your favorite pictures lets see em.

Do all our hunting in the great state of South Dakota!

Here's a picture of my oldest Lab "Husker" pointing.... Is it Oct. yet??? :thumbsup:

Hunting2008027-1.jpg

Great thread! Here are some of my favourites!
First rooster...
RubyFirstPheasant.jpg

Drrrrrrty
DirtyKentSmokerPB080054.jpg

Hopeless conditions...
SnowyRubyUplandDayPB250076.jpg

Mixed bag
Oct11mixedbagV.jpg

For ME????????
NSWildBounty.jpg

And my all time favourite... "connection"
ShowbirdDSC_0128.jpg

Cheers,
-Crockett

Outstanding pics guys

Thanks for keeping my ticker going. I can't wait until the season opens

Chuck

Talk about a mixed bag. The woodcocks are a nice addition. How often do you jump those in your hunting grounds?

I have a few special woodcock spots where we go, but it involved a lot of scratching my eyes out in the alders! lol!

I usually get a half-dozen a year opportunistically while hunting grouse - lots of fun to shoot, but I won't get fat in a hurry! lol!

-Croc

I loved this day in Nov 08 in ND

Can't see the Viz (Tess and Sadi) but they were in front and birds up....Got one!
Tess on point. I love to watch a dogs point!

Cody's final hunt

My 8yo and 1 1/2yo shorthairs hit the first walk-in area after entering So.dak in '06. Cody (8yo) dropped in the the middle of the field and passed away. After dropping his body off in Aberdeen to be cremated, Ben and I stopped at a walk-in about 30 minutes west. Ben pointed both the rooster and the sharpie. Was lucky enough to shoot throught the tears and this was the result.

gsp4life - Great photo.

onpoint - A few greenheads too.

cheesy - The dog on the far right in that photo is interested in something other than the photo.

DonC - Havin' fun.

kansasbrittany - Great tractor photo.

Crockett - No fair. Your a professional photographer!

Husker - Sweet photos. Nice labs.

BRITTMAN - That pheasant is staring at us.

UGUIDE - This is quite frankly one of my favorite hunting photos of all time Chris. Roy with a beer in his hand on top of a pile of wild pheasants. "Ol' Roy is always in the right spot"... says Clint as 200 phesants pile over him each push.

This is a favorite of mine. :)

"Kooly"
koolypickGIAFuge.jpg

Had a nice mixed bag day in North Dakota December 2008, myself, my 2 Labs, 2 Roosters, 2 Sharptails and 2 Huns.

Great thread! Hope they keep coming. My only request is that you yellow lab owners stop sending in pics since my wife is often over my shoulder. (This means you Crockett and Kwicklabs). We are curernlty discussing adding a new member to the family and I prefer a pointing dog. She grew up with yellow labs. We will see who who wins.

Being the helpful person I am, maybe this will be of some assistance. :thumbsup:

"all in one yellow package"
taffeywebpointBrBord.jpg

Kicklabs, Your'e not helping! I assume we will "compromise" and get the yellow lab. Probably start looking next spring. We're expecting our own "pup" in Dec.

I hope to have an upland experience like yours someday McTosh! I love mixed bag hunt here in KS, but I've yet to harvest 3 different species in a day. To everyone else, great pics throughout the thread! Thanks for sharing!!

Back