NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Trees and shrubs hurting and some dying.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Had a shower last night. Received 0.55" which is the largest rainfall I have gotten since the 0.30" on May 30th. I pray that it can get something going out here.

It looks like a friggin' desert out there Maynard. I sure hope you guys get some moisture... but there's another heat wave en route. :(

I'm hoping the pump is primed Maynard! We got .13 Sunday, but I don't think that will have any effect. Cattle started coming off last night. Supposed to be all off by the end of the month. I got a letter from the water office this weekend and was ordered to let all stream flow go to the Ninnescah river because it hadn't met minimum stream flow for 7 days straight. That would be the water that fills Kingman State Lake. I haven't been getting any water from that source due to lack of flow for over 5 weeks anyway. Maybe the question should be: is there any on the dipstick???

Prairie Drifter,

I feel for you. This drought is affecting all of us, in one way or another. I pray that it will end soon and your stream flows will come back and you can keep water in the lake.

did you say cooler weather coming- like anything under 100-
we had a bit of rain Sunday- you sure can't tell -
might see a bit of green here- I've yet to fire up the John Deer mower
miss that- last summer I'd be on it every Sunday with a cold one

where is that rain dance native who was said to be real good

We have only been real hot for the last couple of weeks, and lucky enough to get a little rain every week or so. Nothing like you guys are getting down there! Hope it turns for you guys soon.

Me too, thanks for your thoughts.

I hunted down in Dodge 2-3 years ago with my son. The CRP we hunted there was perfect, not too tall and not to thin. We were down there last summer for the legion state baseball championship and it was looking pretty dry then. I can only imagine what it is like now with almost no rain in a year.

You guys are long overdue!

I hunted down in Dodge 2-3 years ago with my son. The CRP we hunted there was perfect, not too tall and not to thin. We were down there last summer for the legion state baseball championship and it was looking pretty dry then. I can only imagine what it is like now with almost no rain in a year.

You guys are long overdue!

Your son still in Legion or moved on? Been a long long time since my boys were on the diamond.

Your son still in Legion or moved on? Been a long long time since my boys were on the diamond.

This was his last season :(

They just played their last games this weekend, Lost in the chanpionship game of zone, so we will not be going to state this time.

The boys won state last summer in Dodge City. They put on a nice tournament there last summer for state. There a lot of people coming out to watch the Dogde City team play, which is great to see a community support the locale legion team.

Really going to miss him playing baseball. Now I have to wait until I have a grandson, but that will be a ways off.

Without baseball, I am going to have to spend more time training dogs :D

This was his last season :(

They just played their last games this weekend, Lost in the chanpionship game of zone, so we will not be going to state this time.

The boys won state last summer in Dodge City. They put on a nice tournament there last summer for state. There a lot of people coming out to watch the Dogde City team play, which is great to see a community support the locale legion team.

That must've been a great experience! Give them boys hell about getting out there and making you a grampa:)

whoever is doing the rain dance thing- thank you- it's raining hard right now- seen more rain in the last 5 days than I've seen in the last 11 mo

Looks like a big swath of Kansas from NE to South Central in line for a huge storm tonight, 3-6 inches predicted. Unfortunately doesn't look like the SW will get any needed relief. Plenty of rain for the swollen Missouri river basin though! We need a pipeline to replenish the acquifer, and store water.

Keep dancin' Maynard, it's starting to work!!!! Slow movers, you might get it all at once!!

it's all good- we need more rain dancers

I had a rain dance type thing for white tails- haven't done so good dancing for rain

Back