Vikings News

George, as you know there are always surprises in the NFL.:thumbsup:
Not saying,:eek: WE Vikings fans will see a Super Bowl victory anytime soon. :eek:
The talent seems to be there, a Pro Bowl season from Cassel, 2.00O yards from Adrian, some great games from Cordarrelle, Gregg, Kyle. I'm optimistic, looking foreward to a 10-6 season and a wildcard. Who knows. :cheers:

season

Based on the talent on their roster, I think they are a last place team again. The O-line isn't any better and the D is thin. Pre-season is over and playing for real now. The North schedules this year are tougher than last year.;)

The running game is and has been one of the best for a long time LOL. Including last year. The problem last year was the QB, and most games they scored enough to win. The defence could not stop anyone from scoring more is all. They got better coaches it seems, and also got better proven players in some of those defensive positions. I don't like to sugar coat anything, however I bleed purple and am not a band wagon jumper, or border jumper.:D . I would tend to believe they will shock a bunch of people. They will be better. I think its their division to loose. :cheers: AP beats Erik Diskersons record to go along with the all time single game rushing record in NFL history with that crappy running game.;)

Last edited:
You got that right:thumbsup: Just like every other team LOL. I refuse to give up hunting to watch games. Catching updates on the radio is good enough. Now if its a playoff or to go to, maybe. Purple, just not that purple. :)

I think that playing in Dec at "The Bank" will net the Vikes 2 additional wins making them 10-6 and a wildcard. :)

:laugh:

An indoor team.... you know who they play right????

Lets see your list of the 10 games they win.....;)

Geez, GPowers, you might be right about the Vikes but as a Minnesotan why be so negative. We have to think positive. No doubt there are some holes on both offense and defense but I think with the new coaching staff they will pick up some wins that no one expects. Last year they were 5-10-1. They should do better than that. Maybe not 10-6, but at least 8-8.

Unlike the Twins, I give the Vikings credit for at least making some changes and trying to improve.

I guess I just live in the real world and fantasy isn't a reality......:D

Okay, that being the case, and you being certain the Vikes won't do better than 6-10 would like to put a friendly wager on it? I'll bet you $20 the Vikes finish with a better than 6-10 record. Are you in?

:laugh:

An indoor team.... you know who they play right????

Lets see your list of the 10 games they win.....;)

You know, If I could do that, list the 10 wins, that would be something wouldn't it? that being the case why am I here. :confused:

I will go with the "any given Sunday" thing, or maybe Thurs, Mon, Or Sat for that matter.

We'll come back to this;) Vikings 10 and 6 Wildcard.
However:( that will be that.

I would even bet a case of PBR or Old Swill, :cheers:

So by the way, anybody interested in watching the Pacsters tonight?

My Wife is born and raised in Packer Land:eek::eek:
She is so die hard it is unreal.:eek::eek:
We have a "house divided" for sure. Going on 40 years though. :cheers:
I don't want Her to see this but I do pretend to be a Pack fan.
ONLY when they are not playing the Vikes. We do have this truce.

NOTHING SAID DURING THE GAME IS HELD AGAINST EITHER AFTER THE FINAL PLAY. :cheers:

34-6, and still room for improvement. The real good test is the next 4 games. 3 SB QB's and good teams. That D looked pretty solid for the most part across the board. And they showed just what I thought. You focus on stopping AP, which they did do, your going to pay now with the passing to some very capable wide outs and TE's. Stuffing 8 in the box to stop the run will play right in the hands of the offence. And if that D is good enough to get off the field like it seems they will, they will be a good balanced team with plenty of W's. I think you will get your check Zeb:D:thumbsup: I hope every team tries that 8 man front to stop AP. Patterson, Jennings, Rudolph, Simpson, And others will do the damage. Line is healthy this season so far unlike last year out of the gate. So pass protection should be plenty ample enough.:thumbsup: I like the direction they took so far. That front on the D side did lots of damage with only bringing 4 men all day. So their blitz, stunt schemes should be fun to watch. Even though it was the Rams, they have a decent team and the sack leader in the NFL last year so,;) They saw some good stout play on that line. There certainly is some kinks to iron out but hopefully they just stay healthy and get better.

typical!

Hey, GPowers, one win down and only 6 to go! :) Are you starting to feel that $20 slipping out of your wallet? :D

Beating ones chest after winning against another bottom feeder? They just beat another last place team... You should be talking Super Bowl!!!:laugh:

Back