Royals.....Whipping boys no more

Time to clean house Zeb.... Starting with Terry Ryan and sliding down hill from there. New management, coaches. New philosophy all together. Heck, the Polhad's should sell the team to someone who will actually commit to putting a winning team on the field.

3rd year in a row with 90+ losses. It's time for a new REGIME !!!

Last edited:
I totally agree. Maybe time for some new owners also.

They score 5 runs in the last 4 games. They are 27th out of 30 teams in MLB in batting average and only one team in the majors has struck out more times than the Twins. I thought with Bruno coming in as the batting coach it would help but it's obvious he isn't the answer and he can hit the road right behind Ryan, Gardy and Anderson.

Knowing that the Twins have always promoted managers from within I wonder who would be a good candidate to take over as manager?? Once Gardy is gone it will be interesting to hear the other coaches and players comments. No one will say anything now but I bet once he's gone we will hear plenty.

I loved Gardy's comment last night after they set a new franchise strikeout record. "No one is going up there trying to strike out!" No $hit Gardy! So what are you going to do about it, dumb a$$! God, it's frustrating.

Knowing that the Twins have always promoted managers from within I wonder who would be a good candidate to take over as manager??

One name I have heard discussed on various talk shows is Paul Molitor.

Hometown boy, Hall of famer. I think that would be an excellent choice......:thumbsup:

But first you have to get a GM that isn't a penny pincher or has the balls to tell the ownership what he really needs. ala Ryan.

Last edited:
One name I have heard discussed on various talk shows is Paul Molitor.

Hometown boy, Hall of famer. I think that would be an excellent choice......:thumbsup:

But first you have to get a GM that isn't a penny pincher or has the balls to tell the ownership what he really needs. ala Ryan.

Man you guys sound like royals fans. I think Molitor would be a good choice. We could give you yost, I am hoping he is replaced. I certainly think a better manager could have got us in the playoffs this year.

Molitor would be good choice. We someone with some "fire". Someone to kick some "booty" when needed.

I love Gardy's comment after Tuesdays game, ''Good ball game until we got into the eighth, and then things kind of unraveled there, we couldn't really stop them.'' Good game only because Correia shutout the Royals for 7 innings. The Twins had 1 hit up to that point. But I guess that's good in Gardy's book.

Last edited:
How bout them Royals? With tampa getting smoked by the sox again tonight the Royals are only 2 games out and playing well

They have been competitive this season, which is way more than we could say in many years.

Love to see them make the post season. But if they don't its been a fun season.

I'm cheering for the Royals. Hope they pull it off.

Twins had another nice game last night! :( Pitching staff gave up 18 runs and 22 hits. Only the lowly Astros have a worse team ERA than the Twins.

Twins had another nice game last night! :( Pitching staff gave up 18 runs and 22 hits. Only the lowly Astros have a worse team ERA than the Twins.

People can say what they want about trading Wil Myers for Sheilds and Wade Davis. Sheilds gave up two runs in the bottom of the first, then no-hit the Indians until the ninth. Pitching wins, always has. Offense is great, but you are not going to out score everybody every night. The Royals staff is as good as any. If we can just get in, go to a three man rotation, we could go far.

People can say what they want about trading Wil Myers for Sheilds and Wade Davis. Sheilds gave up two runs in the bottom of the first, then no-hit the Indians until the ninth. Pitching wins, always has. Offense is great, but you are not going to out score everybody every night. The Royals staff is as good as any. If we can just get in, go to a three man rotation, we could go far.

Was a great trade, been a fun summer watching the boys in blue.

That show brought to you courtesy of Green Collar Baseball! We put up some runs today too and Griff fanned 8 in 7 innings.:cheers:

20130703_230706_zps459de40b.jpg

Last edited:
Took Dad down to LA yesterday for the game (he's a bums fan). Nice stadium, boring fans but I did get to eat at the world famous Pink's this morning.

20130912_095608_zps18ef13c7.jpg

Crap, I already got hearburn just looking at that!! Wish the Royals were more consistent. Well , I guess they are, win 7, lose 7. Long road with a few teams to pass yet. I hope they do it. It has been since 85 I think!!

Took Dad down to LA yesterday for the game (he's a bums fan). Nice stadium, boring fans but I did get to eat at the world famous Pink's this morning.

20130912_095608_zps18ef13c7.jpg

Robert,

Pack a couple of those bacon dogs up and send them my way. I will gladly pay you tuesday:10sign:

Sorry to share this, but when I looked at the chili fries i felt a poop coming on.:eek:

Lmao! Let me tell you, 4 guys eating a bunch of chilli dogs (the pic was only round one) for breakfast before a 4hr car ride home was not the best idea anyone has ever come up with.:D:cheers:

Man every game is like a playoff game. Game was tight 1-0 last nite. Texas has come back so now we are 3.5 out of two wild card spots instead of one. Hey Zeb, you think we could get a little help today?

KC is getting some help from Oakland with the Rangers but they're going to have to help them selves with the home stand they have coming up.

Back