Vikings News

I can see the Vikes keeping Cassel.
Will they draft a QB, if so will a top prospect be available to them?
We don't want another Ponder.
Will they go after a free agent Veteran QB?

Depends on whos available. Right now I can't think of who that might be?

Vikings management wants to draft a QB and develop him. The problem will be finding a coach who can truly do that.

They had their chance at two franchise qb's the last 2 years and blew it. Most likely will have to draft. Not sure this is the year to draft a qb, May have to get by, with that depth needed, some key rolls filled and get that qb from a better pool through trades to move up to get that top pick. A cam newton, rg3 manning type QB. not some hopeful again. That guy who can lead, and do it for years. This merry go round they pull in the qb slot every year sucks. Allen and wiliams need replacing for sure, lost big Pat already. And an o line man. D needs to get off the field. Offence was actually putting up enough points that should have won 4-5 more of those games. No pass rush, no pass d, no run d = too many points allowed. This next season they would do better to get those linemen, d backs and some o line depth. There is a good pool for those this year. I think they should sign Allen to a short term 2 year deal and play him and Williams on key downs. They tire as the game goes, so dividing snaps with some new powerful young blood should help pass rush. And keep depth. We lost a couple key o linemen to injury. No depth, running game showed that. If they draft right this year and next. They will have a team in 3 years. And that's when they need that qb 2-3 years. Next couple they will not be in the hunt. At that same time they will have wore out AP so a RB and QB will be in need. That's why I say Trade AP for a couple top players in a key spot and a high draft pick or 2. He is worth value now, and 3 years from now, not so much. They have an opportunity to do the payback Dallas Hershel Walker trade.:thumbsup:

Should be a good game between the Pack and the team from Chit-cago this weekend. Of course, I believe the Pack will rule and again enter the playoffs. It must suck to always have to look towards the future of team during playoff time, something the queens fans are accustomed to.:D:D:D

Should be a good game between the Pack and the team from Chit-cago this weekend. Of course, I believe the Pack will rule and again enter the playoffs. It must suck to always have to look towards the future of team during playoff time, something the queens fans are accustomed to.:D:D:D

What a smackdown:D That will bring labman out for sure:thumbsup: Why do the Vikings alway make the NFL networks top crappy something team or players or draft:D I want frazier to be the packers defensive cord.

What a smackdown:D That will bring labman out for sure:thumbsup: Why do the Vikings alway make the NFL networks top crappy something team or players or draft:D I want frazier to be the packers defensive cord.

Labman, right. Keep pushing the charade Labman errrrr I mean coot:D. Pick your football picks would you. I am going hunting this weekend so I want to get them done.

Vikes are going to have to do what the chiefs did, clean everybody out and start over. Heck Childress is in the booth for us working on " special projects". Whatever that is

I will watch the Pacsters and the Big Bads Sunday with the Wife, She is a DIE HARD Packster fan. :rolleyes:
It will be tough but, I'm going to pretend to be Pacster fan. :confused::eek:

After the first of the year I need to start planning 2014 adventures, starting with a rooster road trip in April, next will be a Fort Peck Lake fishing trip in June. In the Fall 5-6 out of State Bird hunting trips.

I will need some of Her paychecks. :)

Worth the sacrifice you think?:eek::eek:

I will watch the Pacsters and the Big Bads Sunday with the Wife, She is a DIE HARD Packster fan. :rolleyes:
It will be tough but, I'm going to pretend to be Pacster fan. :confused::eek:

After the first of the year I need to start planning 2014 adventures, starting with a rooster road trip in April, next will be a Fort Peck Lake fishing trip in June. In the Fall 5-6 out of State Bird hunting trips.

I will need some of Her paychecks.

Worth the sacrifice you think?:eek::eek:

Sometimes it's the price we have to pay! :)

I'm hoping that we can meet in Montana in September for a day or two of hunting. I might go to that NSTRA Trial in Lewistown again and then would stay out there and hunt. Sound like a plan?

Sometimes it's the price we have to pay! :)

I'm hoping that we can meet in Montana in September for a day or two of hunting. I might go to that NSTRA Trial in Lewistown again and then would stay out there and hunt. Sound like a plan?

George, I'm betting we could have an adventure, We could go up into the NF for some Blues and Ruffs, go to the sage for sage grouse, the breaks for a combo, time to plan. :thumbsup:

George, I'm betting we could have an adventure, We could go up into the NF for some Blues and Ruffs, go to the sage for sage grouse, the breaks for a combo, time to plan. :thumbsup:

That sounds like a heck of a trip. The NSTRA Purina Endurance Trial will be Sept. 3-6 so after that I'd be ready. Probably have to leave the wife home this time. :)

I can't think of one player the pack would want if the vikings got rid of everyone:) Very few free agents pan out. Reggie and woodson did ok:thumbsup: Vikings would have won a SB if they didn't sign Farvieo:eek: GB would have won a couple more with out him:thumbsup:

I can't think of one player the pack would want if the vikings got rid of everyone:) Very few free agents pan out. Reggie and woodson did ok:thumbsup: Vikings would have won a SB if they didn't sign Farvieo:eek: GB would have won a couple more with out him:thumbsup:

You don't think the Pack would be all over AP and CPAT (Adrian Peterson and Cordarrelle Patterson)????

On the reverse side, I can't think of many Packer players the Vikings would want either. Maybe Rodgers and Nelson.

There isn't any NFL team that wouldn't want Cordarrell or Adrian.:confused:
These two would put the Pack in the SP for the next few years.
Not going to happen, Aaron and Clay are making scillions, the rest of the Pack Team, barely minimum wage. :eek:
No $$$$$$$$$$$ left for the likes of signing a player like AP or CP.

Pacsters really won't be a factor 2014 NFC North. (wait and see)

As far as Jared and Kevin becoming free agents, well, for sure they will. :)
Wheather they sign with the Vikes depends a lot if Frazer and Spielman are still here.
I hope the Willfs at this point choose to clean house.

There sure isn't going to be any SB rings with the current situ:eek:ation.

RB and WR are a dime a dozen:) I would like the pack to have the safety and te can't think of their names right know. They would be much cheaper:D Viking can have matthews never thought much of him:eek: Runs ten yards past the QB on every play and hasn't tackled a RB in years:mad:

Coot, You mean Harrison Smith and Kyle Rudolph.
Coot you do have some parts figured. :thumbsup:
However these guys are still on rookie contracts, not on the free agent market.
Maybe will be in a couple years, sorry the Pack can't afford them.:(:(

RB and WR are a dime a dozen:) I would like the pack to have the safety and te can't think of their names right know. They would be much cheaper:D Viking can have matthews never thought much of him:eek: Runs ten yards past the QB on every play and hasn't tackled a RB in years:mad:

Mathews is the most overpaid guy in the NFL, Flake, :rolleyes:
waaaay overpaid.
Chunky Soup, Blah! Blah! Glad that He does commercials, can't do much on the football field. Nah, He is at best a Packer for life. :)

More chatter about letting go of both Allen and Williams. I thought this may happen. No deals yet... Free agent time.

If they do decide to stay, I would suspect you'll see a reduced playing time for each during the course of a game. Passing plays for instance. There effectiveness if playing the entire game just gets less and less as the game goes on. They simply become gassed..... To the contrary though, if we had better talent in the secondary that would open up things in the D.line. Apposing QB's have had lots of places to go with the ball because everyone is open.....

Back