Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Max is my 2 year old pointing lab. He is a lean 70lb ball of muscle. Took him out to South Dakota and hunted him hard for 4 days and he never slowed down. He is a pointing and retrieving machine. My only complaint would be he is a lot more hard headed than my setters in the past have been. I have yet to lose a downed bird in the last 2 years though so i guess i can put up with that. We jumped the mallard in the picture off a pond in SD and barely winged it. It swam under a mound od mud and cattails. Went back and let the dogs out to retieve the ducks, wish i had a camera with me, he locked up and pointed the mallard from 15 ft away and held it until i released him. Not your typical water retrieve, but it worked
2.jpg

normal_11.jpg

normal_1.jpg

max.jpg

normal_untitled_2.jpg

71727_808086700780_16921532_45157355_4184787_n.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos everyone! Here's Dakota and Tucker... Tucker (the white pointer), is actually a good friend's dog, but the two always hunt together.

n17024101_37761103_6312.jpg

n17024101_33052084_9626.jpg

n17024101_33288044_5333.jpg

Both are Weims? Quite the contrast in color phases. I don't believe I've ever seen one as light before. Beautiful dogs !!

yeah birdshooter both are weimaraners. the dark is a blue but he has to be the darkest blue I have ever seen his mother was actually a long hair weim. The other may just look light in the picture he is a pretty standard silver/gray. Thanks for the compliment

A successful pheasant hunt along with a couple ducks from a mid november hunt with my 2 year old lab near Mitchell, SD.

I snapped a picture today with my cell phone of Elle on point. I walked up to her, took off my gloves, got the cell phone out, took the photo, put the cell phone away, put my gloves back on, readied my gun and flushed the bird. elle never moved a muscle the whole time. Gotta love it! A friend has a pheasant hunting operation on his fathers farm and I get to hunt it a few times a year. All wild birds. I would say that today we had to see several thousand birds. They do a great job of farming for wildlife with plenty of cover and food plots. It's just an unbelieveable sight when the sky is filled with pheasants. Elle must have pointed upwards of 50 pheasants today. Obviously most were hens but it's still fun to watch. Pretty easy to limit and couldhave probably shot 10 limits.

Dec2010.jpg
[/IMG]

Back