Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

Joe he did really good he stood through the shot and watched Gunner do the retrieving. I let him retrieve once and he actually did it within a step I was elated.

Jeff

Took the dogs out for a run today. They have not been out since the rifle season started and it will be another week until that is over. So I took advantage of the no Sunday hunting in Pa. The dogs found a covey of 10 quail (they were released from a johnny house a couple days ago) and I just about stepped on a hen pheasant before it flushed.
Nittany on the 10 quail:
IMG_20111204_104320.jpg

Blitz on a few of the quail after they flushed from Nittany's point:
IMG_20111204_110629.jpg

We named him "Little Boy" because we was the runt of the litter, now at 6 months old he's already bigger than momma (in the back).

IMAG0377.jpg

Good looking dog. I have heard of this bred but I have not seen one before in
"real life"

What is the disposition of this breed?

Thanks. I believe the Llewellin has an excellent disposition. They are a great mix of perfect family dog and hard working gun dog. They are very personable, intelligent, hard working and obedient. They are a little more laid back compared to a GPS or GWP and a little closer working in the field. I've hunted with quite a few different pointing breeds and I believe the Llewellin ranks right up there with the best of them.

Thanks. I believe the Llewellin has an excellent disposition. They are a great mix of perfect family dog and hard working gun dog. They are very personable, intelligent, hard working and obedient....

That is my definition of a great gun dog, just the kind I like. I have kids so a family dog is a must.

This is from the weekend of my 3 year old setter Ace quail hunting.
Trying to make it look like a grouse hunt :)

Dec2010_2.jpg

Here are some pictures from today. I have enjoyed looking at everyone elses so I thought it was time to share.
RSCN1184.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1163.jpg
[/IMG]
RSCN1187.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1180.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. I keep looking at all the great Pics. you post and it is giving me setter envy. I don't think the Mrs. would like it very much if I brought home a new dog though.:(

Back