Vikings News

They could have went after Manning and the Wilson and the San Fran QB:rolleyes: They like sucky QB's I guess. Cassle did a nice job in New England If I remember too did he not? I think if he gets a fair shake behind a good line with a running game he gets his confidence back. Then look out. Its there he has talent.

LOL Denver is looking real good . Seattle maybe the stop to denver. San fan maybe but I don't think so.:)

Just pick the opposite of me. Every time I pick the Vikes they lose. When I don't, they win. I can't figure them out! :cheers:

Just pick the opposite of me. Every time I pick the Vikes they lose. When I don't, they win. I can't figure them out! :cheers:

LOL we have been dealing with that for a long time. But, they are our team. So gotta route purple. Never been a band wagon jumper. I go down with the ship LOL. When they get a Superbowl team they always screw it up. Otherwise they play this same old stupid ass QB thing, over and over and over and over and over and over. We just need a Brad Johnson again, we don't need a favre, just solid consistant play. Ponder will be a good high school coach.
:cheers:

If Fraizer goes with Ponder after the bye, I'm going with the Seahawks.

:cheers:

I really don't understand the loyalty to Ponder? Frazier will be committing suicide if he goes back to Ponder and he continues to flounder.. What ever happened to what we hear the coaches preach all the time about "Doing what's best to give the team a chance to win".

After the Pittsburgh game you could hear it in some of the players voices during interviews. The whole team was lifted because of what Cassel was able to do. The team wants Cassel, even if they won't admit it publicly.

Could it be that the decision is not Fraziers to make?:confused:

Listening to Rick Spielman (GM) talk, I think he stays hands off when it comes to decisions on the field. He's certainly not Jerry Jones.

A blind man can see who is the better QB. You simply play the BEST player at that position and that would be Cassel. To put Ponder back in after he is so-called cleared to play, would be foolish and career ending if your a coach who is worried about his young QB's feelings getting hurt. Until Cassel shows us another side of himself that we here in Minnesota haven't seen yet, you have to go with him for the better of the team.

So Vikings Faithful. :)

Do any of You Think :eek:

That, :confused: Josh Freeman was signed to replace Mc leod Bethel Thompson as #3 QB?

Forgot to give you my thoughts. :confused:

Cassel will start next game.

If Casell doesn't set the world on fire, Say at least 250 yards 2-3 touchdowns, 0000 turnovers. Duh! win the game of course.

LOOK to see Josh as the QB of the future for the Vikes..

Well..... at least as long as Leslie is there, THAT might be limited as well as the Freeman experiment.:cheers:

Freeman fits prefect with the Vikings.
1. not a team player.
2. not good at all:D
3. probablly could throw a good loveboat party:D
4. won't make the hall of fame
5. no one in the nfl wanted him
6. thinks washed up packer players are great.

Who the heck would want to go to Minn. for a superbowl? Why not have the SB in Siberia:eek:. Warm weather is the place for SUPER BOWLS.

I have always thought JF had potential to be a serviceable QB. If you guy's are thinking you are getting RG3 or Russell Wilson, you are going to be disappointed. The problem I see, is he is kinda going from one mess to another. Doesn't seem like Minnesota is the most stable atmosphere for him. He is going to need that to be successful. Even then I think his upside is limited.

Will Ponder end up on the trading block??

Not likely the rest of this season. The Vikings released 3rd string QB Mcleod Bethel Thompson, so we now have 3 QB's and that will likely stay that way for the rest of the season.

The Vikings have created a circus with their completely inept ability to get a good QB and have anything last beyond a year or two. Nobody... and I mean NOBODY on their current QB roster is a lock and all could be gone next year....

One thing is for certain and that is Ponder won't be seeing another start.

Last edited:
It will take injuries for Ponder to ever see game time action as a Viking.
He's done, as far as trade value, there's none.
Ponder has another year contract, may not mean anything. He will be released by the Vikings during the off season. There will be a career change He is not a NFL QB.
Some very good QB's to be in the draft 2014, Hope Spielman and Fraizer get some help with this one.:cheers:

It will take injuries for Ponder to ever see game time action as a Viking.
He's done, as far as trade value, there's none.
Ponder has another year contract, may not mean anything. He will be released by the Vikings during the off season. There will be a career change He is not a NFL QB.
Some very good QB's to be in the draft 2014, Hope Spielman and Fraizer get some help with this one.:cheers:

Spielman hasn't exactly set the world a fire with his QB Draft picks historically. Look no further than Culpepper, Jackson and now Ponder, all busts.

Regardless of who they may draft, having a solid veteran at the reigns for a couple years so they can learn the position at the pro level will be critical instead of throwing them into the fire right away.

I'm hoping the Freeman experiment turns out and he gets to where he was when he first started with Tampa.

You have to wonder about what might have happened if Ponder would have come in for a couple years under Favre. I know.... that's a stretch, but it certainly would have prepared him much better. ;)

Correction. Now that I think about it Speilman had nothing to do with Culpepper and may have had a say in Jackson, but as a whole the Vikings organization has not been good with their QB draft picks for some time.

My thoughts on Culpepper. He had legs and size. Big arm.
He also had Robert Smith, Chris Carter and Randy Moss. Hall of Fame stuff here, and not because of Daunta, these guys would have made Christain look good. Ummmm maybe a stretch here. :confused::eek::eek:

With the high powered offense, A dang good defense.
Once Daunta lost it He lost it.

Back