NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

You know I started this thread three and a half months ago, hoping that the end was in sight for this terrible drought. Now 300 replies and 9908 views later, there is some rain and reason to rejoice, praise the Lord. I hope and pray that the weather pattern is changing and there will be favorable precipitation to replenish our barren land.

People all over the southern plains are rejoicing because rain is falling, from Lubbock, Texas to Dodge City, Kansas. Yes I say again, Praise the Lord.

This is the worse drought in Texas history, big trees are dying all over the place.
Dallas and Oklahoma City should get in on some of the rain action before dark.
A lot of moisture is being drawn in ahead of the front from the Gulf of Mexico.
Let hope this is the beginning of the end to this bad drought.

See radar below:

http://i.imwx.com/web/radar/us_radar_plus_usen.jpg

No, haven't been to the Greensburg one yet! Just another reason to swing by there. Hey, there's .55 in the guage right now. That's almost how much was in our shoes earlier:) Yep, I pray this is round one of a fifteen round fight!

You know I started this thread three and a half months ago, hoping that the end was in sight for this terrible drought. Now 300 replies and 9908 views later, there is some rain and reason to rejoice, praise the Lord. I hope and pray that the weather pattern is changing and there will be favorable precipitation to replenish our barren land.

Praise the Lord!

I had 1.20". Skies threatening all day, but nothing falling from the clouds. I think tonight could produce some more.

A few puddles around driveway and headquarters as it looked like it came pretty hard, but in the plowed fields it sucked it right down. PTL!

I had 1.20". Skies threatening all day, but nothing falling from the clouds. I think tonight could produce some more.

A few puddles around driveway and headquarters as it looked like it came pretty hard, but in the plowed fields it sucked it right down. PTL!

good for you!

the rain that came with those really nice lightening shows last night was not enough to leave a puddle anywhere within 300 yards- missed the SW again- ground is still very dry

ps- I took 58 pictures of that lightening show

So thankful for the rain you have gotten and still pray for a replenishment of your land! Thank you Lord! Amen!

the rain that came with those really nice lightening shows last night was not enough to leave a puddle anywhere within 300 yards- missed the SW again- ground is still very dry

ps- I took 58 pictures of that lightening show

Sorry you didn't get any rain. I was watching the lightning show in my rear view mirror from about fifty to sixty miles east while I was on the hill talking to my son(have to pick spots to get cell phone service). I told him that every second I would see another flash in the storm clouds. All that and no rain, what a waste of a good lightning storm.

I pray that you will get some much needed moisture.

Maynard, looks like you're back in it this morning. Glad the faucet still drips for you! We have gotten 1.38 so far. Haven't seen any dirt blowing since it started. Lord willing, the water office will turn loose our water and I can start filling the lake and marshes soon. Now THIS is October!!!

Maynard, looks like you're back in it this morning. Glad the faucet still drips for you! We have gotten 1.38 so far. Haven't seen any dirt blowing since it started. Lord willing, the water office will turn loose our water and I can start filling the lake and marshes soon. Now THIS is October!!!

I watched the radar down your way and figured it must be trying to cool you off after Mexican food. I know you need the moisture and I am happy for you.

What I am getting here this morning is perfect, just light rain and drizzle. That hard rain yesterday really packed the soil and a hard rain would produce some runoff now, but this light rain is just right. PTL. It was an awesome sight to see the pavement wet this morning, especially after the weather gal said last night we would not get anything.

Yeah, I've been watching the Dodge area. Glad to wake up to it giving you some more this morning. We're up to about 1.93 now. Looks like some better amounts on the way still. Though I would have liked to accomplish some more dry work, the timing of this is perfect for waterfowl hunters, deer hunters, and the coming upland seasons. At least the threat of wildfires will be significantly reduced.

Last edited:
Sorry you didn't get any rain. I was watching the lightning show in my rear view mirror from about fifty to sixty miles east while I was on the hill talking to my son(have to pick spots to get cell phone service). I told him that every second I would see another flash in the storm clouds. All that and no rain, what a waste of a good lightning storm.

I pray that you will get some much needed moisture.

unbelievable- all that lightening just to my north- strong real strong winds 2 hours later that lasted 3 some hours- blew some things arround here-
and so little actual rain- hard to believe- we were missed again

Happy for all of you that got some rain this weekend.:thumbsup: Hope it keeps coming for all those who need it.:cheers:

Back