Personal Protection

Kimber 45 ACP Super Carry Ultra

For me it is usually a Citori Superlight with #5 or #6 to protect me from those suicidal roosters:D
For those two legged creatures it is either a Smith & Wesson Air-weight with 38 hollow-points or a Sig P229 in 40 Star point/hollow-points staggered.
Thank the lord I have never had to use it but is sure gives me comfort knowing they are there for my family and myself.

Springfield XDM 9. Saweeet toy 4.5" match barrel. 19 round mags. Just loaded up 200 custom hornady XTP with Aliant power pistol. Nice:thumbsup: Scored 1,000 XTP bullets. So all my FMJ will become XTP's when done shooting them up. Keeps me busy:D

My wife and I both carry our handguns when we travel. It has nothing to do with feelings or any childish stereotypes, it has to do with my responsibility to protect my family and my property. I am not trying to compensate for a lack of machismo nor am I on some sort of vigilante mission. I am a law abiding citizen, I don't cause trouble and I try to be observant and avoid threatening situations, I go out of my way to not provoke or confront strangers. I am realistic enough to know that not everyone thinks and behaves the same way I do and they for whatever reason may decide to target and attack me, my family or my property. The reality is that my good intentions don't mean anything to someone with bad intentions and someone who doesn't share my respect for other people and the law. I don't carry a weapon because of what has happened in the past. The past is unchangeable and the past events are no guarantee of what may occur in the future. I don't carry a weapon because I am afraid, I accept the fact that with or without a weapon I am going to experience fear. I carry a weapon, in this case, a hand gun, because I want to be prepared to defend myself, my family and my property if the need arises, emphasis on need.

Nicely stated....I carry everyday all day. CZ75 D .9mm :cheers:

.380 LCP--the wife shoots this gun well.
.38 revolver--I don't carry unless I'm goin' somewhere scary. KC is like a foreign land to me. I'm apparently not the tough-guy ole' cooty is.....I have a feeling he's the kind of guy that you could smack in the head 50 times with a stick and still not reduce his IQ....

I've only been in a hanful of fights in my life time. I can't say I've 'won' them all, but nobody ever left me sleeping and I never had to retreat. All this talk about "I'm 8 foot 10 inches, I ain't scared/I don't need to carry" is laughable. Whether you take up more space than the next guy is irrelevant. A midget with a baseball bat could take your unprotected life if he wanted/needed to.

Just seen this and wow. Words are hurtful. You really feel like a man now. I'm not scared and I really don't need to carry. It's not that I'm bad it's my choice. Whats the reason this guys coments haven't been removed?

What teaches you to hit a man in the head 50 times. and its ok to take a bat to someone? You are SICK GET SOME HELP. PLEASE LEAVE THE FORUM YOU ARE NOT WANTED I HOPE. You should not be allowed to carry you are unstable. I'll do your job MOD's:mad:

;)I understood BK to be kiddin' around. No way I would take his post seriously. ;)

Last edited:
You're right BC, I've observed coot's humor over the years and thought my comment was right in line with my perception of his humor. I figured he'd come back with something humorous to bust my "balls" over. As I've stated before, it's difficult to communicate effectively in writing at times b/c ppl can't see your facial expressions. I was laughing when I posted it, then felt bad after reading his reaction. I would refrain from joking in the forums, but it is my personality. Looking back, I could've/should've thrown in an emoticon (ie:D), but I didn't.

My intent was not to hurt your feelings or insult you Coot. My intent was to exchange some "shop banter". I've always refrained from responding to your posts b/c they're typically humorous in nature and I never wanted to get in a ps'ing match over a simple miss-communication. Should've stuck with my instinct on this one. BTW, I've never hit anyone with a baseball bat (I'm not a midget either), nor would I...unstable.....that's a matter of opinion. I gotcha on the ole' ignore list now so that I will not be tempted to engage in anymore friendly exchanges that may be miss-contstrued as personal attacks.

Enjoy the day,

KB

Last edited:
I'm apparently not the tough-guy ole' cooty is.....I have a feeling he's the kind of guy that you could smack in the head 50 times with a stick and still not reduce his IQ....

Meaning, big dude=thick skull, not meaning you have a low IQ.

That's exactly how I would've said it in person if we were sharing a beer in my driveway, jokingly hashing out a subject we simply didn't agree on, and both of us would've shared a good laugh b/c you would've seen the smart-arse look and grin on my face when I was saying it. I never would've took you to be that sensitive judging by your posts. Obviously we've never sat around a campfire talking a little crap to each other.

What teaches you to hit a man in the head 50 times. and its ok to take a bat to someone? You are SICK GET SOME HELP. PLEASE LEAVE THE FORUM YOU ARE NOT WANTED I HOPE. You should not be allowed to carry you are unstable. I'll do your job MOD's:mad:

Quit screwing around in here and add up the football scores:D. Or I'm gonna get my bat:)

if coot carried it would have to be a single shot. that way he couldn't shot himself in both feet. he makes barney fith look like a rocket scientist.:cheers:

if coot carried it would have to be a single shot. that way he couldn't shot himself in both feet. he makes barney fith look like a rocket scientist.:cheers:

See, this is the sort of banter I'd hoped my comment would lend itself well to.

The upland fields are calling me. Just a couple more weeks............

You ever notice people that choose not to carry always want to impose their personal decision on others?

If you don't want to carry fine with me, just leave me and our US. Constitution alone.

Never understood this when every bit of statistical data has proven concealed carry has decreased violent crime where its been allowed.

But facts don't often matter to people that use emotion to make decisions

Back