Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

I finally got the dogs out for a run and Indy on a couple pigeons.

Indy pointed what I suppect was a pheasant. Ace came in and backed him, but I was not able to put up a bird.
20120819_080004.jpg

After our run I put Indy on a couple of pigeons. He is really steady, but we have a lot more work to get him standing there watching them fly away.
20120819_093609.jpg

This is my WPG Taz, a few recent pics from some water work. Like Setter Nut, need to get him steadier as birds are flying away after the flush, and occasionally he wants to break as birds are dropping into the dekes. Should be able to get these solidified before the season. Setter Nut, would still like to follow those purty dogs of yours around chasing some PC next month, maybe Taz will want to stretch his legs out a little.
20120805_093710.jpg

Yard work off the field stand
20120719_192001.jpg

This is how you train when it is 100 degrees, I will never lose my remote again
20120802_004120.jpg

Taz is a handsome fella. Did you get him somewhere in Kansas? I haven't ever seen a WPG in the field, but I like the look of Taz. Do you duck hunt with him too?

He waterfowl hunted more than anything else last year. For his first year he did really well with upland and waterfowl, so far I have been very impressed with the breed. I bought him from a breeder in Brookfield,MO, there are a few WPG breeders near Topeka and one in Lawrence also.

Jarbo...would you say everything they are advertised to be? Close working in the field, but a machine, and a peach at home?

Jarbo...would you say everything they are advertised to be? Close working in the field, but a machine, and a peach at home?
I would say so, Taz has been great in the field, marsh or at home. He self adjusted to terrain really well while chasing sharptails and huns is MT last year, well over 100 yards in thin cover and got in closer while looking for pheasant, he did this on his own. I was very impressed with the drive and determination for retrieving, along with the fact he swims as well as any lab I have been around. Last year we hunted dove and PC near 100 deg, and broke ice while retrieving ducks and geese in January with temps in the teens. Like a lot of other breeds, they do require a lot of exercise on a daily basis.

I would say so, Taz has been great in the field, marsh or at home. He self adjusted to terrain really well while chasing sharptails and huns is MT last year, well over 100 yards in thin cover and got in closer while looking for pheasant, he did this on his own. I was very impressed with the drive and determination for retrieving, along with the fact he swims as well as any lab I have been around. Last year we hunted dove and PC near 100 deg, and broke ice while retrieving ducks and geese in January with temps in the teens. Like a lot of other breeds, they do require a lot of exercise on a daily basis.

Great! Thanks for the info.

I have not been getting the dogs out like I should due to travel for work and the heat. Its been raining all day, but I went ahead and took the dogs out for a run.

Indy was the first to go on point. I was not able to put a bird up, but would guess that there had been a pheasant there.

1345910756709.jpg

A bit later Indy pointed a young pheasant, and Ace came in to back.

1345912495671.jpg

I bumped a covey of quail that was out in the cut grass, while the dogs were down in the cover. The birds flew to the other side of the draw, so I took the dogs around to try to get some bird work.

Ace was the first to find a single. I made him stand there for a long time so that Indy could come around for a back.

1345914111586.jpg

Indy came flying out of the grass and saw Ace and backed :thumbsup:

1345914172059.jpg

It was great to get the dogs out for a good hard run without the heat being a problem, rain is great :D

Last edited:
ace is such a cool loking dog (for a setter anyway):D

Thanks, I really like him. You don't see a lot of tri color chestnuts.
This will be his 4th season, and he really has come along pretty well.

Just hope we have some birds for the dogs to find this season. Last year was a joke.

Max training for his VGP test in October!

Geranfoxbox034.jpg

IMG_0414_edited-1.jpg

Introducing our newest member of the Standiford clan Baja Vom Wamsbach, Call name Baja (Pronounced Bi-Ya)
We imported her, our second imported Small MUnsterlander,a bout a month ago. She is already showing a good field search and serious prey drive. I look forward to field tie coming up.

bpoint2.jpg

Bajabby006.jpg

Bajapoint.jpg

baja2.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that 1 week after Baja got here I took her to the river to get her swimming. Well some yahoo discarded his treble hook and fishing line on the shore. Before I knew what was going on, Baja had it scooped up into her mouth!
I was able to hold onto the fishing line as we rushed to the vet. My worst fears were realized when the x-rays showed the hook was in her stomache.
Here is the x-ray.

2012-07-31103427.jpg

Afterwards

2012-08-01114410.jpg

The vet said the bait was still on it!

To young to hunt??

Hello! I have a five month old GWP. She's coming along very well. Just wondering when is the best age to take her hunting? The hunting season here in Minnesota is right around the corner. Thanks and I look forward to your feedback.

start her now she is reeady to start learning they ae just like children the earlier they are exposed to something the better

Opening duck with my son and our Small Munster, Abby. SHe hates her picture taken. And as for my son, I think his pose is suppose to be some cool, macho 15 year old grin thing. Who knows!

2012-09-2295101844_zpse09db0eb.jpg

mstand

The look on Abby and your sons face in that picture looks like you have been waterboarding them :D

Here is a couple of Indy tonight, I put out a couple of pigeons, but he locked up about 75 yards away from any of the launcher. He looked pretty serious, so I took a couple of pictures on my phone. I have learned to trust him, that he is on a bird. He is still pretty young and sometimes its meadowlark or some other bird.

But tonight it was a covey of 15 quail. This was in an empty lot in the neighborhood, never seen quail here before.

Oct12Indyy.jpg

Oct12Indy.jpg

Back