Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Grouse hunting season 2012!

picture.php

:cheers:

Opening Weekend in Southern Kansas...Belle my 2.5 yr old GSP

November 11, 2012 15 guys 3 dogs and 50 pheasant for the weekend. Not too bad. This was Belles first time out with more than just ME

My Buddy with his first rooster.

20121119_141353.jpg

And the pack (minus one).

20121117_140604.jpg

Logan and Stella
LOGANampSTELLA.jpg

Logan is 6 and Stella is 2. We got both of them from the Weim rescue in March. I started out by introducing them to birds and guns just like you would a puppy. Followed by putting them on birds at various bird farms. I am surprised at how naturally good they both are. They both find birds like pros, they both hold and honor points and have made some remarkable retrieves. Once in a while they will fight over the bird or Stella will sometimes not want to give it up. But, other than that they are doing better than expected.

Asleep on her feet

Great pics everyone - love this thread!

Here's one my buddy took on the drive home today. Last week of the season birds are scarce and spooky. Ruby worked hard to put up 4 hens and one rooster. The rooster flushed near our host's house, so no shot taken.
asleeponherfeet_email.jpg

-Croc

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I finally made it all the way through! What a great looking bunch of dogs! I do feel for you guys (and Gals ) who loss a hunting companion like I did . Shayna was my girl and my kids claimed I treated her better than them! My wife even gave up kicking her out of our bed, she said she didn't know who snored louder, me or the Lab. I don't have any hunting pics. of, her just family pics.

Great pics everyone - love this thread!

Here's one my buddy took on the drive home today. Last week of the season birds are scarce and spooky. Ruby worked hard to put up 4 hens and one rooster. The rooster flushed near our host's house, so no shot taken.
asleeponherfeet_email.jpg

-Croc

LOL, someone was hunting.:thumbsup:

Wow! I finally made it all the way through! What a great looking bunch of dogs! I do feel for you guys (and Gals ) who loss a hunting companion like I did . Shayna was my girl and my kids claimed I treated her better than them! My wife even gave up kicking her out of our bed, she said she didn't know who snored louder, me or the Lab. I don't have any hunting pics. of, her just family pics.

Them are the best pics. :cheers:;):thumbsup:

after one beer

My wife saw this and said it looked just like Elle and myself. We've got to plan a hunt next year. Look forward to meeting you.

Back