Opening Day.... How did you do?

Our group did very well. Hunted in Gove Co. Had 42 in the truck by the end of the day. Sunday was thin, only 7 by lunch. Didnt see as many hens as usual, hope the weather isnt to hard on them this winter or next summer or will be worse yet. Been hunting that area with family for 18 yrs. As you can see from my location I am an out of stater....Didnt hunt any WIHA.....

BDRHTR,
you better look out the Gove County Britt will be after you for killing his birds, :), just kidding, don't want to get something started I can't get stopped. Cograds:cheers: sounds like you did well, 42 birds, from what I have been hearing I don't think all the other guys total killed 42 birds this season.Kind of hate it as I was going to head toward that area but I guess you have killed them all.
Again congrads.:10sign:

First the hunter numbers were way down in our area!!! Our group which constisted of 14 men and 7 kids under 18 yrs old took 22 roosters and 4 quail on saturday by 3pm. We walked WIHA till 10am then cut milo. Sunday we hunted 4 fields and took another 11 rooster then quit at 11:30.

We ran my 2 Bitts & Lab with 5 other Britts and they rocked!
The best is my youngest son Collin who is 11 took his 1st rooster. He now is known as "RoosterBoy". My oldest didn't get a shot but walked like a trooper all weekend:thumbsup:

All in all is was a great weekend, but still looking for the guy who shot my truck. Now have 7 pellet dents from another group who was hunting a wiha across from our private land we had our trucks parked by.

you got to be kidding me truck was shot that is%^*& sad

Did real well in Neb. 2 of us limited on pheasants 5 out of 6 days and we got about 20 quail. Everyone is going to find this hard to believe but up in neb last week my father and I shot 3 Tennessee red quail that were mixed in a covey of bobwhites. I'm not sure what to think on how they got there. A farmer stopped on the way out of the field and said someone dropped them out every half mile in the spring. He also said he has some that eat out of his yard where he lives. Then a guy told me that neb put a bunch out to try to start them. Does anyone know anything about them in Neb and how they got there? Then we came down to around Russell for the opener and the birds are way down. The birds are down 60 to 75 percent where We hunting from last year. Its going to be a long season bird hunting in Ks. Going to take a lot of driving and a lot of walking to kill much this year. Good luck to everyone and watch out for the rifle deer hunters its going on in Neb now and Ks pretty quick.

Back