Vikings News

Culpepper had the physical tools he just didn't have it in the mental part of the game. I don't think he was able to process information fast enough to make the right decision. Once he lost the his physical tools, especially his legs, he was done.

I don't think if Ponder had Smith, Carter and Moss he'd be any better. He's had the best running back in football and still can't put together a passing attack. Defenses stack the box and stop AP and it's game over. Cassel added another dimension. I'm anxious to see how Cassel does this weekend. Sounds like he will be the starter.

didnt frazier just say ponder will start this weekend?

Last week he did say that and in saying so he said the Vikings fans would not be upset if Ponder started. Faizier must have come out of his dream world and realized just how upset fans would have been. Ponder's been cleared to play but Cassel took the snaps with the first team yesterday. The starter will probably be officially announced today.

Those Vikings are really good.
Every 6 games or so.
I don't know what was said during halftime.
Different team on the field second half.

What's the chance of Frazier keeping his job after the season in percentage points. Anyone care to take a guess?

I say 20% and that's being modest.

Zero, nada, zilch, take your pick. :) My guess is that we will hear of his termination a week from today. The day after the last game. And I'm sure his entire staff will be gone also. I'm also hoping Wilf sends the GM Spielman packing as well.

Throw out the trash and bring in the new staff prior to the draft.

You may be right Zeb. However, if Spielman stays then the chance that Leslie is back may improve a bit. I've been hearing some rumors that the QB fiasco was orcastrated from higher powers within the organization. Leslie was just a puppet. But I agree, it can't be status quo again next year.

I also heard AP is lobbying with management about bringing Frazier back and that he wants to play for him for rest of his career.

Remember.... that other pro sport organization in town gave a contract extension to it's manager after 3 pathetic seasons, so nothing surprises me anymore.

We'll shall see...

Last edited:
Spielman needs to go. He has way too much power and say in the operations. They claim that if Spielman stays it will hinder the Vikings hiring of a quality coach because none of them (Gruden or Cower) would work in that situation.

I think the vikings should go to the playoff for the central div. The other three teams suck worse then the Vikings:)They should get a new GM,coach,QB RB, OL,WR,TE,DE,DL,LB,S,FS,CB,K,P AND CHEERLEADERS:D Other then that THEY'RE GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT:thumbsup:

How can anyone be a vikings fan? Why not just wake up every morning and beat yourself with a stick and skip the 3 hr agony of watching a game?

How does anyone be a fan of any team that happens to reside in their hometown/state? Loyalty I guess.

Believe it or not as bad as the Vikings have been the last several years it's still by far and I mean BY FAR ! the most popular pro sports team in town, not even close.....

Gotta believe the Wilfs will right the ship or at least bring in people who can. Let's face it they've got a new state of the art stadium being built and ready in a few years and putting a good product on the field when that thing is ready will be a priority for them. They don't strike me as the kind of owners that tolerate mediocrity for long or someone will be handed their walking papers. They've been more than generous when comes to opening their checkbook for talent. Now it's time find the right people running the day to day operations that will get it done.

How can anyone be a vikings fan? Why not just wake up every morning and beat yourself with a stick and skip the 3 hr agony of watching a game?

I get by, by stalling the game and fast forward the commercials etc. It's only an hour that way. :)

The Vikes go outside now you know, TCF should work well for Adrian. Maybe better yet for Toby.:)
I think coaching is a problem with the Vikes, GM too, Ponder was the pride and joy of Spielman.

Their will be some free agent QB's avaialble, Cutler?
Ponder will be gone along with Fraizer, Cassel will stay as backup. Freeman was here for one game, failed experiment.

I think the Vikings have the talent to win The North next year. Bad breaks and bad QB, coaching or The current record would be 9 and 6 good enough to lead the division.
Patterson will be a superstar, already far better the Percy in every way. Simpson and Wright with a QB, lookout Pacsters! Healthy Tight ends will add to the mix.
Defense will take some improvement, a shutdown corner would be nice. Pro Bowl type ML would be nice. Jared is still good but He will need to get a lot of rest, somebody that can take over in a year or two with 15 plus sacks.

I bet Jack Del Rio would be a great choice for the outdoor Vikings. :cheers:

Wayne, please not Cutler!! :( He's a long way from being a franchise type QB. All he would be is another failed experiment. I'd rather see Big Ben from Pittsburgh. Bring in someone for 2-3 years to mentor a first round pick.

I do agree that with an new GM, a new coaching staff, a new QB and shoring up the defense that the Vikes could compete next year.

I think they should do what they can to get 1 more great o line man, 2 great d line men, couple more good safety secondary guys 1 receiver that is nice, and 1st is that QB from Florida. Gotta start looking to replace Allen and Williams. Need help yet in secondary, receivers are good now, just a small bit of depth. O line 1 more good one for depth. And most important, a legit franchise QB draft. Not scraps left after 10 picks with hopes he is smarter then he sounds when he opens his mouth. Listening to Ponder and T Jackson talk just tells you this is a hopeless cause.:rolleyes: They get a great qb, then the rest they should be able to shore up with draft by the time that new box opens. And yes, coaching needs to be addressed. Fraiser is a super nice guy, but it is what it is, and he just doesn't have it either. If you are not smart enough to throw that red flag when Garheart's knee is clearly down on the big screen against Baltimore to win that game, your last straw with me. That and a couple more of his bone head moves in that game is why he is a looser of a coach. He certainly does not loose for giving up, just poor decisions. And they are easy decisions. Pooch kick??? When you have a guy who can kick it out of the end zone?? Come on.;) Glad I was hunting yesterday, never even had the radio on. Sad thing is, when they get this all sorted out, they will have squandered the career of the best running back in NFL history for nothing. They should do right by him and trade for future they need and let him go get that Super bowl with a winner right now.

Actually Ken they would most likely have to wait a couple years for that Winston kid out of F.State. He's a freshman, now the McCarron kid from Alabama is coming out in 2014 draft and some scouts are drawing a lot of similarities to Tom Brady....

George, NO way, as far as Cutler, I'm only sharing a night mare. :eek:

We do not want a problem like that, He has the arm, what else? not much. :confused:

McCarron is worth a wait for, How about the Duck? Mariota.
I just think the Vikes need a Veteran for a year or two.

I get by, by stalling the game and fast forward the commercials etc. It's only an hour that way. :)

The Vikes go outside now you know, TCF should work well for Adrian. Maybe better yet for Toby.:)
I think coaching is a problem with the Vikes, GM too, Ponder was the pride and joy of Spielman.

Their will be some free agent QB's avaialble, Cutler?
Ponder will be gone along with Fraizer, Cassel will stay as backup. Freeman was here for one game, failed experiment.

I think the Vikings have the talent to win The North next year. Bad breaks and bad QB, coaching or The current record would be 9 and 6 good enough to lead the division.
Patterson will be a superstar, already far better the Percy in every way. Simpson and Wright with a QB, lookout Pacsters! Healthy Tight ends will add to the mix.
Defense will take some improvement, a shutdown corner would be nice. Pro Bowl type ML would be nice. Jared is still good but He will need to get a lot of rest, somebody that can take over in a year or two with 15 plus sacks.

I bet Jack Del Rio would be a great choice for the outdoor Vikings. :cheers:

Wayne I so hope that the viking pick up the loser cutler. It will only help the packer continue to dominate the the Queens. denver dumped him for a reason and so will the bears. LOSER :D

McCarron is worth a wait for, How about the Duck? Mariota.
I just think the Vikes need a Veteran for a year or two.

I like the idea of that McCarron kid in the draft and I really think Cassel can be that veteran if he knows that the youngster is being groomed for the job. I don't think there are any better opportunities around the league for Cassel to get a starting job next year. This of course would hinge on the Vikings actually bringing him back next year.

Back