Vikings News

The roar

Lions in the Super Bowl??? They dominated the G-men... Vikings fans worried that they might take their spot???:p

Lions in the Super Bowl??? They dominated the G-men... Vikings fans worried that they might take their spot???:p

No way they looked good in a sub prime game. G men suck. manning cant do squat. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we please not turn a discussion thread in to a bickering match again. Please? Some actually like to just talk football with out the side show.;) If you wish to create a side show, please do so in a thread of your very own.:cheers:

My guess this next week is the pats will have no run game, and will rely heavy on Gronk. STL killed themselves with penalty's, its not that they were a bad team. The score should have been closer, but the deciding factor still would have came down to the D stepping up and making plays. Brady and company will not make those mistakes with yellow flags. he rarely looses 2 in a row. They better play mistake free football. If they do that, they are good enough to beat anyone. I like the vikes by 3 in this one. Brady will get preasure, they will defend the run good, and I think the improved secondary healthy this year will stop enough of that passing game to get off the field just enough. AP will get better yards against a weaker front then STL. They will like everyone focus on AP, which will again open up big plays for Patterson, Jennings, Rudolph, and crew.:thumbsup: The big leg of the pro bowler Walsh will end the day with the winning FG.:thumbsup:

With the exception of their defensive line, the Rams are not that good and the Vikings basically took advantage of that. Any good team would have gone in and done the same thing. It took until the 4th quarter to really get things rolling, but this Viking defense came up big and have come a long ways IMO since last year when we basically gave away 3 or 4 games in the final 2 minutes of the game.

I think the Vikings should win at least 8 games this year and maybe surprise a few people and get to 10 wins and a wildcard slot.

record

16-0 and home field throughout .... SB against the Broncos and a 48-0 beat down of Manning and crew....

If we are gonna talk football (fantasy) football, lets make it rain Purple!

:laugh:

Can we please not turn a discussion thread in to a bickering match again. Please? Some actually like to just talk football with out the side show.;) If you wish to create a side show, please do so in a thread of your very own.:cheers:

My guess this next week is the pats will have no run game, and will rely heavy on Gronk. STL killed themselves with penalty's, its not that they were a bad team. The score should have been closer, but the deciding factor still would have came down to the D stepping up and making plays. Brady and company will not make those mistakes with yellow flags. he rarely looses 2 in a row. They better play mistake free football. If they do that, they are good enough to beat anyone. I like the vikes by 3 in this one. Brady will get preasure, they will defend the run good, and I think the improved secondary healthy this year will stop enough of that passing game to get off the field just enough. AP will get better yards against a weaker front then STL. They will like everyone focus on AP, which will again open up big plays for Patterson, Jennings, Rudolph, and crew.:thumbsup: The big leg of the pro bowler Walsh will end the day with the winning FG.:thumbsup:

oopps. no ap on sunday:(

Hard to be the ultimate warrior on Sunday for three hours and then just turn it off. AP may be cooked. He has the best lawyer in these parts but MOCO judges don't play. Haven't seen any of the evidence yet but I have heard it is bad. :(:(:(

Boy, the Vikes sucked the big one today. Not sure if the Peterson thing affected them or what. But they looked like they didn't belong on the same field as the Pats. Totally out played and out coached. And did the real Matt Cassel show up today? I hope not, but he really stunk it up. Tough month ahead on the schedule so we'll see what Zimmer and the staff can do to turn it around.

I am sure it blew the sails out of the entire team. How they handle it and move forward is the test of grit. Looks like they decided to stay down in a funk. Got home to see the last drive. That little bit was some close bad luck, and looks like they decided to at that moment move on. Its gut check time and a new back will have to step up. Looks like AP is history. I was shocked. Sure does suck and will no doubt hurt big time. Hard to believe these guys can do this crap, and just cant stay out of trouble for a little while when so much is at stake. You may loose your bet now Zeb LOL. I watched my last game:rolleyes: The whole thing just makes any football fan sick. AP pretty much is the key as to why the offence "would" have worked. Who knows now, but sure aint good. Injury is one thing, and a team can rally, but this sort of thing will be hard to wrap their heads around. It just stinks...

Finally, the Vikes are on the tube and they didn't show up!! we do not get to see them very much down here and was looking forward to watching them. It wasn't perty!:(

3 picks by Cassel that turned into 17 pts. and the a blocked field goal as time ran out in the first half that went back for a touch down. That's 24 pts. that the Pats didn't have to work real hard for.

Yeah, if AP doesn't come back I can kiss my $20 goodbye! :mad:

Finally, the Vikes are on the tube and they didn't show up!! we do not get to see them very much down here and was looking forward to watching them. It wasn't perty!:(

It was perty alright. Perty darn ugly!!

He has his excuse that's how he grew up, and that may be the case. Heck I bet many of us got the belt or were hauled behind the woodshed. But times have changed. Maybe not for the better, when you see todays youth. I think strict discipline is lacking to be honest when it comes to what kids are allowed to do. But there is also a time when you go too far. It seems he did. Youth today, well not all, but many get away with way to much, and the I will take your cell phone away for a day is not working. The play station generation kids basically get to do what they wish with not much for consequences. A good old fashion but paddle I could agree with any parent on. But to whip them like a slave and a willow switch is over board. My guess is he will be released and his career is over just like that. Its sad to see such a talent being tossed in the trash like that. Looking at those backs from preseason, I would guess they will look hard at Banyard or the other couple now, unless they signed else where. Looking ahead, NFL draft 2015 pick one may be a running back LOL. Maybe AP will get a true story movie deal out of this down the road, But he tossed away a big chunk of change and so much more here. Possible records, Hall of fame, freedom, and many millions just to name a few.

FC, I don't think the Vikings will give up on AP that easy. He's too big a talent. Heck look at Vick! He made it back into the NFL. AP is likely to get a slap on the hands in Texas. Probably a fine, probation and some community service. I may be dumb, but I really expect to see him in a Viking's uniform this year. I believe that AP is really a fine person. He just got carried away with the switch.

Like you said, 50-60 years ago it wouldn't have been an issue. I remember getting the belt from my dad. I had it coming. It didn't scar me for life. I darn sure didn't do it again! :) And I always had the utmost respect for my father.

All is right in the universe again, if only for a day.:D:D:D
AP will get a six game suspension and Ray Rice will be back in the league by the end of the year.

Took the Pack awhile to get going, but they did and beat a feisty Jets team. Damn Bears came back and won though. Niners mailed it in after that first drive of the second half. Maybe Capers will one day figure out how the rest of the league makes Kaepernick look average. Weird day yesterday but any given Sunday I guess.

Go Pack Go!

I thought the Pack was going to get it handed to them. Should have, saved by the mystery time out LOL. Jets got too complacent after that big lead. Man, they look like they are on the upside. NY fans will be pleased in the coming years I think. AP still pretty much is washed up, my guess is if he gets prison time he is done for sure, and if not he will be traded to Dallas LOL. Jerry likes problem children.

Back