Royals.....Whipping boys no more

Man every game is like a playoff game. Game was tight 1-0 last nite. Texas has come back so now we are 3.5 out of two wild card spots instead of one. Hey Zeb, you think we could get a little help today?

Carp, we pulled one out for you after 25 scoreless innings.

Carp, we pulled one out for you after 25 scoreless innings.

Yea thanks. Would have been great with Texas losing too.....But wait our idiot manager let Guthrie pitch the bottom of the eighth and give up a home run to lose. It's ok because HE HAD ONLY GIVEN UP 13 HITS TO THAT POINT AND WAS IN TROUBLE IN EVERY INNING. Man Yost has got to go. I could pin at least three moves in the last two weeks to him. I have to believe it is over. With 13 to play we would have to go 11-2 to make up this ground.

Come on Tom, if KC beats the rangers and Oakland wins we will clinch AL west. Its 6-0 A's top of 4 right now. I have tickets for all home games for the ALDS, just hoping we have home field advantage.:cheers:

Never mind. Zeb's Twinkies are helping us enough, we will clinch tomorrow.:cheers:

Never mind. Zeb's Twinkies are helping us enough, we will clinch tomorrow.:cheers:

Yea were done, the loss tonight sealed it. This is the last year of Yost's contract and there has been no talk of adding any years. I sure hope they get rid of him. Look what Francona has meant to the indians. We have better starting pitching, much better bullpen, much better defense, more team speed. They have a little more pop and that is it. I think with him as our manager we would have won the division. We'll see how it shakes out.

Ok Tom, I know this sounds weird but if you guys could just go ahead and lose that would be great. That way the A's could clinch with a win at home.:cheers:

Ok Tom, I know this sounds weird but if you guys could just go ahead and lose that would be great. That way the A's could clinch with a win at home.:cheers:

Sorry robert,

Maxwell just hit a walk off grand slam off of our old closer Soria. What an ending for the last home game of the season.

You guys are no help at all lol.:D I was watching the live box score on my phone. Bases loade no outs, the bases loaded and 2 outs, then 4 runs on the board. Oh well I bet the crowd went wild in Oakland when that score went up on the board.:cheers:

I see that the Royals just signed Yost to a 2 year extension similar to the Twins. At least Yost had a winning record and probably deserved!

If it wasn't for Francona I think Yost could possibly have been manager of the year. I remember watching Francona play here for the Bears in 82' I think ,before getting the call up to the Expos. Aberdeen, S.D. boy! Royals did well. Better then I thought. I still would of had trouble trading Wil Myers to Tampa, but it got them close. I will pull for the Indians and the Cards.

If it wasn't for Francona I think Yost could possibly have been manager of the year. I remember watching Francona play here for the Bears in 82' I think ,before getting the call up to the Expos. Aberdeen, S.D. boy! Royals did well. Better then I thought. I still would of had trouble trading Wil Myers to Tampa, but it got them close. I will pull for the Indians and the Cards.

You have to be kidding me? Manager of the year? Just thinking that made me throw up in my mouth a little. You would be hard pressed to find a fan in KC that would think that. Back in May he pulled Shields out of a 1-0 game he was in command of for 8 innings. We lost. We then went on like a 6-24 run. We went on another 8 game loser in june, and a heartbreaking losing streak around the all star break that ended losing 3 to Cleveland. Not to mention several managerial blunders the last three weeks of the season. How do you lose 18 of 24 with the best defense in baseball, the best bullpen ERA by a full run, and probably one of the top ten rotations in baseball. You do it by being a horrible game manager, and a crappy motivator. Yost coaches with no passion, and is surly as hell on top of it. His handling of Moustakas, the golden boy, and his crappy " i don't watch game film or run hard to first" attitude, just plain sucked. Listen bucko if you are hitting .225 with one homer, and hardly any rbi's, your ass better run to first. Now in the presser today Moore basically told us Santana will be hard to retain, and that the payroll will basically be the same. That sucks considering everyones income is going up 22m next year with the new MLB tv deal. They are basically saying our young players will carry us to the promised land. Look for the fire sale next july. Same old crap.

Ps. Moore said in the presser " With all the added excitement this fall, it feels like we won the world series". Yea that's what I thought too you freakin ding dong, considering we haven't been to the playoffs in 28yrs.

If you are unsure how I feel about this pm me and I will clear it up for you:D

Last edited:
Sorry about the throw-up!!:D No way can you waste a PM with a Rant like that! I need to ask the Mods to put that one in the Archives!:thumbsup:

When was the last time a Royals team won this many games? Late 80's? I think your GM is screwing your team up and the owner is cheap when it comes to keeping talent. The best coaches do the most with the least. Yes , maybe some decisions, when we look back did not turn out. That happens to every team. I can look back and count 20 things I would of done differently with our team regarding decisions that the manager made and I only caught about 20 games. I don't believe it is the sole reason for us losing all the games we lost. At the beginning of Spring Training if you told me the Royals would win 86 games , I would of said no way. They will be out of it by July! I would of lost that bet this year.:cheers:

Was not excited to see Yost coming back, one of the worst at managing a game and his players, especially his pitching staff.

If it wasn't for Francona I think Yost could possibly have been manager of the year.

Really? You've never heard of Bob Melvin Blue? The A's have won back to back division titles with one of the lowest (4th lowest this year) pay rolls in baseball under his management.:cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry about the throw-up!!:D No way can you waste a PM with a Rant like that! I need to ask the Mods to put that one in the Archives!:thumbsup:

When was the last time a Royals team won this many games? Late 80's? I think your GM is screwing your team up and the owner is cheap when it comes to keeping talent. The best coaches do the most with the least. Yes , maybe some decisions, when we look back did not turn out. That happens to every team. I can look back and count 20 things I would of done differently with our team regarding decisions that the manager made and I only caught about 20 games. I don't believe it is the sole reason for us losing all the games we lost. At the beginning of Spring Training if you told me the Royals would win 86 games , I would of said no way. They will be out of it by July! I would of lost that bet this year.:cheers:

Bleu, I watched probably 140 Royals games last year on TV, and another 5 or so in person. Our defense is special. The defense metrics crap they do claims we saved 91 runs this year. Our pitching staff is the best in the majors I believe. We were like 50-15 or something like that when we scored 4 runs. Near the top for stolen bases. Our problems were lackluster offense. Moustakas should have been sent down. His pouty, low energy attitude sucked. You think Buck Showalter, or Terry Francona would have put up with that crap? doubt it. Billy Butler has regressed back into a non-power, base clogging singles hitter, that also won't run out a ball to first. Hit into 30 double plays this year. Most after the all-star break. Yost is a passive manager with no fire. The inmates run the asylum, sure they like him. He doesn't hold them accountable. He get's man crushes on players and won't let it go. Jeff Francouer, Chris Getz, Kelvine Herrara, to name a few. Having Francouer and Getz on the opening day roster should have got them both fired. But boy don't question him in the presser, he get's nasty quick. Look what Francona did in Cleveland. Sad because outside of home runs, we have the better team all around. With our team Francona could have won the division.

Really? You've never heard of Bob Melvin Blue? The A's have won back to back division titles with one of the lowest (4th lowest this year) pay rolls in baseball under his management.:cheers:

Back to back? So what did he do this year that was better then last year? Yes, you have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB. So do 2 or 3 other playoff teams this year. Which I really like, rubbing it in to those overpaid players who could care less about championships and just want their check. It shows it can be done with the right chemistry.:cheers:

Watch Saturdays game. Bob is starting the rookie Sonny Gray against Verlander. Ballsie move considering Gray only came up a few months ago but Bob just knows the right moves for his players.:thumbsup:

If I can get it up in Medicine Bow I will watch it. Sometimes it works out because he is not really been through the league yet. Always seems like there are more no-no's or 1 hitters after the Sept call-up's. Guy's just haven't seen these kid's yet. Looks like he has good stuff for a smaller guy. If you get to Verlander quick before he settles in the A's will win. Hope they make him throw a lot of pitches early.:cheers:

The young gun threw 8 scoreless innings, 4 hits and 9 K's. What a game that was, by far the best game I've ever been to. :cheers:

Back