The quail hound lost his mind!

quail hound

This long tailed English dog followed me home today, what have I done?:eek: No name yet but she's got some spunk! I hope I can direct it towards birds.:cheers:

She is a looker.

How old is she? My new pup (my Indy was the sire) is about 4 1/2 months old.

You haven't lost your mind, you just now found it! It won't be the last one you will own. Once you've been bitten by the pointer bug.....All joking aside, enjoy your pup and keep us posted on how the setter/springer combo works out. Have been thinking about that myself.

Last edited:
About time!!! What a pretty girl. :10sign: If ya need to work her on pheasants I think there may be some around here. :thumbsup:

Now see what you've started! You should of kept this quiet or cut it's tall off or something! :( :D

About time!!! What a pretty girl. :10sign: If ya need to work her on pheasants I think there may be some around here. :thumbsup:

We look forward to it Jim!:cheers:

Just to ease everyone's mind I'm already looking for a springer to start next spring.:thumbsup:

We look forward to it Jim!:cheers:

Just to ease everyone's mind I'm already looking for a springer to start next spring.:thumbsup:

Thank you for the reassurance! :D

But I must confess, I have also been considering an English Setter to add to the pack. But not now, I have my second English Cocker Spaniel puppy to train. I don't ever want to be without a field bred Cocker/Springer either. Too many good dogs and not enough room for em all!

I'm sure glad Lady knows what she's doing! Makes it easy on me. What a great little pup she is, sweet as can be and mellow in the house and starting to get fired up in the field.

Setters are awesome. Most of them hit the ground pointing as pups, and they are special in the house and with kids.

You have a nice looking pup.

Setters are awesome. Most of them hit the ground pointing as pups, and they are special in the house and with kids.

You have a nice looking pup.

Thanks you, Troy actually found her for me.:cheers:

Back