Phil Robertson?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's cool that someone from the outdoor industry has morphed into mainstay television and I believe holds the #1 show on TV. It's amazing that they ask a guy how feels about something and then try and burn him over it. I think his views on the subject were well known before this "shocking interview" It's a sign of the times that this can catch so much traction but stories about our national deficit, the gutting of our military, wounded veterans, China, Iran, all end up on the back pages of the paper.

JMHO

I truly believe that Phil Robertson would treat a gay and straight person as equals, regardless of what the bible tells him.

I don't think Phil Robertson thought about his sales, or the status of his show, when this came up. He is like many of us that say what we believe without fear of consequence. He should have had somebody with him to help keep him out of a situation like this. I try to refrain from judging others based on the bible. God doesn't e-mail me to ask me my opinion on anything:). If some of you get that. cool. I try live my life according to the plan, when I die he isn't going to ask me why I didn't blast people for being a sinner, he will ask me why I didn't love them. IMO god probably won't ask Phil Robertson either:) I have to go clean snow off of the driveway now so we can get to church. I have pheasant marinating in the fridge:)

Last edited:
God emails me all the time. Not very nice stuff. Theres no way I made you. Or where did I screw up making you. Can't you be nice once. learn to spell you can't be that dumb:D
Who watches A&E anyways. Suppose you guys watch OXYN or BET too:D

I don't think Phil Robertson thought about his sales, or the status of his show, when this came up. He is like many of us that say what we believe without fear of consequence. He should have had somebody with him to help keep him out of a situation like this. I try to refrain from judging others based on the bible. God doesn't e-mail me to ask me my opinion on anything:). If some of you get that. cool. I try live my life according to the plan, when I die he isn't going to ask me why I didn't blast people for being a sinner, he will ask me why I didn't love them. IMO god probably won't ask Phil Robertson either:) I have to go clean snow off of the driveway now so we can get to church. I have pheasant marinating in the fridge:)

I don't think Phil did but once he said what he said I think it is possible that A&E may have seen an opportunity. I will never know for sure.

Maybe but I'd like to believe the Robertson's wouldn't use their faith in that way.

I don't think he did either. He could care less about $ and seems to be the real deal.

His managers on the other hand:rolleyes: For those living in the spot-light they don't say much of anything (publicly) unless they have the green light from the big-boys who control and preserve their image.

In Phil's case, I'm guessing they knew exactly how he would respond to the questions he was presented with knowing Phil wasn't going to shy away from speaking up about his beliefs. The end result will be more people purchasing their goods and watching the show.

Nick

Last edited:
As I have said many times before, Iam glad we live in a free country where anyone can say and do what they believe in and not be put in jail or worse for saying or doing it. In my little part of this world if I don't agree with someone Iam in a situation where either I don't have to deal with them or I just leave them to there own part of there world and go on with my life. Taught my children that just because someone is different than you does not make them bad but in the same sense does not make them good either and should be judged on their character and how they treat you and others.

America kept the pressure on..Good job people!!!

Phil Robertson Will Return To 'Duck Dynasty' Episodes In January

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/21/phil-robertson-duck-dynasty-return_n_4485646.html

Cracker Barrel puts 'Duck Dynasty' products back on shelves after outcry

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-cracker-barrel-duck-dynasty-20131222,0,748635.story

Quote from Cracker Barrel

"
Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that?s just what we've done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.

And, we apologize for offending you.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family."

I can hear him this week already. I'm so religious I need to give to a charity. Which he owns so hes really giving nothing. Which translates into I screwed the hardworking people out of so much money this week by boosting my shows ratings and junk stuff sales:eek: I need to repent. Same s##t different day. Only thing they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Their the biggest sinners on earth:eek: Limos, big houses, rubbing it in our faces. It's called GREED.:( Jesus would be proud.

Hey coot, I saw on late night tv they now have chia-pet's that look like the Robertson's. They grow beards instead of hair. They are just living the american dream. I am sure all the people that buy that crap at wally world can afford it. Wonder if you can buy it with welfare checks?

I can hear him this week already. I'm so religious I need to give to a charity. Which he owns so hes really giving nothing. Which translates into I screwed the hardworking people out of so much money this week by boosting my shows ratings and junk stuff sales:eek: I need to repent. Same s##t different day. Only thing they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Their the biggest sinners on earth:eek: Limos, big houses, rubbing it in our faces. It's called GREED.:( Jesus would be proud.

You are correct Coot. The bible does say, you can not serve two masters. Meaning money and God. A rich man can not enter the kingdom of God.

The Bible says many things. You are not correct.;)

As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Judge the guy as you see fit. I see good in him.

:10sign:FC.

You know I have no problem with Phil, he probably lives his life pretty much like I would with a few mill in the bank. Lots of toy's, modest house, seems to have a good life. I have more of a problem with Willie and his flaunting of wealth. I have no idea what he does for charity, really don't care. Anyone who flaunts wealth like that I have a problem with. Phil, at least by appearances, seems to be far more humble and living his life like Jesus would. I seriously doubt Jesus would live in a 2-3 million dollar home. Phil and I actually have some similarities of our past. I wasn't alway's this great person I am today:). Therefore he and I should watch who we judge, lest we be judged.

God emails me all the time. Not very nice stuff. Theres no way I made you. Or where did I screw up making you. Can't you be nice once. learn to spell you can't be that dumb:D
Who watches A&E anyways. Suppose you guys watch OXYN or BET too:D

LMAO!! :10sign:

You are correct Coot. The bible does say, you can not serve two masters. Meaning money and God. A rich man can not enter the kingdom of God.

Guys I didn't mean for this to go down a path of bashing or misquoting scripture I was just stating an opinion I had on the issue. On point your quote is wrong on the bible it does not say a rich man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It says it is harder for a rich man to get to heaven than it is for a camel to go through an eye of a needle. It is somewhat of a figure of speech. Because of all the distractions that money brings into a mans life. I believe that if I were wealthy and had all the things that money could buy here on the earth I too would struggle with what people think of me, what I did with my money or how I spent it. But in the end I believe we all answer to God for all of our actions. I see now that A&E has changed and will now allow Phil back on to the new season starting in January.

OH OH looks like my evil ways have caused troubles:( Its so easy guys I have to do it:) If you haven't noticed I like see what kind of reactions I get out of silly comments. Kinda boring in Iowa:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back