What?s your #1 Gear Upgrade After This Hunting Season?

Thanks guys! I am very excited for next Fall with this rig.

Can you fit two kennels in the truck with the rear seats up?

What size of dogs/kennels? I would guess two kennels would fit snugly in the back with the rear seats up. The size of kennels I have, I don't think you would have room for much else back there. I have the large, plastic travel type crates. I was just looking at that today because my dogs are notorious for jumping into the front seats when I leave them unattended in the vehicle. Trying to decide how to best barricade them in the back section, or if I should just use a crate.

For me the biggest upgrade is EVERYTHING, starting with Remi, our new Black Lab pup who is now 15 months old. In the past I have mainly been a deer hunter and fisherman with an occasional pheasant hunt, either walking with a group of guys or just myself.

Now that I have decided to devote most of my time to upland and Remi we have established a good amount of gear in short order...

1) Ruff Tough Intermediate Kennel with Mud River Kennel "bed"/cushion and locking gate add on and cheap kennel fan

2) Mud River Insulated Kennel Cover

3) Sport Dog 425 E-Collar (Not being used. Remi wears the collar for training and a little during the day to get used to it for the last couple weeks)

4) Mud River Trainers bag which is loaded with many of the basics including different dokkens fowl trainers (only using the quail one currently), retrieving dummies, whistle, check cord, leashes, wings, etc.

For the trainer/me: Many books and Dvd's that were purchased(I am using Dokkens program/material) and others that were given to me by a kind gentleman on here

Hoping to include a Stevens model 555, CZ, or comparable O/U

Thanks guys! I am very excited for next Fall with this rig.

What size of dogs/kennels? I would guess two kennels would fit snugly in the back with the rear seats up. The size of kennels I have, I don't think you would have room for much else back there. I have the large, plastic travel type crates. I was just looking at that today because my dogs are notorious for jumping into the front seats when I leave them unattended in the vehicle. Trying to decide how to best barricade them in the back section, or if I should just use a crate.

Toad,

Love that 4Runner! Sweet Ride. Keep your dogs in the crates. It will be safer for them, and will keep those new front seats clean...

Huntmore Vizslas

Toad,

Love that 4Runner! Sweet Ride. Keep your dogs in the crates. It will be safer for them, and will keep those new front seats clean...

Huntmore Vizslas

Thanks! That's the way I'm leaning for sure. Especially with all the hawking I'm doing now, it will be nice to have them crated while I'm tending to the bird.

I have two Ruff Tuff Intermediate kennels

Plenty of space. I just measured 44" between the wheel well indents and 36" from seat to hatch. The intermediates would fit easily, and if the stats on Cabelas website are accurate, you could even fit two large Ruff Toughs.

The hatch is wider above the wheel well indents, but 44" wide is the floor width.

Hoodie?

Just bought an LLBean merino wool hoodie. Yeah, it is almost summer, but this thing is really warm. Got a deal. It'll be nice for our winters up here in Meesheegun.
Damn thing is made in Cheye Knee.

This year is starting to add up! Took a new pup home in January, bought a Leer topper for the truck, 2 new Ruff Tough kennels, couple new bird launchers, a new to me Browning BBS 12ga, a Browning Citori 725 Field 20ga and the years only 1/2 over...

Need a couple new pair of boots, Beanes and back ups, and a new collar for the pup. Besides that I think I'm set.:cheers:

This year is starting to add up! Took a new pup home in January, bought a Leer topper for the truck, 2 new Ruff Tough kennels, couple new bird launchers, a new to me Browning BBS 12ga, a Browning Citori 725 Field 20ga and the years only 1/2 over...

You are devoted!!!:D

QH, I can never find my beenies, then I look in my strap vest and find 3!lol:cheers:

Did you mean a new to you Browning BSS?

Just ordered me new pair of Bean Boots. Wore them for many years however foot problems made me change. Feet seem ok now so going back to my old standbys. Hope they work like the old days.

The only picture we get is of the butt stock? ;) The grain is beautiful. Nice one!

There was 28 left in stores nation wide for the Sportsmans Warehouse clearance sale. I had them send me pics of the wood at each store, since I knew the look of the rest. This is the photo they sent :). I can not get photobucket to work to do any pics right now.:eek:

Garmin Alpha 100 collars with Fenix watch for me/dogs. Wing works vest for me, also order pair of Russell Moccasin boots for me. Ohh and Browning Sweet 16 for me....wow when you type it out like that it seems like I might have a problem, and my wife is a saint.

Back