Gun Control

Why do you need more than 5?

Spring snow geese,coyotes,crows,multiple home invaders.

All shotgun uses that having more than 5 could come in handy.

Of course the law being discussed here will ban any shotgun capable of excepting an aftermarket tube extention which includes a lot of pumps and autos.

Last edited:
Why do you need more than 5?

For the reasons stated above & because the Second Amendment shall not be infringed. Law-abiding people with legal firearms are NOT the problem. An armed, honest person is a citizen; an unarmed one is a subject/defenseless victim.

bigblue

I dont recall anything in the 2nd amend about capacity? I guess you will have to reload fast, but at least you dont have to use a stick, cotton, and a lead ball like when the 2nd was written.

I don't agree with several things on both sides of the fence. NRA is too extreme as are those pushing the restrictions. I fight from both sides. I also just became a "Life Member" of the NRA. Common sense rules and regulations is where it's at IMO. I had to take a conceal carry class and pass a back ground check though the sheriff's office to carry my handgun. I had no issues doing so.

Did anyone read the article? I says 8 shotgun shells, thats a fair amount of lead I reckon. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't geese and crows protected under the migratory bird act and guns accepting more than 3 shells illegal for taking migratory birds?

Did anyone read the article? I says 8 shotgun shells, thats a fair amount of lead I reckon. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't geese and crows protected under the migratory bird act and guns accepting more than 3 shells illegal for taking migratory birds?

Yes, however spring snowgoose has no shell limit in some If not all states. Idk about crows. I never liked eating crow anyways.:D

Yes, however spring snowgoose has no shell limit in some If not all states. Idk about crows. I never liked eating crow anyways.:D

I see. The only migratory birds I hunt are doves so I wasn't sure.

The issue is any shotgun that's capable of being modified to hold 8 rounds.

So while you may think 8 rounds is a lot of lead so who cares but the truth is most any auto or pump would be illegal under this bill.

Amen FC and Wisturk, both spot on. Remember how it started, ban assault weapons? Now we talk in a thread about whether a birdgun will be illegal. How sad.

I get it, I was merely pointing out that the article said 8 not 5.

What is our next move???? Can't get the point across here!! Open for ideas and suggestions! Anyone? The fire is burning and the wind has picked up to a tremendous speed and we are standing there with a garden hose.

I dont recall anything in the 2nd amend about capacity? I guess you will have to reload fast, but at least you dont have to use a stick, cotton, and a lead ball like when the 2nd was written.

The intent was to keep the citizenry as well armed as the government. When the government goes back to flintlocks, I will too. This argument does not wash.

I don't agree with several things on both sides of the fence. NRA is too extreme as are those pushing the restrictions. I fight from both sides. I also just became a "Life Member" of the NRA. Common sense rules and regulations is where it's at IMO. I had to take a conceal carry class and pass a back ground check though the sheriff's office to carry my handgun. I had no issues doing so.

Do you live in South Dakota? No class required here.

Dam, and I've only got a two hole'r...........

Back