What's your favorite movie?

I am a Western and War Movie buff. I love any good action type movies such as those are........Bob

Tommy Boy
Caddyshack
Man from snowy river
Law abiding citizen
The ugly truth
Dirty Harry(S)
Mr. Majestic
Braveheart
Gladiator
and of course
WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S

Wow... you guys have posted lots of movies I really enjoy as well. Grandpa and I used to watch Eastwood marathons on the Western Channel, so any old westerns I still enjoy. Did anyone watch the series' Bonanza and The Wild Wild West? I'm only 30 years old, but used to watch the hell out of those shows as a kid.

A few other movies not listed yet...

And of course, Top Gun. :D

Wow... you guys have posted lots of movies I really enjoy as well. Grandpa and I used to watch Eastwood marathons on the Western Channel, so any old westerns I still enjoy. Did anyone watch the series' Bonanza and The Wild Wild West? I'm only 30 years old, but used to watch the hell out of those shows as a kid.

A few other movies not listed yet...

And of course, Top Gun. :D

Yes on Bonanza and Wild Wild West and my favorite movie line is from the 1st 300 Spartans move.

When the Spartans were completely done the king gives them one last chance and says "Arrows will blot out the sun" to which the leader of the Spartans Says "Then we will fight in the shade" Gotta love the attitude.:cheers:

Oh yeah, anything with Steve McQueen especially "Bullet"!

1.) Shawshank

2.) Second Hand Lions

3.) The Mountain Men ( Brian Keith, Charleton Heston )

4.) Jeremiah Johnson

5.) Any Eastwood or John Wayne

6.)Forrest Gump

7.) The Edge

Last edited:
-Jerimiah Johnson-

Almost forgot about this one and I own a copy of it.

Favorite line in the movie.

Redford says while walking behind their horses preparing to shoot an Elk. "What if he sees our feet?" Will Geer replies "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has"

Classic ....

The Great outdoors.
The outlaw Josey Wales:thumbsup:
HD and the Marlboro man What a classic:)
Open Range
Thats a tough question. I'd give a different answer everyday:D

It's more of a miniseries than a movie, but Band of Brothers was excellent.

Has anyone ever seen the HBO miniseries Into the West?

they have been covered
band of brothers
jeremiah johnson (my sons name is jeremiah and this movie had its influence.)
any Clint Eastwood western

Saving Private Ryan, Boondock Saints, Band of Brothers, Blackhawk Down was good.

Blazing Saddles is good too. :)

I was talking to a buddy of mine who is in the military. He has now done two tours in Iraq and ships out to Afghanistan soon. Said he watched "Hurt Locker" and said that he was offended to the core by that movie. Said it was the biggest piece of crap he's ever seen and it was terribly unrealistic.

I thought it was alright til he said that, and then I thought about it, and could see how he was offended...

1. Lonesome Dove 2. Open Range 3. Tombstone 4. Fried Green Tomatoes 5.True Grit 6.Dirty Harry 7. Platoon 8.Saving Private Ryan 9.Band of Brothers 10.Anything John Wayne or Clint Eastwood

McQueen for Sure

Oh yeah, anything with Steve McQueen especially "Bullet"!

ANYTHING with McQueen. "The Getaway," "TheHunter," "LeMans," "Papillion," "The Great Excape," "The Magnificent Seven," "The Thomas Crown Affair," "Nevada Smith"

Just caught Johah Hex on HBO...kind of strange but pretty darn good western!

Westerns: All John Wayne movies; Robert Duval in Lonesome Dove, Broken Trail, Open Range; all of the Selleck/Elliott westerns; Tombstone; Lancaster in "Valdez Is Coming"; "Johnson County War" with Tom Berenger is good too.

We were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Back