Vikings News

FC, I don't think the Vikings will give up on AP that easy. He's too big a talent. Heck look at Vick! He made it back into the NFL. AP is likely to get a slap on the hands in Texas. Probably a fine, probation and some community service. I may be dumb, but I really expect to see him in a Viking's uniform this year. I believe that AP is really a fine person. He just got carried away with the switch.

Like you said, 50-60 years ago it wouldn't have been an issue. I remember getting the belt from my dad. I had it coming. It didn't scar me for life. I darn sure didn't do it again! :) And I always had the utmost respect for my father.

Yep, I got it a few times as well. I bet 90% of us did. Yes sir and no sir has gone out the window with the brats of today. Now they flip you off while texting, and driving new cars.:thumbsup:

I'm not so sure we haven't seen AP play his last game as a Viking. The backlash is already at a head. PR nightmare for the organization. I think he's done as a Viking and i dont think they have any choice other than to seperate themselves from him as the Ravens did with Rice. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what to think of the situation. I wonder if the Vikes hadn't had such a terrible game Sunday if they would have made the same decision? But I don't have a problem with allowing the legal system to work. Plus he's probably facing at least a 6 game suspension from the league.

Adrian says he's not a child abuser, yet the pictures sure tell a different story. It really bothers me that just because this is the way he was raised that he thinks this kind of behavior is alright. Child abusers are almost always abused themselves as a child. Maybe 30-40 years ago this kind of behavior was more excepted, but in today's day and age this is not acceptable. He can't seem to grasp why people are so outraged at how he raises and disciplines his children?? :rolleyes:

The league needs to stay consistent with these kind of abuse cases.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Vikes hadn't had such a terrible game Sunday if they would have made the same decision?

The Vikings are letting him play because their hand is not forced YET.. to NOT let him play. This may change soon though. The Vikings are taking the easy route, not what is the correct route.

Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if, with the morals clauses in virtually every contract, that some insurance company or broker (like LLoyds of London) had a deal to compensate the Sports Team for loss of income if one of the players violated the clause. Might be contingent on official sanction.

This is sheer speculation on my part, but could be a factor.

change

Can someone post that "big" speech Wilf gave about turning this into a class organization and how things like this wouldn't be tolerated....

It's different from player to player, I guess?

:confused:

first thing I have to say on the AP and rice situation is in NO WAY DO I CONDONE this behavior. that said if you or I did that we would not lose our jobs or livelihood over it. we would be totally embaressed at work and publicly humiliated. the legal system would take care of it. now if I failed a drug test it would be bye bye blackcloud. kind of ironic that espn announcers with multiple failed drug test can judge them. league has a lot of things to clean up

All I can say is. AP went from one of my favorite Vikes ever to nothing but trash when I heard about this last Thursday.

His Kid is 4 years old. Got the crap beat out of him. Sad,
For me I'd like to see AP gone from the Vikings and NFL forever.

All I can say is. AP went from one of my favorite Vikes ever to nothing but trash when I heard about this last Thursday.

His Kid is 4 years old. Got the crap beat out of him. Sad,
For me I'd like to see AP gone from the Vikings and NFL forever.

Yes wayne but the vikings reinstated him. He plays next week. A four year old does not need that kind of beating. Angry is the problem.

Not sure he will stay reinstated. A gal just came out with another story of a second kid. I didn't know he had kids all over the place LOL. But, what people need to realize is as well is the fact that we don't know whats real and whats not. As far as we know those dang pics may not even be his kid. This second story could be a lie. Americans have too dang much in my opinion had this "It's true!" because so and so said so attitude. God I hate that about people. A "rumor" starts by an ideot, guy goes to the local bar, hey did ya hear? Fred punched John yesterday for no good reason, he should be fired. The whole town believes what they heard at the bar. Turns out Fred was walking behind John when john stepped on a rake. I often refer to my locality as Alexslandria. Because the hang the which attitudes are everywhere. There is whats called due process. And if we revert from innocent till proven guilty by a court of law, this great nation is lost forever.

Scum bags or not I bet there are defensive players on every team licking chops to hit opposing teams players LOL. Did anyone watch the jets and greenbay LOL. class acts as role models there on national tv. Look at Hockey every week. Is there a thing done about the fist fights every single game?. If we think there is 0 people in all sports that don't have personal problems or problems at home, that would be a good fantasy. :) No one is perfect. I don't know the situation, so I can not pass judgment.

Last edited:
AP is out again. Good move on the part of the Wilf's. Bad deal for the team going forward when the big stud lets the team down. Matt Asiata doesn't appear to be an adequate replacement. Actually Banyard looked the best in the pre-season.

Vikings

I would like to back out of my bet with Zeb, I cant in good faith take a bet that related to the purple, because of a stupid player beating one of his many kids. I will not talk purple football again this year, they have made me sick based on the way they have handled this whole mess.

I hope you are OK with that? If you want I will donate the $20 to a kids program that helps protect them from abuse??

Hey, GP, you don't have to do that. That really show me the person you are. Have to be a great guy. As big of Vikings fan that I am I think the Vikes are really screwed either way. Too bad because I do believe with the new coaching staff and some new players they we on the verge of being a good team again. Now I read Greenway broke his hand and is questionable for Sunday's game. The Saints will crush them.

Hey, GP, you don't have to do that. That really show me the person you are. Have to be a great guy. As big of Vikings fan that I am I think the Vikes are really screwed either way. Too bad because I do believe with the new coaching staff and some new players they we on the verge of being a good team again. Now I read Greenway broke his hand and is questionable for Sunday's game. The Saints will crush them.

It's not about the game or the record, it's about the way the league, teams and players seem to think they are above social values, like they are big enough to have anything and everything bounce off of them.

The way they handled this and how they did is what makes me sick. The poor kid is the victim and people worry more about winning football games! I just don't want any part of that. It's all in fun ribbing another fans team and players........ but this here puts that in a totally different light.

Good luck with your team, the other "Stand up guys" don't deserve this!

;)

Yeah , this was a good move on the part of the Wilfs. Problem is, why wasn't this done on Monday? I'll tell you why, as you might recall in my previous post, their hand was not forced yet and having AP activated gave them a better chance to win...

Now sponsors are pulling out and the fan base is outraged, it's a no brainer. "We need to get this right", pulleez!! Why didn't you get it right the first time.

And where was Goodell? IMO the NFL should have acted right away on this...

I really hope AP gets needed counseling and then and only then maybe a return to football.

Last edited:
Back