Fuel prices

Time to move to CO, where everything is cheap, and the jobs pay double.:D:cheers: No?

I'm with you. Buddie Yuma AZ states 3.95 for regular.:eek: #2 d is 4.50. :eek:
Dad states 2.87 in casper wy for regular. Man this gas cost is going to kill me. I travel 600 to 900 miles a week. I'ts beyond ugly. :)

It is already starting to affect everything else. Some schools are taking fresh veggies off the menu for example, because they doubled over night basically. Can't afford them in the budget. Delivery costs will explode again. Lumber and so on. Fuel drives the economy. I guess we know where this is headed. Not good.:( Pull up the boot straps men.

Last edited:
Jmac, you started a good thread here. A lot of good info. FCS man you got the economy thing right. The ones that will be hurt the most by the high prices will the elderly and the ones on fixed incomes.........Bob

Yes, back when I lived in St.Paul, MN. I can remember the "Gas Wars" heck gas for .20 cents a gal. was common. That was pure gas too, none of this ethanol junk. Now most of our gas price is taxes. If we could repeal all Fed, state and local taxes I wonder what the price would be............Bob

I think that here in Minnesota the taxes total around $0.39 per gallon, if I remember correctly.

Here is a quick link for you to check in your home state. You may have a better web site than this but this is fairly handy. I listed the prices for Alaska but all you do is remove the that is there and place yours there.

www.alaskagasprices.com

www DOT FillInBlank gasprices.com

If you look at Juneau you'll see a WIDE gap in pricing. Funny too in a town this small they did not list Fred Meyer.(these are diesel prices)

update Tesoro $3.49
9102 Mendenhall Mall Rd near none Juneau Sat 3:01 PM
update Safeway $3.69
3033 Vintage Blvd & Clinton Dr Juneau Sat 2:32 PM
update Petro Express $3.77
5165 Glacier Hwy & Lemon Creek Tr Juneau Sat 3:32 PM
update Taku Fleet Fuel $3.90
5631 Glacier Hwy & Tonsgard Ct Juneau Sat 12:05 PM
update Mike's Airport Express $4.02
9190 Glacier Hwy & Lee Smith Dr Juneau Sat 3:23 PM

What I find even more interesting in the pricing of diesel is when traveling through Yukon and BC diesel is cheaper than gasoline, which it should be. Basically the petroleum companies are giving it to us with out any lube.

Last edited:
Yep, 3.49 today here too. This is just pure price gouging.........Bob

Last edited:
birdshooter said:
$3.60 for regular unleaded here. Somethings never change. And this time it has nothing to do with oil supplies. It's all futures. The speculators are up to it again just as in 2008.

Exactly. Something really needs to be done about speculation on commodities. You shouldn't be able to purchase futures contracts unless you actually have a reason to hedge (e.g. grain farmer locking in prices for a future delivery, airline locking in prices for future fuel consumption).

That would certainly help. I found the Enron connection in the 60 minutes spot interesting as well. Seems they kind of opened the door so to speak.:mad:

well I filled my truck up yesterday and paid 3.75 a gallon for mid grade. 80 bucks plus for 21 Gallons.:mad:

If this continues I'll be Cutting down on hunting trips this year.:(

I'll be trading in my truck for one of these...

QuarterHorse.jpg

I hope Obama doesn't do anything stupid, like release our strategic reserves. It would do little to nothing regarding fuel prices.

He should, instead, enact legislation to better regulate the futures markets. Just the threat alone would pull back the cost of crude substantially.

4.13 a gallon here for regular, 4.33 for premium. I'm not driving my blazer or hot rod truck much at all. They both only run on premium and get 5 and 11mpg respectively.:(

One thing I noticed is I had occasion to drive from Kansas City to the Jersey coast, and whereas previously the gas price as you went east became higher, this time, it was nearly the same, within 3 cents a gallon, across the country. previously the difference was as much as .75. Looks like they have all the bases covered now. Hunting sure is going to be expensive. Roads in pheasant country being what they are, I'd sure hate to go to hunting out of a compact car, and these fuel prices will translate into higher lodging costs and food prices, either in cafes or the grocery store.

My Caliber has been getting a pretty good workout. I use the truck when I need a truck & my project Wrangler only gets driven once every couple weeks to keep her pipes clear.

I hope Obama doesn't do anything stupid, like release our strategic reserves. It would do little to nothing regarding fuel prices.

He should, instead, enact legislation to better regulate the futures markets. Just the threat alone would pull back the cost of crude substantially.

Bingo !!! and there are still those who want us to believe it's a supply and demand problem that is fueling the price spikes. Currently the supply is high and the demand is low.

The public needs to understand it is NOT a oil supply problem.:rolleyes:

well I filled my truck up yesterday and paid 3.75 a gallon for mid grade. 80 bucks plus for 21 Gallons.:mad:

Costs me anywhere from $120 to $125 @ 3.87 locally.

Last edited:
Back