But he boringly has quality start after quality start. Twins will have a hard with paulino tomorrow.

Yea chen is a freakin monster. There is no reason he shouldn't get the snot knocked out of him every time out. But he boringly has quality start after quality start. Twins will have a hard with paulino tomorrow.

Twins knocked Paulino out in the first inning! Literally. First batter smokes one off his leg and he pulls a grion muscle going after the ball. Guess that's one way to get a pitcher out of the game. :)

Back