NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

WOW! I was right to be a little concerned. That show on TV about the dustbowl showed how dangerous they can be. Glad you are OK! My friend in Beatrice showed me pics of his hogs on top of his big barn. I had to ask how they got there. He siad," they walked up the snow! You guys have some things weather wise to deal with the rest of us can only imagine. Sorry you didn't get more rain. Did the storm flatten the wheat?

Bill,

Some damage to wheat, but not major.

Man, this was a beautiful evening. Cool and a light breeze and a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately the turkeys didn't cooperate for me.

I was happy that my hired hand got his first gobbler and his first was also the Byrd Ranch's first. Big bodied bird, but he said the one that got away dwarfed his bird. Time to close the books on this year's turkey season since Unit 4 does not have a fall season.

So you guys can see what it looks like, here is my pasture today-

IMG_5520.jpg

My CRP has some green, but little growth-

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

Wow that pasture needs some water badly! Sure hope you get some soon. We are getting raing of and on all day today. Wish we could send ya some.

Looks like a bit of moisture just to the west of you this evening and moving for a direct hit of the Ponderosa. I thought it forgot how to rain.

That storm should green things up:thumbsup:

Storm moving through pretty fast. I am in Dodge at the moment, but radar looks promising at Ponderosa.

I know you are dry. I was through that way last weekend and it was really dry. Hoping you get some beneficial moisture.

Good Rain!!! 3 days a week for 6 weeks and you might get caught up!!!! Nice to see!!!

WUNIDS_map2.gif

NWS reports .85 at Dodge.........i am sure Maynard will tell us how much it rained at the ranch.........hopefully he got more.:)

Between a half and 0.55", so I wrote it on the calendar at 0.55". Dirt roads a little slick first thing this morning, but dry now. I had dusted some forage soybeans in my deer food plots a couple weeks ago and this should bring them up, just hope I have more rain to bring them along. Was hoping to get a rain before the turkey scratched them all out of the ground. Deer antler growth improved from last year. We are still extremely dry, but, thankfully, to date have not had the terrible heat and wind we did last year.

I hope things are improving. I noticed some moisture to the NW of the Ponderosa late this evening and headed to the SE at a pretty fast clip. Maybe Maynard planted a Moisture Magnet out in his pasture. Hope the moisture holds together at least until it gets to DC.

Word has it , Maynard has been cloud seeding for some time!!!!!

Word has it , Maynard has been cloud seeding for some time!!!!!

I would do just about anything for a rain, but guess what? I was blessed with 1.25" during the wee hours. It came hard, but little run off. Certainly no problems at the water gaps, because it never got there.

Will be interesting to see how the buffalo grass responds. Only casualty of the hard rain is my forage soybeans that I dusted in the deer food plots a couple weeks ago. They are buried and I doubt they can push through when they germinate. Not a problem, I will just plant some more.

I sure like this rain. Thank you Lord.

I would do just about anything for a rain, but guess what? I was blessed with 1.25" during the wee hours. It came hard, but little run off. Certainly no problems at the water gaps, because it never got there.

Will be interesting to see how the buffalo grass responds. Only casualty of the hard rain is my forage soybeans that I dusted in the deer food plots a couple weeks ago. They are buried and I doubt they can push through when they germinate. Not a problem, I will just plant some more.

I sure like this rain. Thank you Lord.

good for you! maybe the pump is primed, here's hoping the rain continues:)

Back