Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

COVID certainly curtailed my own hunting opportunities greatly - in fact, it was the primary driver of what was essentially a non-existent season.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case again this year. I can't imagine that this isn't heavy on everyone's mind.
I don't think covid will be a big issue. Ammunition will be.

Four bird limit - that's 6 limits per box!

I'd agree with you that COVID probably won't be a major factor - but induced fear of the successor variants might be. Doc Fauci says as much as 30% of current cases are new variants (read: most vaxes not effective).

Covid wasn't an issue for me pheasant hunting. Or deer hunting. Or turkey hunting, or fishing all summer. Social distancing outside is pretty easy to do. Its when you start traveling, eating out in a restaurant, staying at hotels, or riding in a truck with someone is when you create a risk. Simply being outside in a pheasant field with another hunter walking on the other side of the field has no risk.

I hope ammo isn't an issue but every time we have a mass shooting, demand spikes, creating more availability issues.

Covid wasn't an issue for me pheasant hunting. Or deer hunting. Or turkey hunting, or fishing all summer. Social distancing outside is pretty easy to do. Its when you start traveling, eating out in a restaurant, staying at hotels, or riding in a truck with someone is when you create a risk. Simply being outside in a pheasant field with another hunter walking on the other side of the field has no risk.

I hope ammo isn't an issue but every time we have a mass shooting, demand spikes, creating more availability issues.
I don't know about you, but I couldn't find a box, much less a few cases, of shotgun target loads (especially 20s) before the "mass shootings".

If this is the new normal - you can have it, I don't want it!

Actually - appropriate for the pheasant forum. It is quite possible that this woman is attempting to catch a pheasant. From Redfeather:

Hook fishing
Another possible way to catch a pheasant is to use a hook and bait. Everything is simple here. Take, for example, corn and string it on a hook number 10. Then we hang the bait to a height of 0.5 meters above the ground in places where the bird walks. Near the trap itself, you can put some loose grains to attract attention. Or hang them nearby, but without a hook.

She'd be more successful fishing the corners of a center pivot irrigation field. Send me her email address, and I'll be happy to coach her.

I don’t doubt any of your assertions...none of this stuff is that big a deal to me. If Mrs. Fauci is rich, good for her. I switched a few too many lanes and ended up here recently...need to get back to my bird hunting, dog and gun conversations!!! No disrespect...I have learned quickly that you are sharp, and I respect your ability to express and convey complex thoughts and ideas...very much so. Supper is ready....gonna sip some 4 roses single barrel bourbon first...have a great night!!!🥃🥃
BB,

Have you tried 4 Roses Small Batch? It is wonderful.
Birdman

As a resident of South Dakota I am supportive of her handling of the virus. I don't agree with her on everything but she has done the virus well. The super spreader event is the people crossing the southern border and being flown all over the country.

Ya that doesn't really work. Because then they ask the government or the health care system to bail them out because of their irresponsible actions. Certainly we are all adults here and make our own beds every day, but you can't fix stupid sometimes.

Ya, I'll call out a governor if I want. I consider myself a moderate conservative too just so you know but I work in public health and every single decision that Noem has made goes against what I do for a living. When someone makes decisions for their personal political glory ahead of the safety and health of their own population that is when I draw the line.
Amen well said. If a group wants to ignore all precautions the Medical experts say to take. Then go for it. If they get sick after such actions. Why should someone pay to save them? Like others have said. They don't have a vaccine for STUPID.. Sure wish they did, cause we have Millions of them in this country.

As a resident of South Dakota I am supportive of her handling of the virus. I don't agree with her on everything but she has done the virus well. The super spreader event is the people crossing the southern border and being flown all over the country.
I have people in Brownsville TX (or north Matamoros, if your prefer). They tell me that the Corona importation is real, but fatality rates are actually
down because of better treatments. The much larger problem (you aren't going to see it on CNN) is the typhus flowing northward; that is the more serious disease in term of lethality. So I'm told.

I just checked the Covid stats for the county I live in. 12% of the population has had the virus. .003 have died. I don't know how that compares but that doesn't seem extreme. I personally can't think of anyone I know of that died from it.

But we must remain afraid and accept constraints. There are variants out there just waiting to pounce. So saith the infallible, altruistic, servant of the people - Doc Fauci.

I'd rather be on the side of staying conservative than just opening back up like there's no problem. Slight increases in capacity should be dictated by the reported infection rate in the area. Not just dropping capacity limits all together and removing our masks like in Texas.

I went to pick up a muskie replica about 2 weeks ago in Wausau, WI at a muskie expo and the behavior in Wisconsin as it relates to this is completely appalling. I wanted to walk around at the expo and virtually no one other than the workers there in booths were wearing masks. Gas stations, restaurants, and hotels aren't any better either. There's a state mandate there and signs on the doors but people completely ignore it. Not only that, the security guards do nothing about it either. Really kinda ruined the experience for me. I grabbed my replica and got the hell outta that cess pool as large indoor gatherings without masks are a big no no.

Avoid crowds, wash your hands, wear a mask, get a vaccine when its your turn. Don't be an asshole out there, please.

Everyone has the right to make their own decisions based on their situation. My sister in law just about died from a reaction to her second vaccine shot. She went to the emergency room in Aberdeen and they flew her to Sioux Falls. She will live but may never be as good as she was prior to the vaccine. I suppose she would be what you call people that don't take the shot if she hadn't. I will not take the vaccine and you calling people names won't convince me. All that it convinces me of is that you can't come up with a cognitive point so the best you can do is resort to name calling. What a great contribution you make.

From my experience in helping vaccinate over a thousand people at my hospital, your second dose shouldn't be much worse than your first. Six months of immune memory is encouraging though.
My wife and I both had covid during Turkey day and xmas holidays and we both got our shots in Feb and March. I would say we both had more side effects following the first shot then the second. I too had heard the second shot was worse, but for us that wasn't the case. I did participate in the CDC post shot surveys. I never intended to get vaccinated but I had an opportunity to get my wife vaccinated thru work so i took 2 for the team to help ease her piece of mind.

I know one person that died from Covid. She was a grandmother age 90+. Her son contracted Covid and gave it to her. He was her caretaker. My wife and I went to the burial. Everybody had a mask on EXCEPT the SON who gave it to her. Even his wife had a mask on. He is 50+ something. It was all I could do, to not say you dumbass, you killed your Mother, and you still don't get it.......

Yes I have had my second shot. I was a little tired the next day and that was it. Moderna vaccine.

I can't believe you guys are so callous and uncaring. You only speak about wearing one mask. Every good subject knows that unless you wear multiple masks simultaneously you don't really care about others. Tsk tsk

Back