Photo of the Year Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely incredible FCS. I'm going to have to DM you for further. My family is originally immigrated to the Waseca/New Prague area. I also know a guy with the same last name. Cool.

The structure looks sound! I bet you could put a new roof on that and create a pretty neat barn.

Yep, you would have to re tuck point the thing too, but it could be done. I believe the roof was partly masonry as well. I would have to climb up further to figure that out. But it sure looks as such from the ground. If it were mine I would restore it. Them are "real" granite field stones. Some big arms on that old boy.:D

Wouldn't it be cool to make a hunting club out of that structure? Restore it, and create a point of destination out of the structure. With the right funds and people behind it I think it could become a destination point rather than just a cool picture. I don't know sometimes my mind wanders into those avenues.

One of my favorites from a trip a few year's ago!

SAM_0471.jpg

"Every picture tells a story, don't it?" :10sign:

Calisdad,

You're so right, that picture was taken a few years ago. We had been thinking about a trip to the Mid-West, but instead decided to hunt in South West Pa. for some of the remaining WILD Ringnecks, which is no easy task. It was a great trip with a lot of memories made for a father, son, and beloved Springer. A lot has changed since that picture was taken, and at times I wish I could just stop time in it's tracks, but I realize no man can tether time nor tide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back