NEWS FLASH: Drought ends at Ponderosa

You all need to stop the lighting at the Kansas boarder. 3 am was called in due lighting taking out pump. Boss came to tell me at 7:30 am to go home because lightning hit my house and it was on fire. Fire out thanks to 11 year old little turtle getting garden hose going on fire so he could get dogs and guns out. Think he has earned a new shotgun. Quick thinking and a calm head saved most of the house. Fire department said he saved the house by watering. The insurance adjuster called and said to make list of lost stuff. Can't really say if I lost that much except 1 side of gun cabinet. Thank God you boys let some rain make it over here.

Sorry that you lost things to the fire, but it sounds like you raised a great son.

0.85" bringing YTD to 14.95"

Excited to see what last night and early this morning brought you! That was a nice soaker for all of Western Kansas!!! You might get to 22 inches yet this year!!!!:10sign:
WUNIDS_map-10_zpse337f8e4.gif

4" for the entire year?

We had .5" from snow. One .70" rain end of May. One .40" & a .35" rain in June. A 1.10" & a .35" the end of July. Received another .70" last night which brings Aug. to 1.25" Also had a few .5-.10" showers that brings our total for the year to just over 5". After over 2.5" in 2 weeks everything is green right now.

25 acre pasture on June 26. There had only been 5 miniature donkeys in it from April 1st.

IMG_0702-1.jpg

We added 2.02 overnight. I'll have to check on flooding this morning. This is a whole different August!

We had .5" from snow. One .70" rain end of May. One .40" & a .35" rain in June. A 1.10" & a .35" the end of July. Received another .70" last night which brings Aug. to 1.25" Also had a few .5-.10" showers that brings our total for the year to just over 5". After over 2.5" in 2 weeks everything is green right now.

25 acre pasture on June 26. There had only been 5 miniature donkeys in it from April 1st.

IMG_0702-1.jpg

Looks like you had some very hungry donkeys! Where is this?

We were feeding them most of the time. They were only in the pasture for 60 days. We are 10.5 miles north of Park.

Where to find rain amounts?

I have been trying to find rain amounts based on historical averages. Anyone have a website that could point me in the right direction? I live on Fort Riley and it looks like we are way above average but I can not find anything to base this on. Let me know what you think?
Thanks
Tom

I have been trying to find rain amounts based on historical averages. Anyone have a website that could point me in the right direction? I live on Fort Riley and it looks like we are way above average but I can not find anything to base this on. Let me know what you think?
Thanks
Tom

31.15 inches is the average. What have you had this year?

Thanks
Tom

I don't think we are much above average, we just got it all in the last 2 weeks.

Another 1.50 last night and it's still raining. That brings August up to 6.12 after a July of 6.55. Wow what a change.

That's great to see Maynard:coolpics:

rainfall averages

I don't think we are much above average, we just got it all in the last 2 weeks.

pick a town, use the internet, go to that's town weather info, and there will be many hits as to the average rainfall for that town and some will give you the comparison as to this year. don't think you will have any problem, if so, i'll get it for you. like maybe, yearly rainfall, atwood kansas for ex. sure they post the stuff where setters live.

cheers

rainfall

time to give pastor john a break, he needs to spend more time with his new mutt now 6 mo and get it into some birds, the dog has had several days with quail and they were pretty much the useless type, next week john is going to pass the plate and hopes to get some pheasants, and then i am going to take him to kansas for some dove and while we are at it, hope to bump into a bunch of dumb pheasant chicks that the dog can chase or do whatever

cheers

Drove down to Ford last evening to witness water in the Arkansas River. It has been a long time since water flowed under that bridge.

IMG_0643_zpsf182364f.jpg
[/URL]

Back