Your Dream hunts, what are they?

Well you have to tell me more than that.

You gut the thing and hang it. You'll need 3 or 4 knives and stones and it will take as long as 45 minutes. There is no peeling it like a banana and you need to slice it off every millimeter of the way. It's almost like the skin is sewed on with steel thread. It's not that bad, just a major pain the first time you do it. I kept a box of presharpened knives and used those ceramic scraper hand sharpeners.

You gut the thing and hang it. You'll need 3 or 4 knives and stones and it will take as long as 45 minutes. There is no peeling it like a banana and you need to slice it off every millimeter of the way. It's almost like the skin is sewed on with steel thread. It's not that bad, just a major pain the first time you do it. I kept a box of presharpened knives and used those ceramic scraper hand sharpeners.

It can't be any more work than my moose. The moose was not so bad as where I shot it and what I had to do to get it out of there.

You'll be over that after you skin the first one.

My butcher acts like he's doing me some big favor to cut and wrap it too. 1 hog per year (preferably a 100lb sow) is all I'll take.

My butcher acts like he's doing me some big favor to cut and wrap it too. 1 hog per year (preferably a 100lb sow) is all I'll take.
Must be universal butcher behavior. Then wonder why I'm pissed when I butcher a 300# domestic hog and get 11.5 pounds of bacon!

Hunting cappercaille with a bunch of Russian's from a speeding boat down a river in the Russian wilderness:eek:

Hunting cappercaille with a bunch of Russian's from a speeding boat down a river in the Russian wilderness:eek:

Lmao!:cheers: Not my cup of vodka either.

the best elk hunt in arizona in the rut apache res maybe? thats one of my last things to do not interested in no boring colorado 4x4 hunt, i want the top of the line biggest bull in the country hunt, ive heard arizona is the place?

I was watching a documentary about Bengal tigers in India. These 2 young tigers were playing in some tall grass bordering a wooded area and a marsh and there were tons of some pheasant type birds and pea cocks flushing from the grass. It looked like great fun minus the tigers.:eek:

I would like to take a bobcat, elk and turkey on the Ponderosa.

I would like to do elk camp in Colorado again, this time with both sons in camp.

2 week, horse-back trip into the rocky mountains for elk and moose. My dad guided bear hunts, so that is done.

bird hunting again in central ia. would be a dream of mine:D. but i would still probly go to s.d. you know just for the dogs sake:D. :cheers:

I want to take the dogs on a hunt in big open prairie country with sharptails and Hun.
That is the plan for next fall. :D

I would take A second shot at dream hunt. How about All fall chasing upland birds from northern Saskatchewan down though the Dakotas, Montana, to the southwest...Nevada, Utah, New Mexico..to Texas. Then on to South America.

I like to dream Big!:10sign::thumbsup:

I would take A second shot at dream hunt. How about All fall chasing upland birds from northern Saskatchewan down though the Dakotas, Montana, to the southwest...Nevada, Utah, New Mexico..to Texas. Then on to South America.

I like to dream Big!:10sign::thumbsup:

Dreamer :D

Back