Quail hunters roll call

Love the Quail

Setter Owner checking in.

"Quail" .......My bird of choice.

Our quail hunting is sparse in North Carolina so we go out west after em. Kansas and Nebraska.

We hunt em all....been to Michigan for grouse and woodcock and headed in a few weeks to South Dakota for you know what.

The preserves and a few wild covey's here and there between the trips. It's all about the dogs!

Nothing quite like a great covey rise and OH MAN those singles....

Can't wait to get the opportunity for some Gambels and Scalies.

A man/quail hunter should always be looking for ways to expand his horizon!!!!

Last edited:
We flush smallish coveys in NW Kansas while we're phesant hunting. Several years ago pheasants were down and quail were way up for some reason and for most of the season I choked and loaded for quail.

Brad checking in and quail is my first choice as well. I have three broke Brittanys and a 5 month old puppy well on her way. She has pointed and held 2 wild coveys and several singles. I have not shot over her yet though.

First Love

This is what got me into Hunting! Walking the various Deserts and So Cal mountains. Most of the guys I use to hunt with are Deer hunters first, I have always been a bird hunter, plus the love to have a four-legged partner with me.....:10sign::cheers:

Pa. has a quail plan in motion, but it's going to be a very long road.

Matt from Missouri here. Been lurking on here for a few years. Very much like the pheasants and dearly love the quail. I've raced cars, bow hunted hard, turkey hunted, you name it, but their ain't been nothing beats a covey rise over good dog work. I guess I'm a little simple minded.

Nothing better than a good quail hunt. Have hunted and harvested all species of quail except mountain quail. I have been know to travel for 13 hours one way to hunt quail. My oldest boy passed his hunters safety last Saturday and shot his first bobwhite yesterday and his first scaled quail today. He has been bitten by the bug as well.

Nothing better than a good quail hunt. Have hunted and harvested all species of quail except mountain quail. I have been know to travel for 13 hours one way to hunt quail. My oldest boy passed his hunters safety last Saturday and shot his first bobwhite yesterday and his first scaled quail today. He has been bitten by the bug as well.

Come on to Ca. I'll put you on some mtn quail.:cheers:

And good for your boy getting his first quail and for you creating another quail hunter.

Last edited:
I'd have to say that I'm a quail addict also...here's a few pics from this season. I hunt them at home in IL and also in Kansas. Hoping for a trip to Oklahoma this year or next as well

Great photos and hunt!

Rascal, good to see your dog is honoring men's health month by growing a beard! I did too:) Nice pics!

Present! I hunt quail with my GSP and lab in CO, KS, and occasionally NE. The dogs and I have been conducting a very scientific process of elimination quail population study for the past few years. We're slowly crossing off all the places on the map where the quail aren't. Hopefully we've only got a few more bad hunting spots to go before we finally locate the quail mecca!

THANKS....I close to shaving him though so he doesn't get caught up in all that Duck Dynasty B.S. I'm SOOOOOOO sick of all that can't wait for them to go away. FAR away

Mostly been lurking on here for 5 years or more and had to change my name to BIRDDOG KING in honor of KING RIP brother the best bird dog ive ever hunted behind ,am addicted to quail hunting bobs in KY and INDIANA from that dude .

Quail in the bluegrass....KY bobs

Howdy....long time quail hunter with 3 Llewellins.
Usually hunt Kansas and Nebraska every year....
Recently been focusing efforts closer to home and actually finding good numbers of wild quail.

Pics attached....hope you enjoy:)

Those are some nice pics.
You have 3 Llews, I guess I need another one to keep up with the Jones's.

Feb13_94.jpg

April13_649.jpg

I'm in on this one. I got hooked at age 7 carrying my BB gun around trying to keep up with my Dad and his English pointers in Central Missouri. Back then we had quail everywhere. Now, we have very few. That hasn't stopped me though! I can't get out enough. There's just something about the way a good dog works quail. I was hooked at 7 years old, and I'm still hooked at 43!

Back