Photo of the Year Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazer-UPH

UPH Guru
So as I sit SD at the lodge we are at, going through a few photos that were taken last night, lets get a contest rolling this fall. I want to encourage clients to go out and take some photos. Not just the photo of the pile of pheasants, but the photos that capture the moments, the photo of what draws you to this sport, and what brings back memories of those special hunts. At the end of the year, I will have everyone vote on the winners photos and that lucky photag will get a UPH prize package sent in the mail. Long Sleeveshirt - decal - shirt. Maybe a few items that shows our appreciation to one being members but also getting out there and doing more than just shooting birds.

Here is one I took last night.
10690358_10152669628061030_3831287901254417495_n.jpg

My favorite to date - only because it was a great experience
1461695_10152018231741030_476517947_n.jpg

What do you got? Lets see...

As most know I do alot of photos and video for clients across the board. I find myself being asked to hunt, and much would rather take the camera and shoot people hunting..... plus then I got some great artwork for the house... I just want to encourage more people to take more than just the end of the hunt shot. Shoot some photos in the field!

Here are a few of my favorites from last season, great memories preserved in these photos.

The hero finally off the DL.

20131221_121700-1_zps4868a4fe.jpg

A young Joshua tree high in the desert.

20140118_155518_zpsffce9b8a.jpg

Sunrise under Mt Shasta.

20131124_071226_zpse1a8cafe.jpg

The first snow rooster I ever saw.

20121229_110513-1.jpg

This one is on canvas on my wall at home.

20131019_113344_zps3cda466b.jpg

This isn't pheasant hunting but here is a set of photos from the Black Hills and I got run over so this I think was a good gif animation...

black-hills-snowmobiling-gif-brandon.gif

Great idea! Started carrying a camera in the field last year after being inspired by this forum. GSPs in pic belong to good friend and they were proud of that hard earned first quail of the season.

I keep a camera in by bags and start shooting pics right after I get my limit if I can or if my dog is on point while another goes in for the flush.

Bring my nephew this year and I want to get a shot of him on his first hunt.

Sageinaction_zps2b7479b7.jpg

Sage in action. Her and my first day ever hunting wild birds in South Dakota. At least one of you reading this knows exactly where we were. What a great day! Beautiful country.....

SageSDlimit_zps3eaee5b6.jpg

Perhaps my favorite South Dakota picture from last year. Yes, Sage and I got our three birds, but the day has special meaning for me. That exact day (Oct 25) was exactly to the day the third anniversary of my first hunting dog Brandi's passing. Brandi is what really got me into pheasant hunting, and what ultimately brought me to the day this picture was taken. A little help from above never hurts. :)

bigrooster_zps1919d8df.jpg

Very late fall public land bird from Wisconsin. I had gotten a tip from a friend that hunts deer on a remote section of public land who saw a few birds while he was deer hunting. It paid off...this was a cagey rooster for sure in some tough thick cover.

One of my favorite action shots, it was a pretty crummy day so the original pic was kind of washed out. A nice fellow from the BD&FF facebook group did some post editing to dress it up.

picture.php

Last edited:

This one is a good memory for me. Took my Grandpa out and my little sister. Hes 80 in this photo. It was here first pheasant hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back