NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

Over here just east of Pittsburg we've been dry all winter, but we're more than making up for it this week. Floods all over, 6"-8" forecast, with locally heavier amounts expected, have heard predictions of 15" in places.

Western Kansas suppose to get some general good rains the next couple days as well. I'm going out Mar. 28th to a land auction at Dighton. It will be nice to see it green for a change. I have received 4 inches near Colony and more on the way.

Over here just east of Pittsburg we've been dry all winter, but we're more than making up for it this week. Floods all over, 6"-8" forecast, with locally heavier amounts expected, have heard predictions of 15" in places.

You have some high ground to go to?

Western Kansas suppose to get some general good rains the next couple days as well. I'm going out Mar. 28th to a land auction at Dighton. It will be nice to see it green for a change. I have received 4 inches near Colony and more on the way.

It is nice to see the green winter wheat.

Land auction prices have been going, going, going---UP ,UP, UP.

According to the weather service,we have had over 7" here in Pitt,with more on the way.This will make the Morels pop,for sure.

According to the weather service,we have had over 7" here in Pitt,with more on the way.This will make the Morels pop,for sure.

My late brother loved Johnny Cash----"How High's the Water Momma?"

Hope you don't have any problems with flooding at your place.

You aren't kidding auction prices have been going up. I watched a section sell at Dighton 2 weeks ago that brought 2700 an acre. Thats just crazy. I don't think this will bring that much some of it is rougher. I don't have to buy any, it gives me an excuse to get away from here.

You aren't kidding auction prices have been going up. I watched a section sell at Dighton 2 weeks ago that brought 2700 an acre. Thats just crazy. I don't think this will bring that much some of it is rougher. I don't have to buy any, it gives me an excuse to get away from here.

A guy can be paper 'rich' and cash 'poor' unless he wants to sell some of this appreciated land. I sure know that over the years my net worth and my money in the bank just doesn't seem to match.

Having some really nice rain here. Coming nice and slow. I dumped 0.50" on Monday morning and 0.45" at noon today. In about three hours today added another 0.05", so that is nice and slow. PTL!

Maynard,

Great to hear that you are finally getting some of the rain. :thumbsup:

I saw about 2.25" in my rain gauge the past two days. Might even get a little more tonight. Stock tanks filled up and most of the small ponds. Wheat fields are looking real nice right now. We have a long way to go to catch up.

It looks like sw Kansas is getting one of the best rains in a long time. A couple more will go a long ways towards a good pheasant hatch.

Having some really nice rain here. Coming nice and slow. I dumped 0.50" on Monday morning and 0.45" at noon today. In about three hours today added another 0.05", so that is nice and slow. PTL!

The radar looked like you were getting dumped on there since your post. That ought to help loosen up the soil for your pipe laying job.:thumbsup: You might actually get mud on the tractor!

Maynard how much rain? I see Dodge had 1.98 and Garden had 1.56 according to the NWS. This will for sure give the bird cover a spring boost, as well as help the wheat crop.

Had 1.50" and it came really nice. I am going to have to get the mower ready this year. Last year it wasn't used. This rain is really great, starting Sunday through today I have had 2.45". PTL

Glad to hear it Maynard! Sounds like you got more than we did. I think we are up to around 1.66 inches. Most of it came slow except the last .30.

Had 1.50" and it came really nice. I am going to have to get the mower ready this year. Last year it wasn't used. This rain is really great, starting Sunday through today I have had 2.45". PTL

great! we had around 4" here in N. Texas, the drought is over down here in the DFW area, all the major reservoirs are +2' or more....finally.

Proud for you my friend! Glad you are getting some rain now. Hope all the farmers are and especially hopre the birds and wildlife profit nicely from it as well.

Forgot to say make some pictures later to compare to those of last year, so we can see the difference some rain makes in your country, please.

Back