NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

yeh- saw lightning all last night- but you have to realize- I can see a long ways out here- we didn't get a drop of rain

The hail is ripping down the corn as I write. Radio guy has several baseball size pieces of hail in his hands. And it hailed for along time.

Sorry to hear about the hail and its damage.

Still nothing at the Ponderosa. 40% chance tonight.

It hailed so bad in McCook that they closed Wal-Mart. Sounds like a lot of damage. Tennis ball sized hail near Norcatur. And a 3rd storm about to hit again in 30 minutes. It has been like this all summer.

I have been watching that storm on radar. Wow.

It has to be bad to close Wal-Mart. Heck here in Dodge even in the worst blizzard you don't close Wal-Mart.:) Close everything else, but don't close Wal-Mart.

I assume Wal-Mart had some structural damage, roof, etc?

Thinking about you guys.

Well I am sure that the hail tonite will devestate the pheasant population here. At the golf course in McCook it was a foot deep. Pictures of dead birds in the paper. Windows were broken out of building and cars, and trees stripped of leaves. We had 3 storms in a 3 hour period. Hail 2.75 inches in diameter were measured here in Oberlin. Baseball size in some areas.

Well I am sure that the hail tonite will devestate the pheasant population here. At the golf course in McCook it was a foot deep. Pictures of dead birds in the paper. Windows were broken out of building and cars, and trees stripped of leaves. We had 3 storms in a 3 hour period. Hail 2.75 inches in diameter were measured here in Oberlin. Baseball size in some areas.

Did you have much damage to your property?

It has been a tough year to be a bird.

We missed most of the hail here but had 1 pretty good round for about 10 minutes. Quarter and nickel size that covered the ground. But a few miles west of here they got tennis ball size. And lots of it. Check out the McCook Gazette online.

Maaaaaaanard! I got 1.25 overnight, sounded more like 3. It's raining again right now. Weeeee!

I know you did. That is great. I need to take a rain check on stopping to see you as I went through this morning taking my wife to Wichita to the doctor. No time to stop, but I did honk. Then I had an appointment back in Dodge to get to. Again, rain check please.

No rain here, still bone dry at the Ponderosa.

As a matter of fact I did get naked today---maybe it will rain. I had a 12 volt auto battery on my fence charger that went dead and needed charged. Took it to the shop and charged it, but when I went to put it back on the fence charger, the fence charger didn't work. Got the voltmeter and checked and only 10 volts. Check the water and the end cell is dry, but the others are okay. Add some water and put it back on the battery charger. I go in the shop, tilt it slightly to get my hand under it and pick it up and carry it out. All of sudden my leg is wet and I see the side of the battery is wet. My leg is burning, but the pants aren't smoking like acid usually does. I drop my drawers and head to the house. I see the leg of my briefs are wet also, so I drop them also. I didn't have a change of clothes and underwear at the ranch, so I am washing my pants and undies and drying them. Only went outside a few times to change the water in the yard, so don't know if that qualifies for 'neked rain dancing'.

Sure thang, that would qualify as a rain dance. Hee Haw !!!

Bilbo, we sure don't need any acid rain:) Maynard, I'll let it slide this once, since I like rain and checks. I think I even heard the honk! Hope everythings ok with the wife. Did you get to see some of that weird grass, the green kind?

Bilbo, we sure don't need any acid rain:) Maynard, I'll let it slide this once, since I like rain and checks. I think I even heard the honk! Hope everythings ok with the wife. Did you get to see some of that weird grass, the green kind?

I did see something that my grandfather told me about, green grass.

Yeah you will know my honk. Would have on the way back, but had a car in front of me.

Sure glad you have gotten some moisture and BW is looking better!

Maynard,

Looks like you could have got some rain today!!! The Cold front pushed down today here, but no rain. Broke the 50+ consecutive days of highs over 100.

Maynard,
Please tell me at least one of those storms that I see on the radar screen just east of you @ around 6:30 p.m. came down right on top of your head (& fields) @ the Ponderosa...

Maynard,
Please tell me at least one of those storms that I see on the radar screen just east of you @ around 6:30 p.m. came down right on top of your head (& fields) @ the Ponderosa...

I'm sure he's out there enjoying it right now; just dancing and/or singing in the rain. I know my family and I were outside to enjoy every drop as it passed through our side of the state.

Back