Opening Day.... How did you do?

Thanks VJohn. What Irish names have you given your dogs?

Riley, Grady, Murphy, Ciara.

Ciara though, I cheated a bit with, her call name is Sis.

I don't know why I like that name for a girl dog, but she is everyone's lil Sis in the house, so it fits. :)

And then there is Radar. :rolleyes: He came in with that name, so, I guess we are both stuck with it. (Just dont' want to go through the trouble of changing I suppose...)

Emil- Just reading all of this I dont think one person agrees with you. Why would anyone need to put where they killed birds? who cares where they killed them. they obiviously killed them somewhere in kansas so why would it frustrate you?

No one is trying to be mean to you but as a rookie on this forum I wouldnt start off on the route youre going. I love giving advice but just have fun hunting anywhere you go, even if its not very good! No one is" Pusing down kids" bc they aren't putting a location!

take care all, we need some snow!

Had a pretty good opener in NW.

Hey Brit, Section, Township and Range please Sir! ;)

Seriously Emil, I've only been on here a little over a year, and there are some VERY fine people on here. Pretty dang funny sometimes too. It will definitely help to pass time during the off season, or just to make some friends. But seriously, you cannot expect a very warm welcome when the first thing you post seems to be asking for directions, even if what you posted was misconstrued, you have to remember that written word has no tone of voice. To me, asking for locations right off the bat is like meeting someone new and asking for naked pictures of their girlfriend. Heck, even if I did show em' to ya, you'd prolly be let down. Take your time, ease up a little, you will be more than welcomed on this forum. :thumbsup:

Hey Brit, Section, Township and Range please Sir! ;)

Seriously Emil, I've only been on here a little over a year, and there are some VERY fine people on here. Pretty dang funny sometimes too. It will definitely help to pass time during the off season, or just to make some friends. But seriously, you cannot expect a very warm welcome when the first thing you post seems to be asking for directions, even if what you posted was misconstrued, you have to remember that written word has no tone of voice. To me, asking for locations right off the bat is like meeting someone new and asking for naked pictures of their girlfriend. Heck, even if I did show em' to ya, you'd prolly be let down. Take your time, ease up a little, you will be more than welcomed on this forum. :thumbsup:

Yup that sums it up in a nut shell. Join or get off. Pm or hope your choise.

meeting someone new and asking for naked pictures of their girlfriend. Heck, even if I did show em' to ya, you'd prolly be let down.

hey sooner, let us be the judge of that:D

Troll

Emil
"As for me, I won't "do the work".

What did you share?

"As for those who don't believe in sharing, thanks for you stories."

meeting someone new and asking for naked pictures of their girlfriend.

That quote and this whole thread reminds me of advice I was given probably back in junior high...."Never kiss and tell!"

However, that doesn't keep me from enjoying a good story, viewing a buddie's naked girl-friend pics, and, hearing about a good hunting spot...except when it turns out to be my girl/hunting-spot :)

I have to admit, I didn't expect this to become such a huge issue. To be honest, I'm very disappointed in the anti-social behavior as well. I don't see what is wrong with pointing a person in the general direction and I made that very clear earlier only to have many of you completely ignore what was plainly printed in black and white. Of course the hunters will still need to find the birds when they get there, but to let someone drive from Alabama to hunt out near Dodge City when everyone knows it's better up near Colby is asinine.

As for me, I won't "do the work". I have my places to hunt and that's where I'll be hunting. I know for a fact that the bird populations are sparse, but that's not why I'm out there.

As for those who don't believe in sharing, thanks for you stories. I couldn't be more disappointed, but at least I know what you are all about. I can picture you guys out with your kids on an Easter egg hunt. You are running around wildly, pushing your kids down and yelling "MINE! MINE! MINE!" and rushing to find every egg so that no one else can enjoy themselves. I'm sure that your parents would be proud.

Emil, you list yourself as a Kansan, as do I. Get your lazy ass off the couch, drive through the state, and find birds. Don't sit on your ass and count on others to do the work for you.

People put blood, sweat, thousands of miles, boots on the ground, and sometimes tears into their hunting trips, and you show up looking for a handout, yet cry foul when there is nobody to hold your hand.

Shame on you for calling other people out, when you're the one acting like a needy refugee who lives in this state.

Last edited:
meeting someone new and asking for naked pictures of their girlfriend. Heck, even if I did show em' to ya, you'd prolly be let down.

hey sooner, let us be the judge of that:D

Hahahaha....best to just take my word for it on this one fellas...have to roll over twice just to get off her! Hahahaha, I REALLY hope no one ever searches my internet history, or I am TOAST!:D

When are the nude pics going to get posted -- or just pm me with them! :p

Hahahaha....best to just take my word for it on this one fellas...have to roll over twice just to get off her! Hahahaha, I REALLY hope no one ever searches my internet history, or I am TOAST!:D

Delete, delete, delete!

This thread is yet another gut-buster! I appreciate the humor each day guys:cheers:

If I may comment on jjoel's original topic question, asking us what kind of opening day we had:

My personal opening day for upland birds was yesterday, the first Wednesday after the statewide weekend opener. With upland bird populations projected to be down this year I wasn't expecting much in the way of "numbers of roosters/hens seen", and my expectations were met.

The one and only rooster I had a crack at -- a quartering high-speed incoming shot -- I'm pretty sure I over-led him with Tube #1, and then while pivoting left for a second shot my feet got tangled in ground cover and I'm almost falling and I send out Tube #2 way high, no doubt about it. Sorely disappointed at missing, as the day went on I started feeling relief for missing that rooster. There just aren't many birds where we hunted.

In total, during our daylong hunt we flushed three roosters and one hen. Two roosters were fired on for a total of 4 rounds fired. All four shots missed. (And those two roosters may in fact have been the same rooster flushed at two different spots on the same property, fired on by two different hunters.)

One mentally gifted covey of quail, upon being flushed they zoomed over a fence onto private land that we didn't have permission to work.

While leaving country, one member our group saw 3 roosters at two different locations just off the highway, the cover and birds being on private land, and that's good.

I was seriously impressed with the high qualilty WIHA cover we hunted. The cover was so good that I must admit there could be many more birds present but we didn't detect them because of the dusty, super-dry conditions (reducing our dogs' scenting abilities) and also because some of the properties we hunted were so large, or so complex in terrain/cover, that our 4-man party simply lacked the bodies to seriously clamp down on it.

Still, we used good small unit tactics that ought to have netted some bird-of-the-year roosters. I just don't think there's many young ones out there. For sure, in past years better action was enjoyed on the parcels we hunted Wednesday.

Down year for birds, at least it seems that way where we were hunting this trip.

And if I may add a non-bird sighting to the ones jjoel mentioned in his topic post:

Cutting into a line of creekside riparian cover, I approached the lip of the creek bank and a lucky combination of loud wind noise and wind direction let me surprise a pair of whitetail does. One bolted out of the dry creek channel straightaway. I was watching her when a flash of movement made me look almost straight down into the creek bed. A second whitetail doe was lying there on a pile of dry leaves, probably sunning herself. She scrambled to her feet and blasted off. This was the closest I've been in the field to live whitetails in many years and it was really cool.

So...no birds but a fun hunt. Very pretty land.

This thread is yet another gut-buster! I appreciate the humor each day guys:cheers:

I could NOT agree more! I am going to stop seeing a psychiatrist as long as this forum is alive and well!
About those pics though, they might be ok, I'm really not sure, haven't seen her naked since my son was born 8 years ago.:(

Back