Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

Racism is not as simple to define as the liberal media press says it is ? Is it racism only when the "majority" race acts ? Or can a minority race be racist to another minority race or the majority race in a city, state, country ?

Plenty of ethnic cleansing going on globally often more based on religion than most other differentials. In prisons, groups often form and separate by race. Post Rodney King ... the racial tensions between Asian and African Americans became well defined, well known, and well documented.
From the reporting I have seen thus far...it does not appear to be a bunch of black dudes knocking old asian folks to the ground....seems pretty clear it's some of those"nice" white folk that think mr. Orange should be king...
I'm pretty sure it was a white society that detained and locked up americans who just happened to be of japanese ancestry, after pearl harbor.

Sure, there is bigotry and prejudices in every corner...I know what it feels like... I lived on a reservation growing up. Later on in life I lived in a community that was 80% black. But I was never the recipient of the systemic biases that represent racism on a societal scale.
It is disengenuous for you to label the definition of racism " a liberal media invention" ....and then pile on with a bunch of what aboutisms.

If you think it's useful comparing the actions of wacked out jihadists and prison gangs to the racial disparaties and issues in the u.s.a.. go for it..
It seems like you want to find cover for a behavior(racism) that much, not all, of society finds repugnant. There were really nice folks on both sides at Charleston is what I think I hear you saying.

When your nation is governed by a senile clown who can't even climb steps to an aircraft, or control his own dog, then apparently anything goes. It's too late for Prevagen to help this asshole. From our southern borders to the violence in the streets, to virtually rewriting our history and defunding the police, since January of this year we've had major problems. The dumb asses want to ignore it; go ahead. The rest of us need to find ONE strong candidate to get behind (there is more than one to choose from) and beat the hell out of this current lame excuse for a chief executive in November 2024---IF the country lasts that long without a total civil breakdown.

Name calling and threats. You seem grumpy it's 1:46 pm maybe you need a nap!

It's 3:12 where I live and if you can't/won't see the seriousness in this situation, maybe it's time for you to wake the hell up. The gun laws the Yuppies want to impose have been coming on strong since the Gun Control Act of 1968. New York, Connecticut and Chicago have had Draconian gun laws for years--how's that working out for their citizens? The gun laws now being proposed will do NOTHING to stop the major crimes most of us are concerned about, and the Democrats, deep down, damn well know it. Outlaws, by definition, care nothing for the laws. We need to use the electric chair to start frying some of these perps who use guns in crimes, rather than attempting to disarm the populace at large. After about 30 or 40 of these shown on the 6 o'clock news, maybe a few bad guys will get the message.

Hey Chief....
My energy levels have been pretty low for awhile..would you mind sharing what your Dr. has you on ? I could use a bit of that um pa pa you got going.
Thanks.
p.s. probably going to need soomething to deal with depression, once the world ( per your predictions) goes totally down the toilet. What would you recommend? Booze, weed...something harder??
It's like 10:30 out here in the islands

From my perspective, however, instead of telling random strangers on the internet how I feel and telling them they are wrong, I work with legislators and representatives, city council members, mayors, etc., to craft or block legislation/policy that may affect my life and the lives of my children. That might be less effective than getting into petty arguments on the internet, so again, I could be way wrong.
Get out of here with your reasonable commentary. This is an internet message board. We need more name callin', proposed fights some dude telling us that we can "circle jerk all day". This is what quality internet tough guy arguments are all about!

Throw in a spot of Trump/Biden and now we are cookin'!

Its too bad we can't throw in some random GIFs in there while we are at it!

Well Des Moines looked like a good meeting place between St Paul area MN and Manhattan Kansas. Wanted to be mindful of your drive time before the fight. Don't want you groggy from driving being the excuse you use for losing 🤣🤣🤣
That is VERY considerate of you! I can appreciate that!

Get out of here with your reasonable commentary. This is an internet message board. We need more name callin', proposed fights some dude telling us that we can "circle jerk all day". This is what quality internet tough guy arguments are all about!

Throw in a spot of Trump/Biden and now we are cookin'!

Its too bad we can't throw in some random GIFs in there while we are at it!
Now hold on there....nobody...AND I mean NOBODY wants to see a GIF of the aforementioned circle thing...

Well, Hare, I'm glad you asked. My first recommendation would be, if you can find it in "the islands", is 16 year Lagavulin, if you have a taste for Scotch....and, if you have the balls for it, among the "scotchiest" of Scotches would be Laphroig Quarter Cask ---lots of peat and smoke in the taste; (a friend describes it as "drinking Absorbine Jr.) but the taste can grow on you.....

Well, Hare, I'm glad you asked. My first recommendation would be, if you can find it in "the islands", is 16 year Lagavulin, if you have a taste for Scotch....and, if you have the balls for it, among the "scotchiest" of Scotches would be Laphroig Quarter Cask ---lots of peat and smoke in the taste; (a friend describes it as "drinking Absorbine Jr.) but the taste can grow on you.....
Well, yes...I have been known to drink a little..or even a lot, of liquids that come out of a bottle labeled scotch.
Now as to the finer points you raise, I will have to defer to your expertise..
I will tell you that the first scotch I had was the best.....40 years ago..give or take..down in Fiji, a young Canadian fellow and I got stuck into a bottle of the stuff..it was a pretty good sized bottle, but we were up to the task that fine afternoon.
When the young lady that had purchased the bottle the previous day returned to the bungalow, only to find that her bottle had been hijacked and consumed by a couple of young renegades... well...she had some pretty choice words for us..

My dad used to use absorbine Jr. on foot rot he got in the Korean war...maybe he should have been using laphroig...

From the reporting I have seen thus far...it does not appear to be a bunch of black dudes knocking old asian folks to the ground....seems pretty clear it's some of those"nice" white folk that think mr. Orange should be king...
I'm pretty sure it was a white society that detained and locked up americans who just happened to be of japanese ancestry, after pearl harbor.

Sure, there is bigotry and prejudices in every corner...I know what it feels like... I lived on a reservation growing up. Later on in life I lived in a community that was 80% black. But I was never the recipient of the systemic biases that represent racism on a societal scale.
It is disengenuous for you to label the definition of racism " a liberal media invention" ....and then pile on with a bunch of what aboutisms.

If you think it's useful comparing the actions of wacked out jihadists and prison gangs to the racial disparaties and issues in the u.s.a.. go for it..
It seems like you want to find cover for a behavior(racism) that much, not all, of society finds repugnant. There were really nice folks on both sides at Charleston is what I think I hear you saying.

What the US did to Japanese Americans was wrong. What Japan did to the Chinese and Koreans is absolutely abominable. The Japanese Americans (for the most part) recovered relatively quickly in their socio-economic status.

You chose not to comment on the race issues in LA during the RK riots. Again the point is it (racism) is not just a white thing.

The situation in Atlanta may or may not be related to race ... Interesting that many jumped to "another white man with guns in Colorado".

Systemic racism a problem - yes. But the problem is deeper than that in the African American population. I lived in the deep South and my wife briefly taught in a school that was >50% minority and >65% below poverty line. I volunteered there and can tell you lack of two parent (and especially a father figure) is disastorous to all races ... The African Americans that I worked and socialized with (college educated professionals) all had their children in private schools and worried deeply about their kids being pulled into the lowest factor.

The situation with Native Americans is complex. Isolation may not have been the best answer.

What the US did to Japanese Americans was wrong. What Japan did to the Chinese and Koreans is absolutely abominable. The Japanese Americans (for the most part) recovered relatively quickly in their socio-economic status.

You chose not to comment on the race issues in LA during the RK riots. Again the point is it (racism) is not just a white thing.

The situation in Atlanta may or may not be related to race ... Interesting that many jumped to "another white man with guns in Colorado".

Systemic racism a problem - yes. But the problem is deeper than that in the African American population. I lived in the deep South and my wife briefly taught in a school that was >50% minority and >65% below poverty line. I volunteered there and can tell you lack of two parent (and especially a father figure) is disastorous to all races ... The African Americans that I worked and socialized with (college educated professionals) all had their children in private schools and worried deeply about their kids being pulled into the lowest factor.

The situation with Native Americans is complex. Isolation may not have been the best answer.
Agree with your points. Socio-economic considerations combined with cultural attitudes and beliefs are significant and relevant to the discussion. Breaking the cycle of children born into fatherless homes(of all races) should be at the top of the list of issues facing our nation, yet, when was the last time you heard it discussed in the media ...in politics. Not a peep.
The % of young women opting to have children out of wedlock is staggering and only grows worse with time.

Not sure what there is to comment about on the RK riots.....he passed away not that long ago.. fast forward to 2020 and we have a pretty similar situation.

North America native people's, like most aboriginal people, face a difficult journey when they lose their ancestral lands and become suboordinate to a different culture. One can only hope that as a race/culture, they can continue to keep some of their ways and language. That famous line from star trek..."resistance is futile" , I hope, won't become a truism...

My absolute favorite scotch whiskey is 18 year Macallan, which I drink quite sparingly as the last price I saw on it was something north of $340.00 for 750 ML.....two more reasonably priced brands are Balvenie Doublewood 12 year old, and Ardbeg 10 year old. A treat, if you can find it, is Talisker Storm.

My absolute favorite scotch whiskey is 18 year Macallan, which I drink quite sparingly as the last price I saw on it was something north of $340.00 for 750 ML.....two more reasonably priced brands are Balvenie Doublewood 12 year old, and Ardbeg 10 year old. A treat, if you can find it, is Talisker Storm.
Sounds like a trip to the Scottish highlands needs to get added to your bucket list....

These drugs are not approved to treat covid 19. They may have some benefit but that has not been scientifically approved by the Food & Drug Administration.

(This is a long read so if you have no curiosity about Ivermectin, just scroll on by. If you want to know how to get some, try the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance. https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/how-to-get-ivermectin/ )

That statement is true. However, the NIH's COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines, in guidance last updated February 11, said there is insufficient evidence to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. That recommendation was upgraded from guidance in August that recommend against ivermectin's use in treating or preventing COVID-19. The “neither for nor against” recommendation same level as those for widely used monoclonal antibodies & convalescent plasma.

From the AMA Journal of Ethics:

Once a drug is FDA-approved for a specific indication, legally it can be used for any indication [3, 4]. Off-label prescribing is common; it accounts for 10 to 20 percent of all prescriptions written [5], although the practice is more common in specific patient populations like children and the elderly [1, 2, 5]. Physicians also might be more likely to prescribe off-label medications for patients facing life-threatening or terminal medical conditions for which there are limited or no FDA-approved alternatives [1, 5].

There are several reasons why off-label prescribing is so common. Advances in clinical medical practice often outpace the FDA’s ability to approve new drugs or relabel previously approved drugs with new indications [1, 2, 5]. The FDA approves only 40 to 60 percent of all drugs submitted for review, and it can take six to eight years and approximately $1.7 billion to get a new drug approved [4]. Moreover, the revenue associated with relabeling a drug with additional indications might not offset the expense required to conduct the necessary clinical trials, which discourages most pharmaceutical companies from relabeling drugs once they have already been FDA-approved for one indication.

So using a drug off label is common. Ivermectin HAS been shown to be effective.

This link is quite interesting: https://c19hcq.com/i

and https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3765018

For the 24 states with early IVM treatment (and Lima), excess deaths dropped 59% (25%) at +30 days and 75% (25%) at +45 days after day of peak deaths. Case fatalities likewise dropped sharply in all states but Lima, yet six indices of Google-tracked community mobility rose over the same period. For nine states having mass distributions of IVM in a short timeframe through a national program, Mega-Operación Tayta (MOT), excess deaths at +30 days dropped by a population-weighted mean of 74%, each drop beginning within 11 day after MOT start. Extraneous causes of mortality reductions were ruled out. These sharp major reductions in COVID-19 mortality following IVM treatment thus occurred in each of Peru’s states, with such especially sharp reductions in close time conjunction with IVM treatments in each of the nine states of operation MOT. Its safety well established even at high doses, IVM is a compelling option for immediate, large scale national deployments as an interim measure and complement to pandemic control through vaccinations.

It’s being used around the world. How many US lives could have been saved?

You remind me of that country music song.....something about a one legged man with his pecker in his hand.....
You, and ol'native and mr. Labby all think you're the smartest fuckers in the room. From where I sit, you are just plain arrogant and full of yourselves..
Are you like this in person? Are you that "guy" that is ALWAYS right and knows more than anyone else....I guess if you are a SME...that probably answers that....the "subject matter experts" I have had to deal with in my business were arrogant fucking pricks that were not nearly as smart as they thought they were...
It's not like you add a whole lot to the discussion yourself, in case you havn't figured that one out
Ah. The Ad Hominem Fallacy.

And, of course, vulgarity. The first refuge of the truly unimaginative.

For the trifecta, absolutely nothing germane to the discussion. No factual information whatsoever.

Bravo.

A medical doctor can write a prescription for any reason they want to. They could write a prescription for prozac to treat covid 19 if that's the route they choose. Its still not approved to treat covid 19 by the FDA.
Seems to depend on what state the doctor practices in and how resistant to threats from the state government that doctor is.

Michigan made threats. I think some others did too.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/...cribing_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

Clearly a man of great taste. I agree on the MacAllan/18 but as you pointed out it's pricey. Drove me to the 12. Back in 2002 I bought a bottle of the 25 year old for around $125 or 150, can't remember. I was kinda disappointed. It was so light it almost had no flavor.

Had quite a bit of the Doublewood; very nice. Had Lagavulin, Talisker and Laphroaig; just the normal ones, not the ones you mention. I like a peaty scotch with a drop or two of water in it now and then.

Sláinte!

Ill stick with the clinically proven drugs myself. Albeit rapidly proven, but proven nonetheless. Doing a (admittedly) quick read, it sounds like the people at FLCCC are using others research to support their own. From countries I would consider less advanced medically than our own. Studies done in Bangladesh, Egypt, and Argentina were mentioned. Not what I would consider a "who's who" of medical research. I'll take the advice from the "big name" groups.

Such as this article here:

Or this one here:

Or here:

And lastly, Merck (the company who MAKES Ivermectin said:

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

Not sure what you're trying to push myself. Do you have stock in Ivermectin? Haha

Back