Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

Can't speak to his intentions, but I can observe his results.

The man is a political grandstander posing as a scientist. Here's his latest pearl (today): Fauci: Whitmer 'A Really Good Governor,' Who Has 'Done Some Really Good Things' (breitbart.com)
Is that similar to when he said Trump was doing a great job too? But that wasn't bullshit or grandstanding because of course Trump was.

He's a scientist, not a politician. And has served multiple presidents (think he's on president 5 now counting Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush Jr and Clinton) throughout various pandemics.

Maybe people would believe scientists a little more if they weren't reading bombastic journalism. Breitbart? Talk about grandstanding.

I'd love to hear a conversation between you and Fauci discussing the science behind this virus. I'd pay to hear it actually.

Is that similar to when he said Trump was doing a great job too? But that wasn't bullshit or grandstanding because of course Trump was.

He's a scientist, not a politician. And has served multiple presidents (think he's on president 5 now counting Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush Jr and Clinton) throughout various pandemics.

Maybe people would believe scientists a little more if they weren't reading bombastic journalism. Breitbart? Talk about grandstanding.

I'd love to hear a conversation between you and Fauci discussing the science behind this virus. I'd pay to hear it actually.
I'd love for Fauci to decide on a course of action on this disease and stick with it! Masks early on, then for awhile, no masks....the "Science" has said for some time that there's no reason why kids shouldn't go back to school in person---but many teachers still won't go until they're vaccinated; never mind that grocery clerks, barbers, auto parts store clerks, grocery checkout personnel and bank tellers, etc. are facing the public every day with many of them so young it will be weeks if not months before they're vaccinated. Fauci sure as hell doesn't walk on water; he's as much of a political flip-flopper as most Democrats and that's saying something! Just face it--we are NOT "all in this together"--it's every dog for himself as far as Covid safety is concerned.

I’m ignorant on these matters...what are we looking for in a spokesperson for this pandemic??? Does Dr. Fauci have ulterior motives? Financial? Political? Other? He strikes me like a guy who has our best interests at heart. I can’t imagine anyone out there could have navigated this thing without making mistakes...maybe I’m wrong about that...dunno. My 91 year old dad sees doctors virtually full-time, and has nothing but criticism for all of them...guess there’s a theme here! Dr Fauci is 80, and has been working on our behalf for 50 years...he has my respect, and I am perfectly ok with him—or anybody in that role—not being omnipotent. I give him the benefit of the doubt...but I’m a simple person who probably can’t discern what others can...🧐
I am impressed by Dr. Michael Osterholm from the U of MN...people seem to respect his knowledge of this virus...maybe he’s the guy who should have been our leader? But again, I’m unclear as to what we’re looking for. I guess I’m still operating by the rules that were given a year ago—don’t get near others, wash your hands often, wear a mask in public...get tested if symptoms are present. Probably missed some...but overall, not that complicated. Seems like the messaging has been consistent, no matter the source—my employer (large company), city I live in, county, state, etc...

Last edited:
Fauci and Osterholm retain their salaries no matter what they say. I do not think either understands the economic impact of their decisions to many.

So much of it is science in process ... stop coming across as "this is the definative answer".

Fauci has major financial interests in the industry, as does his wife. And acts accordingly. His latest stance is that little kids should be vaccinated before returning to school - which translates, as so many of his pronouncements do, into something different. In this case - that we should keep schools closed, keep parents at home and keep Americans dependent on governmental handouts instead of employment, IMHO. His words have major consequences that extend far beyond medical issues. He understands that very well, even if you do not.

By the way - who put you in charge of deciding what constitutes "bombastic" journalism? What news source do rely on - and how does it compare in terms of factual integrity?

I just looked up Fauci’s salary info...highest paid federal employee, but not a high income by physician’s standards. Also saw an estimated net worth figure...substantial, but not that high for a physician who is 80 and still working. He is well compensated and is fairly wealthy, but not egregious income or net worth for the industry that he works in. I don’t have any insight, but I would bet a case of beer that he’s got certain firewalls that preclude him from enriching himself or his wife via opinions or policies that he promulgates. Again, just my hunch, not an educated position.

If you told me a year ago that in Q1 '21 we'd have multiple vaccines, cases/hospitalizations/deaths would have fallen fairly dramatically from where they were, the economy would be doing relatively well (employment, GDP, stock prices), I'd take it...in the manner that life had to be lived...yes. Others may disagree. Every decision may not have been correct, but all in all, I'll gladly take it. Seems like we are much closer to the end than the beginning...

To use a euphemism, we're in about the first inning of a 9 inning ball game as far as this nation is concerned. We have people in charge who would change our very history, take your money that you earned and give it to those who have repeatedly, lamentably continued to make poor life choices, take your firearms away or make it so onerous to buy ammunition or own firearms that many will forego them, open our borders to people who are not citizens and have no interest in adapting to "America"....need I go on? Don't believe me? I really don't give a squat; you ignore all this at your own peril....I remember the 60's and 70's and we thought those were disruptive times, but we've seen nothing yet. Cinch up and sit deep in the saddle boys, we're in for a hell of a ride.

I’m referring to covid...I think we’re much closer to the end than the beginning...all the other stuff, dunno...I’ll leave those predictions and prognostications to the others here who are much more expert on said matters. I don’t expect my life to change...hasn’t up till now...figure it will continue on about the same...😎

I just looked up Fauci’s salary info...highest paid federal employee, but not a high income by physician’s standards. Also saw an estimated net worth figure...substantial, but not that high for a physician who is 80 and still working. He is well compensated and is fairly wealthy, but not egregious income or net worth for the industry that he works in. I don’t have any insight, but I would bet a case of beer that he’s got certain firewalls that preclude him from enriching himself or his wife via opinions or policies that he promulgates. Again, just my hunch, not an educated position.
I wouldn't have any idea what constitutes an "acceptable" net worth for anyone, medical professional or otherwise and those firewalls you refer to do exist, kind of - but they are essentially as effective as dry wheat straw. Check, for example (NOT partisan; just factual) net worth of Joe Biden, or the Clintons. Like them, Fauci's market value is directly dependent on the power afforded him by his governmental authority, and on his ability to hold center stage. He's quite aware of this, and very good at it too. Also - in the "how its done" department - his wife is not subject to the same firewalls. Ask Bernie, he can tell you. Anyone who is able to find financial data on Mrs. Fauci - I'm guessing it would be of interest here.

Not trying to ignite a political duel here but I prefer factual information over blind faith. Dr. Fauci is not Dr. Evil; but he is a man who likes being center stage very much (probably for more than one reason). This leaves him, IMHO, with a bias toward "sharing" information before its time,
which is why he so frequently finds himself on multiple sides of any given issue depending on the time of day - regardless of the potential for collateral damage. We certainly have not heard much trade off analysis from the good doctor, to assess the offsetting mental/physical/economic damage of the policies he advocates for. And I frankly doubt he gives it much thought.

I had a friend who lived to argue about such things...I finally told him I was done, neither of us did anything about our passionate beliefs that oftentimes led to shouting matches. I pay my taxes and vote. That’s about it. And that’s what I’ll continue to do. I have great respect for people that take their beliefs to the next level and act on them...run for office, try to further their beliefs through action of some kind. I’m apathetic and have yet to take it to that level...perhaps that will change...maybe I suffer from “blind faith”...dunno...I don’t accept all politicians and public servants as inherently good and magnanimous characters...by any means...I just haven’t felt like Fauci is someone to be too concerned about...he’s 80, if he has some sinister scheme to enrich himself and go live some lavish lifestyle, he’s missed the boat! I may be wrong, he strikes me like a pretty dedicated public servant...if he’s gotten rich by doing so, good for him. Making 450k is a nice living, but it’s not a huge income by DC standards, especially for a doctor. One thing I know, we’re not changing the world as we chatter back and forth here...interesting to hear others’ views on things for sure...

I had a friend who lived to argue about such things...I finally told him I was done, neither of us did anything about our passionate beliefs that oftentimes led to shouting matches. I pay my taxes and vote. That’s about it. And that’s what I’ll continue to do. I have great respect for people that take their beliefs to the next level and act on them...run for office, try to further their beliefs through action of some kind. I’m apathetic and have yet to take it to that level...perhaps that will change...maybe I suffer from “blind faith”...dunno...I don’t accept all politicians and public servants as inherently good and magnanimous characters...by any means...I just haven’t felt like Fauci is someone to be too concerned about...he’s 80, if he has some sinister scheme to enrich himself and go live some lavish lifestyle, he’s missed the boat! I may be wrong, he strikes me like a pretty dedicated public servant...if he’s gotten rich by doing so, good for him. Making 450k is a nice living, but it’s not a huge income by DC standards, especially for a doctor. One thing I know, we’re not changing the world as we chatter back and forth here...interesting to hear others’ views on things for sure...
I agree !

You have more than one friend that meets that description, if I'm not being excessively generous with myself.

But I think facts are always more useful than opinions. With all respect, I think I bring a few of those to the table here. I filled out my full share of Financial Disclosure document while I was working and I know exactly, not guessing, how they work. I have not maintained that Fauci is sinister - just self focused, and consequently - damaging.

If you really want to know - which I respectfully submit that you do not - go track down his wife's net worth. Clue: he doesn't include that in his annual Financial Disclosure submission, nor is he required to.

You have to look in the right places, and know the right questions to ask. Although I'm sure it will sound arrogant, I have a bit of an advantage in that department.

All facts welcome.

I don’t doubt any of your assertions...none of this stuff is that big a deal to me. If Mrs. Fauci is rich, good for her. I switched a few too many lanes and ended up here recently...need to get back to my bird hunting, dog and gun conversations!!! No disrespect...I have learned quickly that you are sharp, and I respect your ability to express and convey complex thoughts and ideas...very much so. Supper is ready....gonna sip some 4 roses single barrel bourbon first...have a great night!!!🥃🥃

Like you, I have no objection to Christine Grady's wealth - unless it grew to the "no one really knows" level due, at least in substantial part, to her relationship with Dr. Fauci and his ability to steer both public health policy and public opinion in ways that directly effect the bottom line for at least some of her benefactors.

These ethical questions do get murky - but they do need to be asked, and answered. They never seem to be.

Back