Personal Protection

. . . responsible parents, family values, dump horrific movies & video games, give lawbreakers more than a slap-on-the-hand when they're caught. Drug dealers? Take 'em out back & shoot the bastards.

Now you talking. Not the video games:(. nephew brought one over it's awesome you never run out of ammo:D

And how did Jesus respond when asked about traveling without a sword?

Luke 9:3 and Luke 22:36 seem to form an inclusio. In chapter nine, Jesus instructs the Twelve, "Take nothing for the journey?no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic." But in chapter 22, he tells them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don?t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Then he says
?Put your sword back in its place for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.? (Matthew 26:52)"

Two evangelicals with ccw's arguing about what the scripture says could get ugly.:D

yup, could get real ugly, in an very western way.

OP really you want to quote the bible. IDK what to say to, your post but, your liberal ass needs to wake up. sorry dude but your thinking and mine, will never match. You live in a rural place, you have now Idea what goes on in a large city.

I live in both, until you open your eye's to what is going on, in the rest of the country, you will never, know what goes on ,in the rest of the world. You really need to wake up. The Government does not owe you crap. The Government is sending our tax money. Government Is The Problem. Get It.

What you need to do is get the hate out of your heart. How you will be judged, is how you treat the less fortunate, poor, sick and the old.

You Can Easily Judge the Character of a Man by How He Treats Those Who Can Do Nothing for Him

Why is it there is more crime in control city's??? Nuf said. I will keep my arms thank you very much. The good Lord helps those who help them selves. I intend to live.:D I have a gun, I know how to use them very well. I enjoy sport with them. I shoot them all. I hope I will never need one to survive. But if I do, I will. The good Lord also says ask and you shall receive. Forgiveness fits in that. If you ever have the need, and it is justified. I choose to believe if I ask I will receive, if I knock it will be opened unto me.;) Live on and enjoy your lives, keep your freedoms, it will suck with out them. The old glove box works just fine for a personal protection device. I don't tote a gun belt. But there are city's I will just never go milling around in. As far as the media goes, just look into their ties to the liberal administration, and that will give you a clue as to why we never see the headlines of the person who saved themselves or others by the gun.;)

Why is it there is more crime in control city's??? Nuf said. I will keep my arms thank you very much. The good Lord helps those who help them selves. I intend to live.:D I have a gun, I know how to use them very well. I enjoy sport with them. I shoot them all. I hope I will never need one to survive. But if I do, I will. The good Lord also says ask and you shall receive. Forgiveness fits in that. If you ever have the need, and it is justified. I choose to believe if I ask I will receive, if I knock it will be opened unto me.;) Live on and enjoy your lives, keep your freedoms, it will suck with out them. The old glove box works just fine for a personal protection device. I don't tote a gun belt. But there are city's I will just never go milling around in. As far as the media goes, just look into their ties to the liberal administration, and that will give you a clue as to why we never see the headlines of the person who saved themselves or others by the gun.;)

I'll agree with much of what you posted. I don't intend to be a victim but I don't go looking for trouble. Too many judge a book by it's cover. Inside that dirty grungy dressed person may be the finest person you ever met. Too many judge from the drive by. I have a friend who does just that. A women with several kids driving a older car...wel-fair B1tch...just maybe she lost her husband over in the middle east fighting for this country. Now she's struggling to make it. I carry and I carry often. As FC says, I hope I never need it and I hope the good Lord guides me to the right decision in that split second. Once you pull the trigger, you can't take it back. Your life has changed forever.

jmac, sorry but you seem quick to judge from the curb. You call me a liberal. I'm a Christian..not a liberal or a conservative. I think those I follow trumps any of your political hero's.

Good Day

Onpoint I don't know too many good law abiding gun owners that go "looking" for trouble. Trouble has a funny way of seeking us out.;)

Thank You. My point in a nut shell. I never go looking for trouble, but I'm ready for it if it finds me.:thumbsup:

Onpoint I don't know too many good law abiding gun owners that go "looking" for trouble. Trouble has a funny way of seeking us out.;)

What I'm saying is, your attitude or bravery shouldn't change when you strap that gun on. One should always exhaust all other options. Having to eat a little pride or poop to be able to walk away from a mouthy person, is always better then I don't have to take that. I'm warring a gun bucko. You most likely will never cross paths with the jerk again. He/she means nothing in the big scheme of things.

Speaking for myself, it isn't "an attitude of bravery;" it's "the prudence of preparedness." My preference when encountering a threat is to avoid it; but my ultimate goal is to survive the threat . . . be it natural or man-made disaster, mechanical problem, a health & safety issue, animal or human threat. Thus, I take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety & well-being of mine & me. When it comes to carrying, I have never volunteered to be a victim, though I was "selected" to be one before; fortunately, I was not a defenseless victim and had the difference. That was & remains my choice. Don't criticize me or others for such personal decisions. Live with yours. It's all about choices.

Speaking for myself, it isn't "an attitude of bravery;" it's "the prudence of preparedness." My preference when encountering a threat is to avoid it; but my ultimate goal is to survive the threat . . . be it natural or man-made disaster, mechanical problem, a health & safety issue, animal or human threat. Thus, I take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety & well-being of mine & me. When it comes to carrying, I have never volunteered to be a victim, though I was "selected" to be one before; fortunately, I was not a defenseless victim and had the difference. That was & remains my choice. Don't criticize me or others for such personal decisions. Live with yours. It's all about choices.

1+

VERY WELL said.

I carry only when I feel I may need a firearm handy. Working on the farm there may be various varmints which need to be attended to at times. A firearm sitting back in the truck is useless.

NB

NB

Yep, and Onpoint, I don't think that happens much in the reality of things. Those are not even the kind of low lives we are watching out for LOL. That is a jock schoolhouse bully, not a knife toting gangbanger, mugger, or sexual predator. The types you talk about are most likely the ones you find at the local pub. :) And if they think you are protected, will most likely not be mouthing off. But even so, we do have freedom of speech in this country as well. So some mouthing off and a few cuss words are excepted actions in society every second.;)

What I'm saying is, your attitude or bravery shouldn't change when you strap that gun on. One should always exhaust all other options. Having to eat a little pride or poop to be able to walk away from a mouthy person, is always better then I don't have to take that. I'm warring a gun bucko. You most likely will never cross paths with the jerk again. He/she means nothing in the big scheme of things.

Wow op I'll give you that you, have heart. I to am a good person. I have no intention of looking for trouble or shooting anyone, I can walk or run away from. It's the people out there that you can not do this, that those of us that choose to carry, are prepared to defend our lives from. If you are starving person then come talk to me I will help you out. you come at me in a threat to my life, your going to meet your maker PDQ.

It's not bravery or looking for trouble, It self perversion. Me or them. I pick me all day long. How about you. :thumbsup:

It's un-American in Oklahoma not to carry.:p Heck this here is Indian Territory:rolleyes:

1+

VERY WELL said.

I carry only when I feel I may need a firearm handy. Working on the farm there may be various varmints which need to be attended to at times. A firearm sitting back in the truck is useless.

NB

NB

I always carry at the farm as well. Shotgun or rifle if it is in season, and pistol if it is not hunting season.

Back