Royals almost don't suck again

Tonight is a classic case of how the Royals keep loosing.
They are failing to do the little things that get you runs. Fail to get a bunt down, runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs multiple times and don't score (stike-outs and infield pop-ups). Those are player issues.

That isn't the managers fault, its young players that are going through growing pains.

I feel just the oppisite. When a team lacks fundamental execution it is the managers fault. For what ever reason they are not executing. I don't think that is age. I have 14yr olds on our team that can lay down a bunt or move a runner over. I think it has more to do with players not feeling that consistency needed to suceed. If his lineup is this manic, what other things does this come out in? I am just feeling he has nearly lost this team. Even with our injuries we should not be this bad. Oh in case your scoring at home, they lost again last night. That is ten in a row at home. They won't be back until may 3rd.

True, but it doesn't help that he has a different lead off hitter every game! There are times I think he is managing a little league team and feels like he needs to get everyone their 2 innings or else their mom will be mad!

Rut

I don't think the he really has a true lead off hitter on the team. The problem is mental at this point IMO. How many guys have us seen pull the ball on the outside part of the plate and hit a two hopper to an infielder. That is trying to do too much at the plate.

I see pitcher under pressure trying to throw too hard looking for the K, and giving up a big hit on a pitch that is up.

I feel just the oppisite. When a team lacks fundamental execution it is the managers fault. For what ever reason they are not executing. I don't think that is age. I have 14yr olds on our team that can lay down a bunt or move a runner over. I think it has more to do with players not feeling that consistency needed to suceed. If his lineup is this manic, what other things does this come out in? I am just feeling he has nearly lost this team. Even with our injuries we should not be this bad. Oh in case your scoring at home, they lost again last night. That is ten in a row at home. They won't be back until may 3rd.

All this team needs is a little success. It will come and they will be competitive most nights.

But I think it was stupid to start the "This is our time" add campaign, they are too young and inexperienced to expect a lot from them early this season. Maybe next season this group will be ready for something like that.

I agree the ad campaign was a bad idea. I am starting to get a little embarrassed for them. Imagine all the glamour that comes with the all-star game and this team could easily be 30-50 or so. That would be a train wreck, and the way things are going it could be worse. I was really hoping that they could be close to .500 at the all star break. As i write this i'm watching another loss brewing.

Did you see that game tonight? Are you kidding me!?! A shot down the line in the 8th that gets stuck in the right field corner with guys on first and second, down by 3 and they only score 1??? The right fielder didn't even have the ball yet and they stop the runner at third? POOR COACHING!!!!

Rut

Well its only the 5th inning tonight, but they are scoring some runs early.
We will see if they can put this one in the W column.

Thats one in a row :thumbsup:

I makes a big difference when the top of the order is hitting the ball a little. Hope that continues.

It should be an interesting series this weekend in Minnesota. Another win today by the Royals and their record will be the same as the Twins headed into the series. The two worst teams in the AL going head to head. WOW! Going to be another long year for both of these franchises. The Twins did absolutely nothing in the off season to help their pitching. In fact all the moves they made (or didn't make) only made it worse. No starting pitching and a weak bull pen won't get the job done. Mauer can hit .400 and Morneau can hit 60 dingers and they still won't win. Time for the GM and coaching staff to go!!! :mad:

Wow two in a row! We really need to go into Minnesota and sweep a team that is down. It looks like a little pop is returning to the bats. I am really impressed with the play of Hosmer and Moustakas. We should have solid corners for many years. Old country breakfast is going deep with a little more regularity. Three more wind and maybe we can change the name on the thread.

They had to work to loose that many games in a row. The didn't play bad most of those games, just bad enough at the wrong time to loose.

They are going to be a much better team at the end of the year as long as there are not too many injures.

It should be an interesting series this weekend in Minnesota. Another win today by the Royals and their record will be the same as the Twins headed into the series. The two worst teams in the AL going head to head. WOW! Going to be another long year for both of these franchises. The Twins did absolutely nothing in the off season to help their pitching. In fact all the moves they made (or didn't make) only made it worse. No starting pitching and a weak bull pen won't get the job done. Mauer can hit .400 and Morneau can hit 60 dingers and they still won't win. Time for the GM and coaching staff to go!!! :mad:

Actually Zeb, Terry Ryan is back this year as interim GM. Ryan is a quality GM but his hands are tied in many respects if the Pohlad's continue to ignore the fact that they needed to seek out a free agent starting pitcher or two this past off season. Their farm clubs are lacking severely with anyone who will be ready in the short term. I believe the twins salary payout last year was just over 100 million last year so they have spent some money, just not wisely. Last year with all of the injuries to key starters, I'll cut them some slack, but this year.... If things don't start to turn around this season something has to change in the coaching staff, whether that means manager, pitching coach or whatever....

Twins vs Royals, battle for the basement.. gotta love it.

Last edited:
I looked at the Major League standings and it's official. The Twins and the Royals are tied for the worst record in all of Major League Baseball. Should be an interesting weekend.

birdshooter, I just don't see things changing as we go through the season. They have no pitching. Currently their team batting average is 10th out of the 30 major league teams so I think they will score some runs but the team ERA ranks 29th at 5.76. I'm not so sure any of the starting pitchers could even make the starting rotation on most teams. And the bull pen is made up of a bunch of "no names". And to rely on "Fatty" Capps as the closer is a joke. He gives up runs almost every time out. Going to be a long season. Gardy and Anderson will be looking for new jobs.

The only bright spot (if you even want to call it that) when it comes to consistent hitting seems to be Willingham. When your starting pitchers have a hard time making it to the 5th inning and many times 3 innings, you know your in for a long game. :eek:

Royals lose 9-3. Another fine effort, now back to two losses in a row. We are not even close to Tigers. Baseball is getting hard for me to watch. Like many others I played as a kid with aspirations of being a pro. Played through high school and JOCO, knowing I would never make it. I have been a fan of the game forever.They really need to adopt a football-like model. Until the field is evened for small market teams, like KC and Minnesota, there is not much hope. Even when Minnesota was good, you knew their window was small. Teams like Texas, New York, Boston when their window closes they just buy another window. It is discouraging but I will listen to the game today against Detroit again hoping our " less than stellar" talent can somehow outlast a 150m payroll.

I feel your pain Carp. But whatcha gona do? All you can do is watch and have a good laugh and maybe when 10K OR less are only showing up at the bran new Target field, the team's ownership may have a wake up call....

That was a good win today. The Tigers are a decent team and had a good pitcher on the mound today.

Now lets get a win at home :rolleyes:

As I am sitting here watching Hoechaver pitching batting practice to the Yankees ( it is 7-1 in the third) a couple things are pissing me off.

#1 hoechaver needs to go. I read a stat this morning that his career ERA is 5.73. That is the eight worst ERA of a pitcher with 100 starts. You know why that is? Because when you are that bad you don't make it in the majors. He SUCKS send him away.

# 2 I hate the PHUCKING Yankees and all of their freakin band wagon fans. I went to a Yankees/Royals game last year and there were more Yankees hats there than Royals. C'mon really? Most of these people just like them cause they win.

#3 I am tired of all these " It is our time commercials" at least they are only showing the old time Royals I think referring to the impending all-star game, and not our chances of making the playoffs.

#4 I hope they quit showing the one with Mike Sweeney. I know but Carptom he is a great guy, a church going, saved, family man. I know but I go to church on sunday to find God, I don't need it in my sports. Also his huge contract and lack of production, he spent more time on the DL then off of it, were a contributing factor to the Royals not wanting to spend money.

Anyway I am suffering through another year as a Royals fan. I do really like Duffy, I think he could be a stud. Paulino looked good last night. After that I think we are in trouble.

Carp, don't feel so bad. Your Royals are 2 games ahead of the worthless Twins. Shutout with only 1 hit again last night. If it hadn't been for the mental blunder of the Seattle relief pitcher on Friday night the Twins would not have won that game nor would they have scored any runs. Thus it's only because of that blunder that the Twins haven't been shut out in 4 straight games and have a scoreless innings streak of 37+ innings. So now they have officially only scored in 1 of the last 37 innings. They flat a$$ SUCKS!!! I've been watching the Twins since 1961 and this has to be the worst team they have ever fielded. Most of these starters wouldn't be playing AAA ball for other teams. And it's like they really don't care. Since you can't fire the whole team how about we start with the coaches??? NOW!

That was a solid win for the Royals tonight. Good pitching and plenty of hitting.
Tonight didn't suck :thumbsup:

Back