Vikings News

Good day to watch football. I'll pause the game so I can fast forward the commercials. Vikings/ kitties, Bears /Packers, Boys/Eagles.

There's getting to be more and more no huddle teams. Maybe makes the pass rushers obsolete? Or old guys that have lost a step obsolete.

Fraizer Fired!!

It's official: Leslie Fraizer has been fired. Saw this online at the Pioneer Press. They also said the Spielman has not been released and they feel he is the real root of the problem. As long as Spielman is the GM they say it will be difficult to get a new quality coach. Here's the article:

It's official and not exactly a surprise: Leslie Frazier has been fired as the Vikings' coach.

The Vikings made the announcement in a news release Monday morning.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman was not fired so the chances of this team improving with a new coach aren't all that great. Spielman is at the root of many of the issues related to the Vikings' failure to win more than five games.

After the Vikings' win over Detroit Sunday, Frazier fingered Spielman and team ownership as having input in the quarterback position, saying, "ownership and the general manager" were "involved to some degree" and that "the quarterback is a franchise position. It's a collective decision."

Good luck finding a worthwhile new coach who wants to deal with meddling from the general manager and team owners, particularly when it involves the quarterback position.

In the announcement of the firing, Spielman said, "Unfortunately, we did not achieve consistent success and did not achieve the progress we expected. We believe a coaching change is needed to help build a successful team moving forward."

Well, many fans and media members believe a general manager change is needed to help build a successful team moving forward.

I agree Spielman should have been let go as we'll. Let's face it he's responsible for getting talent and he pretty much screwed the pooch with the QB position. His argument will be that hiring Frazier was not his doing. Now his azz is on the line, no more excuses. I hope the Wilfs give him a short window to get it turned around.

Last edited:
So close but yet so far from a SB. They'll have it all next year crappy coach,players,gm, owners, and stadium:thumbsup: Patterson looks like the real viking deal. Just a matter of time for his first pot possession:eek: Allen got on his harley and road out of vikingland with his middle finger in the air:D I'd say another successful campaign by the vikings:10sign:

Couple things, You guys think the Vikings are waiting for Darrel Bevel to get done with Seahawks post season stuff?

And how about being a Packer Fan, especially if You would happen to have season tickets and would have to attend the Game? :eek::confused::confused::(

First of all there's snow everywhere, You have to clean/shovel/sweep your own area. T:eek:then the reward. A metal bench, no leg room. All this in record breaking cold.

Packers should go all out, rent the Metro Dome. Maybe they could sell out for the play off game.

Sorry Packer Fans. :cheers:

Yep sold out, needed some help though.
Next season maybe the Vikes will have some advantage at TCF?
Maybe our time. :thumbsup:

Anybody going to watch the games coming on soon?

Chiefs at Colts. Chiefs I hope.

Saints at Eagles. Eagles I REALLY hope, I still HATE the Saints for the Bounty thing.
Vikings would have gone on to win the SB that year.

I've been able to stop at hoping.
I know better then to bet. :)

Yep, they are 5 -6 good guys and a qb from being a great team. Hope the draft and free agent market is shopped wisely. 2 secondary,2 d line,1 o line, 1 wr, and a good top qb.

I believe they are much closer then that (play-off team anyways). A healty Smith (Safety) and a truly healthy Peterson would have made all the difference in the world. They tied a game and lost 4 games by less than a touchdown. They need their recent draft picks to work hard in the off season to become pro-bowl caliber players rather than ride the gravy train.

As exposed as the secondary is (Rhodes will be solid next year) and the D-line could become. The Vikes are in need of a solid middle linebacker capable of consistent tackles and the ability to cover the tight end coming up the middle.

Other teams will be in flux too. The Cutler contract could certainly come to haunt the bears on a salary cap basis.

Parity does not hurt either.

They get 2 games against teams that finished in the same spot in their division as the Vikings did the previous year in the NFC outside of the division they play four games against already (1 on the road, 1 at home)

Still some time away from being a SB contender though.

Looks like the frontrunner for the Vikings head coaching job may be Mike Zimmer who is the Defensive Coordinator for the Bengals.

From what I've seen is he's a no nonsense coach who has a little fire in his belly when it comes to coaching style. Vikings need a coach who can get into a players face when need be... However, it's been said by players that coaches that scream alot are soon tuned out and soon it has lost it's affect.

I sure hope Speilman know's what he's doing. :rolleyes:

Yes bengals would be the first place I would look for a coach:confused: You notice when good teams need a coach they go get them from other good teams. Not the longhorn sheep they go to the gutter:thumbsup: Oh well three more wasted years:10sign: Where'd they find speilman GM camp for losers:D

Yes bengals would be the first place I would look for a coach:confused: You notice when good teams need a coach they go get them from other good teams. Not the longhorn sheep they go to the gutter:thumbsup: Oh well three more wasted years:10sign: Where'd they find speilman GM camp for losers:D

Cooty, I think your trip to the north pole , has frosted your thinking, I don't know why you are picking on the poor vikings. They are in a not good place, but why do you want to kick them when they are down????? LOL :D

Cooty, I think your trip to the north pole , has frosted your thinking, I don't know why you are picking on the poor vikings. They are in a not good place, but why do you want to kick them when they are down????? LOL :D

He does so because he's trying to get a rise out of us and start the back and forth banter all over again. Ole Cooties is just Jealous because IOWA will NEVER, let me repeat NEVER.... be considered for an NFL franchise.

Just trying to help them become a proteam:D Poor minniesotains they have to pay taxes for a professional team. I'm a firm believer in the billoinares can pay for their own stuff:thumbsup: I bet the hawkeyes/cyclones/bulldogs/panthers and the jumping bullfrogs could beat the longhorn sheep:eek: We have a race track and the iowa barnstormers and they won a championship already:thumbsup: And no one got their taxes raised for them:thumbsup:

Coot, The Queens will play at most.:eek: 10 games a year at the new dome.
MN High School football teams will play 28 games per year. :)

Besides that, MONSTER TRUCKS. Many a Ioweagians saves all year long for the big event.
Think of all the fun You'll have Cooty, yelling and swearing and going home mad that your favorite truck failed. :( :confused::)

Monster trucks atleast they'll have one cool thing in the dome:thumbsup: I got the new coach Chris carter:thumbsup: You know the guy that catches the 1 yard pass and steps out of bounds. WR's today have perfected that and run up the field:thumbsup: Wonder why CC never did that:) Ponder would be the perfect QB for his system because he can only throw one yard:D

Back