NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Hope you guys are catching some of this in buckets and saving out west. So what are some of the totals this far? Is it actually making it to the ground or just passing over?

I am hoping we get some general rains tonight. There have been some really nice showers, but spotty. I won't know until hired hand tells me in the morning.

Here is a picture of better times, which was May 8th, 2009

DSCF6938.jpg

Here is the one from 16 Jul 2011

IMG_1016.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm, why am I thinking Kingsford?

Hope you pick up some of this rain. It looks like it's all around Dodge. I still am under the nuclear reactor with everything rotating around us. If you guys from "Boot Hill" would kick this high pressure in the arse, maybe we could get it across the Missouri.

Dang Maynard, what do we gotta do to get you a little rain down there??? :(

Showers passing through and passing by. Some are getting some rain out of the current and some like my area is not. It will come.

Don't know what this stuff is, but I like it!!! We got .49 last night! Hope there is more in store. What's your score ticket say Maynard?

Don't know what this stuff is, but I like it!!! We got .49 last night! Hope there is more in store. What's your score ticket say Maynard?

Good deal! Hope it keeps up for you.

Checked the radar and nothing for us in the 'black hole' or I guess you would call it the 'brown hole'. I am hopeful over the next few days to get a little liquid gold from heaven.

You releasing water from the lake?

No, we've had no inflow for over 6 weeks and the lake is already down about 2-3 feet. I don't have a gate valve on it, just stop logs. To release water would be to drain it. It's just a marsh with a dam around it anyway, the volume is minimal. I will be slogging in the mud tomorow planting Japanese millet on the mud flats. Everyone is invited. I'll gladly give up my hand crank seeder.

No, we've had no inflow for over 6 weeks and the lake is already down about 2-3 feet. I don't have a gate valve on it, just stop logs. To release water would be to drain it. It's just a marsh with a dam around it anyway, the volume is minimal. I will be slogging in the mud tomorow planting Japanese millet on the mud flats. Everyone is invited. I'll gladly give up my hand crank seeder.

Man, I wish I could be there, but I am supposed to have the well man out to sand bucket a well. Maybe next time.

If you were in Manhattan, I would be there with my boots on.:thumbsup:

Whew, that wasn't much fun! We finished the last of 8 marshes, completed 3 ponds and spent a good amount of time on the mud flats in the lake. We've put in over 300 pounds, about 30 acres. Hopefully, we get water enough to germinate and grow it then even more to flood it before the northern visitors return. Tough stuff in knee deep mud!!! I almost got a face plant out of the deal. Got a hand down, 3 point landing!

Whew, that wasn't much fun! We finished the last of 8 marshes, completed 3 ponds and spent a good amount of time on the mud flats in the lake. We've put in over 300 pounds, about 30 acres. Hopefully, we get water enough to germinate and grow it then even more to flood it before the northern visitors return. Tough stuff in knee deep mud!!! I almost got a face plant out of the deal. Got a hand down, 3 point landing!

you had to be dying in the heat, how many guys and how many hours did you invest?

The marshes were dry so we used the ATV broadcaster for that. That took parts of 3 days. Everything else was mud, rough, and hazard strewn. We spent 3 hours this morning with 3 guys to finish up.

Back